miss r's SS/SS+ diary.

Hello Miss-R! How are you? Was wondering where you've been. Hope you had a good holiday. It sounds like you may have needed the time off CD. Good luck with your restart tomorrow. Hope it goes well. x

Hello Miss-R! How are you? Was wondering where you've been. Hope you had a good holiday. It sounds like you may have needed the time off CD. Good luck with your restart tomorrow. Hope it goes well. x

Thanks tess, I hope its been going well for you.
Will catch up with yours and others diaries now. (didn't last night as too tired!) xx

This is day 1 of my restart.
I have awoken and weighed myself...according to my scales I am 15 stone 12.

I was actually quite pleased with that, I thought i'd be at least 16 stone.
My scales show i'm lighter than my CDC scales will though.
Oh well either way its not as bad as I thought it could be.
As I have been off CD and eaten some of my favourites, and they had a buffet on hol. I like buffets but they are not good for my weight.

Starting CD today and to get to my lowest weight on my scales since starting CD is another 5lbs I think, but I can do it.

Our holiday was in Norway, it was very nice but very expensive (or would have been if we'd have bought much - the exchange rate is not very good for UK visitors and also we didn't buy any souvenirs for that reason.)
We didn't eat out as such, we mainly ate in our hotel as that was included.
We ate snacks a couple of times from the (7-11 corner shop) and they were expensive for what they were.
It was a nice place though.
I would recommend it to anyone with lots of money! or just for a short trip. I would go back if I won the lottery.

Well I have had my second shake, a choc tetra with warm water mixed in. And i've nearly finished my 2 litre bottle of fizzy water, and will start another when I finish that. I am pacing it though, I don't want to drink too much in one go. I've been running to the toilet quite often.
I am feeling alright but I have been cold today, I expect I will feel even colder once i'm in ketosis.

I am sat wearing a thermal top, thermal leggings, jogging bottoms, neck warmer, hat, socks and slippers! Its only me here at the moment though.

I am thinking about my SS+ meal, I am not sure whether I am going to do SS or SS+ yet. I will see how I feel.
If I do have a meal (more than likely) I will have quorn.
It is day 1 and am on T.O.M. too so i'm not sure if that will make cambridge harder to do. Either way i'm determined.
Will be extra nice to myself and get hot water bottles if I need them, well microwave wheat bag, and I will have a warm bath later, as long as its not extra food!

Hi Miss-R, hope you're feeling slightly warmer now and that the rest of the evening went well for you.

Hope you sleep well. x

I'm now on day 2.
Last night I had my quorn meal like I thought I would, with cauliflower. With paprika, chilli flakes, worcester sauce, dried mixed herbs, black pepper. Very nice.
Later on I went to the shop and I bought an atkins bar, choc indulgence. I decided to have that instead of my last pack. I didn't realise it was too high in fat until I got home, so I decided to just eat half.
As it happened I didn't like it much and won't bother getting one again.
I expect I have set back my progress a little bit but now at least I know not to get one again.
I also bought a hot water bottle with cover, and some fingerless gloves to wear indoors.
I like to avoid putting the heating on if its just me in, unless i'm really cold so it will save money. Was a bit worried about the hot water bottle leaking as not really used one before but it was fine. I should have got one earlier.

Anyway today is day 2. of my restart. I've not had anything yet but I am about to drink some water and get a shake on the go.

Hiya hun

Have not had the pleasure of reading yourndiary until today!

Well done for the weight you have already lost and even more so for gritting your teeth and getting back on plan!!

Once you get your he's back into it you will be great!!

Keep goin chick, day 2 will soon be done and dusted!! Xxx

Hiya hun

Have not had the pleasure of reading yourndiary until today!

Well done for the weight you have already lost and even more so for gritting your teeth and getting back on plan!!

Once you get your he's back into it you will be great!!

Keep goin chick, day 2 will soon be done and dusted!! Xxx

Thanks Lauren!!
I have looked at your diary too, you are doing very well!!
I've only had a little look at it before till now, I have been meaning to properly read yours and all the other diaries, and reply to them.
I look forward to reading your updates.:) xx

its hard trying to keep up with everyone isnt it!!

mines not too exciting to be honest lol so dont worry about finding time ha!

speak soon chick, keep up the good work!! xxx

Day 3 of restart.
Yesterday started well but as the day went on I was feeling very fed up and I became very morose and then in the evening tearful probably due to being on CD and t.o.m

I have been stressed about our flat not being tidy (too much clutter mainly) for a few weeks, its been getting on top of me a bit, I feel a bit overwhelmed, but am ok, i'm getting it sorted gradually.
Then last night I was really upset. I felt really quiet and fed up for most of the day and then my boyfriend came in and asked me what was wrong and then I started crying and then couldn't stop. (bit ott for messy flat I think)

I think it is caused by doing cambridge, I remember feeling moody last time I did it. I thought if I go to bed i'l feel better tomorrow.

I went to bed and after lying in bed for probably 15 minutes I felt better.
I feel fine today, i'm not upset, although my eyes feel a bit sore from last nights crying/rubbing eyes.

