Miss Mac diary - A fresh start!

3lbs is an excellent loss, bearing in mind your having 2 packs per day why not up it to three even alternate days or just 2/3 consecutive days to see if the extra kcals gets the fat burning quicker? Your right not to want to add food when your so in the zone. Either way! Your doing amazing!!! Mentally and physically! How close to the 13s!!! Eeeeeek! Xxx

Yes i was considering uping to 3 packs wed, fri, sunday to start with and see if that helps.
I probably do need the extra calories to give me a boost so will do that this week and see how it goes.
I really want to see the 13's next wednesday and knowing my luck if i leave it as it is i would lose 2lb and be 14.0!!

So a bit if trial and error this week i think and if it dont work it looks like i will just have to be more patient and lose weight slowly!

It's a good thing your not mentally struggling though. I think as it's still coming off and you feel better too your in a completely different mindset. Everybody has a weight where it really struggles to push past and through it. Mines was 11.3 to the 10s... Took me ages but once I was through it I never looked back. The same will happen to you. The lower 14s have been a slower process but you def won't wanna see them again! :) have a good day xxx

Hey MM day 71 - whoop!! I know you want it to come off fast, but just be glad you have the resolve to keep it coming off :) I am having food week already just cause of poxy hormones!! You have stuck with it and when you have come this far the last days should pass in the blink of an eye :)

Well done miss mac :D
I would try your plan of alternative days with an extra shake to see if that helps :)

Hi Miss Mac well done 3lb is fantastic and is MORE than 2lb so don't be disheartened. :)

Didn't realise you only had 2 packs a day, do you supplement with anything? What made you decide to do it this way? (Hope you don't mind me asking).

3lb is still a decent loss MM. I don't think I ever lose more than that apart from the 1st week.

You are not going to cause any harm by trying an extra pack. If it don't work you will easily be able to go back to the two as it's not going to be the same as adding food to your diet.

Well done for doing so well & staying so determined xx

Hi Miss Mac well done 3lb is fantastic and is MORE than 2lb so don't be disheartened. :) Didn't realise you only had 2 packs a day, do you supplement with anything? What made you decide to do it this way? (Hope you don't mind me asking).

Hi willow,

No i dont mind you asking anything.

I am doing the asda meal replacement shakes and they are around 215 calories each so 2 is around 430 cals. This is on par with when i did the cambridge shakes. They were about 140 each and i would have 3 totalling 420 cals.
So i chose to have 2 asda ones as the calories were similar :)

It's a good thing your not mentally struggling though. I think as it's still coming off and you feel better too your in a completely different mindset. Everybody has a weight where it really struggles to push past and through it. Mines was 11.3 to the 10s... Took me ages but once I was through it I never looked back. The same will happen to you. The lower 14s have been a slower process but you def won't wanna see them again! :) have a good day xxx

Yeah i am pleased i am not struggling food thought wise too often as the small losses would really tip me over the edge.

I hope youre right and once i break through the 14 barrier that i will fly through the rest ;)

I just have to keep going though as whats the alternative, come off, eat and put weight on! Thats not gonna help me get to goal is it (this is what i tell myself lol)

I wouldnt actually mind so much about the small losses but i really want to get to 12.7 at the end of the first stage. If the small losses continue i will be more like 13 stone. Its pressure im putting on myself really but i was well on track for that in january but with each month i get less than a stone, that goal slips further away!

Hopefully the extra shake will help :)

Hey MM day 71 - whoop!! I know you want it to come off fast, but just be glad you have the resolve to keep it coming off :) I am having food week already just cause of poxy hormones!! You have stuck with it and when you have come this far the last days should pass in the blink of an eye :)

Yes i am going to keep going no matter what and i cant be any better so not much i can do in reality.

Enjoy your food week :)

Well done miss mac :D I would try your plan of alternative days with an extra shake to see if that helps :)

Thanks marge.

I hope it helps. It better not make me put on or i really wont be happy lol :(

3lb is still a decent loss MM. I don't think I ever lose more than that apart from the 1st week. You are not going to cause any harm by trying an extra pack. If it don't work you will easily be able to go back to the two as it's not going to be the same as adding food to your diet. Well done for doing so well & staying so determined xx

Youre right. I wont have lost anything if it dont work so i dont mind trying it.

I may just have to accept the rate my body loses weight in the end.

I remember when ed did so well last year she tried various things when her losses slowed down but think she reverted back to normal in the end as nothing really made much difference.
Sometimes you just have to accept some weeks will be better than others.

On a separate note, does anyone have a template of a fantastic cover letter for a new job or any useful hints on what to include etc?

I have heard its normally the cover letter that gets you through the door rather than the cv itself.
I am trying to go for jobs in a slight career change therefore cannot let the cv do all the work if you know what i mean.

Any advice would be welcome :)

3lbs is fantastic diet buddy - well done! :D

Covering letters for jobs should be brief, but 'punchy' - something that makes your application stand out amongst the rest

.....focus closely on the person spec for the role, and reflect those qualities in your letter. Make it interesting enough to encourage the reader to look for more in your CV :)

Good luck with your job search x

3lbs is fantastic diet buddy - well done! :D Covering letters for jobs should be brief, but 'punchy' - something that makes your application stand out amongst the rest .....focus closely on the person spec for the role, and reflect those qualities in your letter. Make it interesting enough to encourage the reader to look for more in your CV :) Good luck with your job search x

Thanks darcy,

Yeah i just dont know how to make it stand out.
I think it sounds samey and i need it to grab attention!
I used to know key words and phrases but i am sure they are all outdated now and i need to know whats current.
The job market up here is fierce and if i cant make it stand out i wont stand a chance of getting an interview.
If i can get an interview, hopefully i can sell myself (not literally, im not after that much of a career change ;) )

Hi MM. 3lb is good! what sort of job are you looking for?

Hi MM. 3lb is good! what sort of job are you looking for?

Its in admin lynne.
I have plenty of experience but because my job at present looks on the face of it security based, i need a strong cover letter.

Great loss MM you really are doing so well xx

Can't help with the cover letter sorry, I've worked for a council for 14 years and we don't have them, all our jobs are application form only.

Great loss MM you really are doing so well xx Can't help with the cover letter sorry, I've worked for a council for 14 years and we don't have them, all our jobs are application form only.

Thanks katie.

Yeah thats partly my problem.
Been in this job for 9 years so im a bit out of the loop on what recruiters are looking for :(

End of day 71!

Day off tomorrow :D

Had 3 shakes today, hope it doesnt make me more hungry tomorrow!

I cant wait to see next weeks weigh in to see if its helped though :)

Back