Miss Mac diary - A fresh start!

MM I am applying for all my jobs through a website so my covering letter is as brief as it gets, but it seems to be working for me at the moment!

I just use:

"Please find this my CV for your perusal with regard to the ......................... position.

I feel from the varied experience I have had in my working career that I would be an ideal candidate for this role, I am confident, flexible, always willing to learn, as well as helping others expand their knowledge base.

I welcome the opportunity for interview"

But on a more important note - nearly day 72!! Whoop! x

Last edited:
Thanks marge.

I hope it helps. It better not make me put on or i really wont be happy lol :(

I hope it doesn't either. Hopefully it will just do its job of kick starting your loss when you revert back :)

MM I am applying for all my jobs through a website so my covering letter is as brief as it gets, but it seems to be working for me at the moment! I just use: "Please find this my CV for your perusal with regard to the ......................... position. I feel from the varied experience I have had in my working career that I would be an ideal candidate for this role, I am confident, flexible, always willing to learn, as well as helping others expand their knowledge base. I welcome the opportunity for interview" But on a more important note - nearly day 72!! Whoop! x

Thanks BoM

I will try and do some work on it today :)

Month 3

Week 11

Day 72

48 days to go

Day off but no lie in as still have to get son up for school :(

Got a docs appointment later as i have been having trouble with my ear that i am hoping he can sort out.

Might go back to bed after that though for a cheeky snooze ;)

Hope all went well at the docs and he has sorted it for you. Nevermind snoozes though - get applying for those jobs and good luck!! ;)

Day 72!! Well done MissMac, for your weigh in and for getting sooooo bloomin far!

Have a great day xx

Docs prescribed decongestant for my ear, think thats what she said.
It feels like when your on a plane and have to blow your nose to pop it!
She cant see any blockage so said there may be a bit of fluid behind the ear that the decongestant should work on.

It doesn't hurt or anything its just bloomin annoying.
It always happens when im really busy, then it goes funny and i cant hear properly and i cant hear myself talk properly!
Exactly when i haven't got time for it!!

Had snooze, now chill before i start a little tidy up and make son his tea for him coming home from school.

Then i will fire up the laptop and attempt a new cover letter and apply for a job ive seen then dye my hair then bath!!
Ooo i love days off :D

Sounds good to me :) I had three interviews and got the third job -I hope it goes as well, or better still even better for you hun.

My best advice is try and get an interview first for a job you don't overly want - gets the first awful interview out the way - and the interview nerves too! I am a confident person, but I seriously forgot how nerve wracking can be!! x

The ear thing sounds like what I had a while back. The doc told me to get otrivine nose drops to clear it. It worked :)
Enjoy the rest if your day off :)

The ear thing sounds like what I had a while back. The doc told me to get otrivine nose drops to clear it. It worked :) Enjoy the rest if your day off :)

Oh really? I thought it was just me!

Was yours constant or random? Did you take the drops all the time or just when it was happening?

Just because mine happens randomly normally when im busy and its inconvenient!
I dont like taking stuff at the best of times but if i have to take it all the time i wont know if its worked where as if i take something when its happening and it clears it, i will know its worked and i will only have to take something as and when i need it.

Does that make any sense at all lol ?

My OH who helps people fill out CV's says to emphasise your transferable skills that would be relevant to an admin type role.

Buzz words such as current legislation, competent user of IT, team work, communication skills, customer service,
ability to prioritise & analyse information are all useful depending on what the job specifications are. xx

My OH who helps people fill out CV's says to emphasise your transferable skills that would be relevant to an admin type role. Buzz words such as current legislation, competent user of IT, team work, communication skills, customer service, ability to prioritise & analyse information are all useful depending on what the job specifications are. xx

Ooh current legislation and analyse information are good ones susie!!
I wanted something new as i felt mine needed a revamp! These are really helpful, please tell OH thank you :)
I would say im very good at my job and all my peers come to me for advice and information, even those who are supposed to be more experienced than me, however, it is hard to get across on paper how good you would be for a company without them even meeting you!
Now i just need to find a job that interests me!!

It annoys me sometimes, my ex is crap and keeps getting fired from his job, normally lasts about a year, however, because of where he lives he tends to walk straight into another one! This is not because he is good at what he does but purely because of where he lives as the jobs market is much more buoyant!
Wish it was like that here!

Best of luck MM with your CV and your search for a new job - it's so true about where you live and the job market x

Best of luck MM with your CV and your search for a new job - it's so true about where you live and the job market x

I think i am lucky that i am only looking for a change and not because i totally hate my job or worse still havent got one!

End of day 72!

Had a lovely day off. Only problem with that is i now have to work saturday :(

Still i am off in about 3 weeks so at least i have something to look forward to :)

Good luck with your job search. Can't get over how long you've kept up TS!

Back