Miss Mac diary - A fresh start!

Hi guys, hope you don't mind me posting, just wondering how everyone gets on with this diet? I'm currently doing Cambridge but at £44 a wk finding it rather pricey. Lost over a stone in 5 wks but seen an offer on group on today for exante and it's making me want to try it... X

Ok, so phase 3 was going to start on 1st september, well ive changed my mind!!!

Dont panic though, im not wimping out, im starting it early :D

So im starting on wednesday 27th august :)

2 reasons:
1 I started phase 1 on 1st jan which was a wednesday and that worked out well for me (i also read somewhere that dieters who start on a monday are more likely to fail!)

2 just like in january, my son is at his dads so this will give me 5 days to get ts under my belt before i need to cook and be around food again.

I found that by starting on wednesday, I am in a similar situation to what i was back in january and i am hoping that i can emulate the same success this time round by keeping things similar!!!

So 4 more eating days to go!

Down side now and i have been really really bad!!
I think i have gone into last supper mode but for the last week!!
I am cramming everything in!
I had fish n chips on thursday, chinese yesterday and i meeting my sister for lunch on monday and my friend for tea on tuesday!

I will be in the 14's. I will regret it! But i will enjoy my last days of freedom ;)

Second bad part is, there is a leaving do with work on saturday 30th and i am probably going to have to go. If i started on the monday, i could drink and have a beer munchie sunday but i decided starting on wednesday is more important to me. So if i do go out, for the first time ever, i wont be drinking.
My friend did this once when he was on lighter life and i thought he was mad!! He also stuck to water all night. Well i wont be doing that, ill have diet coke but that will be fine with me.

So onwards and upwards until wednesday when it becomes downwards again :)

Sounds like good plannage miss mac! Looking forward to having you back on the E trail! I think yours was one of the first diaries I read on here and you inspired me to start! :)

Really bob! Thats a lovely thing to say.
I only hope phase 3 is just as inspiring and not a total disaster ;)

Im looking forward to it :)

Roll on phase 3 MM! You'll no doubt be well into it when I return from holiday on 12th September and I'll be inspired to follow your example!

I'm really excited about phase 3 for you miss mac!

Excellent plan Miss M, looking forward to having you back on it x

Thank you everyone, your support really means a lot and i know it is definitely a factor in succeeding on this diet so please stick with me :)

I have learned a lot in the 4 months ive been eating.

Most important lesson for me... Weigh every week whether i want to or not as weight creeps up so fast and facing facts is definitely better for me than being denial.

It doesnt take a lot of food to maintain your weight.

You can eat a lot for your calories if you plan.
You can waste loads of calories eating rubbish.

I still find it hard to lose weight when doing an eating diet.

Picking at things greatly increases your calories but feels like you havent had much.

My plan for phase 2 was to gain initial water weight then lose it again over the next 4 months taking me back to end of tfr weight. That didnt work. Looking at it, i did well for 2 months, even having an all inclusive holiday! After holiday i did great then it all went a bit wobbly after that.
I went down the road of losing one week and gaining the next. Gradually my weight crept up.

What i have learned here is, i have to stick at it.
Sounds simple eh.
This doesnt mean depriving myself. Afterall i ate what i wanted on holiday and only gained 4 lb and lost 3 of them in 3 days of being back. So this goes to show thats not the problem.

2 months into eating and bad habits crept back in. A special occassion is fine, 1 day off is fine, a holiday is fine. Whats not fine is prolonged bad choices.
My mistake was bad choices mixed with good choices so i fooled myself into thinking it was ok.

Good lessons have been learned too.

I am more confident about being able to maintain when eating.
I put a stone on but if we say half of that was water weight, bound to go back on, then reality is i have only gained half a stone in real weight.
This for me is an achievement!
I can never be complacent when is comes to food. My demons are never far away!

All in all i am happy with phase 2. Yes i could have done better but it is what it is.

I will now start phase 3 with a positive outlook and be motivated to go into uncharted territory!

Sorry for the ramble but i am trying to log my thought process for future reference :)

That's not a ramble at all - it's good to put your realisations in to words, it's always there for you to look back on xx

Wise words, I think!

Wise words indeed. Good luck for Phase 3 Miss Mac xx

Great reflective post there MM. Looking forward to reading your phase 3 accounts. I'm sure you will be successful x

2 days left to go!!

Going out today for lunch with my sister so looking forward to that :)

Cant wait to start TFR again though!
I am looking forward to stepping on the scales and watching them go down again!
Clothes are starting to feel tight again and i loved being able to just open my wardrobe and wear what i wanted. So not going down that road again.

Enjoy your last couple of days MM. Are you going to reduce carbs so that getting into ketosis is not so bad or are you one of the lucky ones that it doesn't effect too much x

Thank you everyone, your support really means a lot and i know it is definitely a factor in succeeding on this diet so please stick with me :)

I have learned a lot in the 4 months ive been eating.

Most important lesson for me... Weigh every week whether i want to or not as weight creeps up so fast and facing facts is definitely better for me than being denial.

It doesnt take a lot of food to maintain your weight.

You can eat a lot for your calories if you plan.
You can waste loads of calories eating rubbish.

I still find it hard to lose weight when doing an eating diet.

Picking at things greatly increases your calories but feels like you havent had much.

My plan for phase 2 was to gain initial water weight then lose it again over the next 4 months taking me back to end of tfr weight. That didnt work. Looking at it, i did well for 2 months, even having an all inclusive holiday! After holiday i did great then it all went a bit wobbly after that.
I went down the road of losing one week and gaining the next. Gradually my weight crept up.

What i have learned here is, i have to stick at it.
Sounds simple eh.
This doesnt mean depriving myself. Afterall i ate what i wanted on holiday and only gained 4 lb and lost 3 of them in 3 days of being back. So this goes to show thats not the problem.

2 months into eating and bad habits crept back in. A special occassion is fine, 1 day off is fine, a holiday is fine. Whats not fine is prolonged bad choices.
My mistake was bad choices mixed with good choices so i fooled myself into thinking it was ok.

Good lessons have been learned too.

I am more confident about being able to maintain when eating.
I put a stone on but if we say half of that was water weight, bound to go back on, then reality is i have only gained half a stone in real weight.
This for me is an achievement!
I can never be complacent when is comes to food. My demons are never far away!

All in all i am happy with phase 2. Yes i could have done better but it is what it is.

I will now start phase 3 with a positive outlook and be motivated to go into uncharted territory!

Sorry for the ramble but i am trying to log my thought process for future reference :)

Great post. Enjoy your couple of days til TFR but (and I know I don't need to tell you this) please don't get last supper syndrome

Good luck and let the games of phase 3 begin xx

Enjoy your last couple of days MM. Are you going to reduce carbs so that getting into ketosis is not so bad or are you one of the lucky ones that it doesn't effect too much x

No not reducing carbs susie. Im an all or nothing girl lol !
Hopefully i will get into ketosis quick and get over the worst of it easily!
....or that might be wishful thinking ;)

Great post. Enjoy your couple of days til TFR but (and I know I don't need to tell you this) please don't get last supper syndrome Good luck and let the games of phase 3 begin xx

Too late toots!! Had last supper syndrome for the last week!!

I know i will regret it when i weigh on wednesday but i am enjoying my last days of freedom so im just gonna have to take it on the chin!!
I know thats not the attitude but i am hoping its getting it out of my system ;)

Back