Miss Mac diary - A fresh start!

Oh wow !!!
The lower 13's :D
That's great Miss Mac :D
Less than a stone to your goal, this time eh ?
That is amazing :D
What a difference in the pics too :D

Incidentally, the Tesco ready made shakes are on offer just now, 4 for 3 ;)
Is there a difference between the ready made ones and the ones that you have to make up yourself ?
I am really considering trying them when I get to goal, to keep me on track. I like using a shake in my coffee, and days when I do, somehow, I eat less :)

Month 4

Week 15

Day 101

19 days to go!

Seems surreal to have got this far.

Was looking at options for eating yesterday and i really am not sure the best way to go.

I expect i will get an initial water weight gain of about 7lb which im not looking forward to.

At the moment i am looking at doing low carb, low fat, calorie counting, fast days with treats!!! Haha ;)
Its no wonder i got fat, its so confusing :(

I will keep working on it :)

Maybe keep 1 pack for 1 week with a low carb meal? Or low cal? Then bring in a few snacks or stop the other pack and go onto 2-3 meals per day. You will get water gain, my secret was not to weigh as I didn't need to see it. Ate for two weeks low cal till I weighed... I knew it'd mess with my mind and I wanted off the packs. :) you'll find what works for you, just like you have with 2 shakes. Xxx

Oh wow !!! The lower 13's :D That's great Miss Mac :D Less than a stone to your goal, this time eh ? That is amazing :D What a difference in the pics too :D Incidentally, the Tesco ready made shakes are on offer just now, 4 for 3 ;) Is there a difference between the ready made ones and the ones that you have to make up yourself ? I am really considering trying them when I get to goal, to keep me on track. I like using a shake in my coffee, and days when I do, somehow, I eat less :)

Yes i got the 4 for 3 shakes marge so that made them much cheaper than asda to so it was good all round.
To be honest i will stick to the tesco ones now for the rest of my time and for round 2 as i prefer them. They are almost exactly the same nutrition wise as the asda shakes too.
I am not sure how they compare to the powder make the shake yourself though as i couldnt do those again as the aftertaste and the texture made me feel sick!

Yes 13lb to go! :)
Dont know if i will quite make that as my original goal was to lose 4 stone but i moved it to 4 and a half when i had a good january loss. Since then things have levelled out so may have to revert back to the original.
Even so, i am still going to be working over the summer to hopefully lose small amounts so i will get there eventually :)

Maybe keep 1 pack for 1 week with a low carb meal? Or low cal? Then bring in a few snacks or stop the other pack and go onto 2-3 meals per day. You will get water gain, my secret was not to weigh as I didn't need to see it. Ate for two weeks low cal till I weighed... I knew it'd mess with my mind and I wanted off the packs. :) you'll find what works for you, just like you have with 2 shakes. Xxx

Did your water weight level out after 2 weeks of low cal eating carrie?

I think the first week i will start off with a low carb meal and at least try not to get carb gain + water gain.

If i am struggling to control it i think i will go back to ww as technically that is a calorie counted diet and it might make me more accountable.
I love the sw diet but it gives you no portion control and im not great at cooking from scratch all the time so i think thats a no no!

I am going to try for myself first though and fingers crossed i can be as controlled and disciplined as i have been for over 100 days!

The next part scares the life out of me though!!!

I weighed on sat 28th sept at 9st 12lbs and 2 weeks later I was 9.13lbs so any gain I had I'd got nearly the same amount of fat off as by then I was not in ketosis and was eating carbs daily :) in the past I've put on 4-5lbs in one day so I'd think it would've been around that if not more. Well never know though. I knew it'd mess with my head and I wanted to stick to my plan and give it a good go before I decided if it wasn't working. Scales are not our friends when we come off vlcds but measurements and clothes are. Xxx

Last edited:
I would be happy with that.
It really is all a bit trial and error to see what works and what doesnt for us when we come off this diet.
One of the biggest annoying things though are the people waiting for us to 'put it all back on'!!
Either because they are jealous or so they can say i told you so!!

I am determined this time to keep the weight off!
I have never been this successful before and know i wont be again as next time is always harder. And i dont want to be kicking myself because all i had to do was control my eating and i didnt.

Your right, there's always people that gloat in others failure, and if that's what makes them happy then they're not nice people and they're obviously not happy within themselves. You'll find your own way, as I have mine. Your been doing it your way for 101 days! Look how successful you've been. :) xxx

House has been tidied, cleaned, scrubbed and bleached :)
Thats my spring clean done and it also counts as a work out....right ;)

Just ironing to do :)

Waiting for my son to be collected by his dad as he is going to his for a week.
Been having food thoughts all night!
I have been like this before both when he is leaving and when he returns.
I guess i am an emotional eater too then!!

Its funny but i have heard people say they are emotional eaters but i never really understood what they meant. I think i now know!!

End of day 101!

Sometimes i cant wait for the days left to be up and other times i wish i had longer to stay on the diet to get more weight off!!
I think i would like to be at the end of my 19 days left so at least then i have a choice :)

Son has now gone with his dad and i feel lost without him.
Its only a week though so not long till i get him back :)

Month 4

Week 15

Day 102

18 days to go.

House is quiet today without my son and got all the housework done yesterday. All i need to do is change sons bedding and thats me able to chill.

I am off work on monday too so i get a long weekend :)

Pamper time miss mac :D

Day 102 with less then 20 days to go - so well done MM - I agree with Marge - enjoy your pampering you deserve it

End of day 102.

Food thoughts keep creeping in.
I think its because the end is in sight so its one of those things where you think well im coming off then anyway so i may as well come off now!!

Not gonna happen though, i have 18 days to do and i WILL do them :)

You are quite right. See it through to the end now !
18days is nearly 3 weeks. If you're not in the 12's by then, you will be incredibly close !!!
Lucky lady ;)

Month 4

Week 15

Day 103

17 days to go.

Felt a bit hungry when i woke up but a coffee will soon sort that out.

Catch up with my sisters today maybe then not much else. A nice relaxing day :)

Back