Also last night I had a headache I think due to the stress, and a stomach ache due to T.O.M. so I ate a big raw mushroom so wasn't having a tablet on an empty stomach, and an ibuprofen. It helped.

I have checked a ketosis stick last night, nothing, but then checked again this morning and in ketosis. I've noticed my body goes into it overnight. I suppose its because I don't eat at night.

So I haven't had anything yet but will get something in a bit.

I have weighed myself this morning, and the weight is coming off slowly. I've got my proper weigh in on Tuesday, so i've got 3 days to lose some more. I want to weigh less than last time the CDC saw me.

My boyfriend wants to set a date for our wedding and I am not sure when we should get married.

We want it to be early next year probably some time between January 1st and the end of March.
Hopefully it would be cheaper then too.
We want to get married, and then move house in the spring/early summer.

Its to do with my weight loss, its hard to know when i'l be a size i'm happy with to walk down the aisle. And what size that might be.

Also the thought of everyone looking at me I don't like that, I am self conscious, although it seems to be lessening slightly since losing some weight, and having to speak in front of lots of people.
I am torn as what to do.
Also we want to have our wedding on a limited budget. Its so difficult knowing what to do.

Options

• Get married in Gretna Green just us 2 - cheap
  • Get married abroad, just us 2 - expensive
  • Have a family wedding - possibly expensive, and stressful making sure everyone fed and happy, scary being watched, but might be nice.
Also I have no one to walk me down the aisle (my father passed away 4 years ago) so the thought of having a family wedding i'm not sure of.

My boyfriend is leaving it to me to decide, I need to decide what to do!!

Hi Miss-R, how are you, Hon? Just read through your last few posts. Sorry you were upset, and I hope you're ok now. Sending hugs. I think that feelings that you had, in my opinion, are because we put so much emotion into eating, and when that's taken away we have to find another way to dealing with our emotions. I think sometimes it's good to have a good cry and let it out. Goodness knows I've done enough of that this week. Chin up, Girlie, we're all here for you.
As for the wedding - what an exciting time. I didn't have any family at my wedding -not through choice, but my hubby and I had just moved to the UK, so everyone was in S.Africa still. I would like to eventually have a renewal of vows on our 10-year anniversary and have our family there.
What type of wedding you have really depends on how you feel, Hon. Do you have a brother that could walk you down the isle? I've seen before where the mom has walked the bride down the isle too. Sorry, that's not really much help is it. :eek:
Whatever you decide will be the right decision - you'll see.
Take care, Hon and will catch up soon.

Hi Miss-R, how are you, Hon? Just read through your last few posts. Sorry you were upset, and I hope you're ok now. Sending hugs. I think that feelings that you had, in my opinion, are because we put so much emotion into eating, and when that's taken away we have to find another way to dealing with our emotions. I think sometimes it's good to have a good cry and let it out. Goodness knows I've done enough of that this week. Chin up, Girlie, we're all here for you.
As for the wedding - what an exciting time. I didn't have any family at my wedding -not through choice, but my hubby and I had just moved to the UK, so everyone was in S.Africa still. I would like to eventually have a renewal of vows on our 10-year anniversary and have our family there.
What type of wedding you have really depends on how you feel, Hon. Do you have a brother that could walk you down the isle? I've seen before where the mom has walked the bride down the isle too. Sorry, that's not really much help is it. :eek:
Whatever you decide will be the right decision - you'll see.
Take care, Hon and will catch up soon.

Hi tess,
Thanks for your message, I appreciated that.
I agree about the eating/emotions thing.
I am feeling much better today thankyou.
As for the info about weddings I appreciate your ideas too. Thats something to think about, or I might just walk myself up the aisle, or it might not have an aisle!
I hope you are alright, going to have a look at your diary now xx

Yesterday I went for sunday dinner with my in-laws (to be!),
I had a small amount of roast beef, cauliflower, broccoli and gravy.
It was nice but I didn't drink enough water yesterday and later on I was hungry, and I had some brown bread and balsamic vinegar.

...and then today I had my first shake, and later on I went out on my bike to the park, and I pressed the traffic lights button to cross the road (walking along pushing my bike) and a car with some males in that had stopped at the red lights shouted out fat bi*** and they said it at least twice and maybe something else that I could not make out.
I was the only person around walking, so I am certain they were shouting at me. There were other cars at the crossing though.
I carried on as if nothing had happened and felt quite sad and started crying in the park.
With hindsight I should have looked and seen who it was but I didn't. Not that I would have known them as I hardly know anyone here.
I was only minding my own business so I don't know why this happened.

It is not the first time this has happened. I have had men/males shout out at me from vehicles at least 3 times in 8 years since I started gaining weight, calling me fat.
I was not dressed to get attention, just jeans and a jacket.
I find it very sad.
I hope that the people who shouted think about their behaviour and are sorry but I doubt they will. I don't think they would like it if it happened to their sister or mother? Shouting from a car at a lone female (or lone anyone) is shameful and cowardly.
I am ranting now because I am cross.

Anyway I got back and told my mother in law, I wasn't going to tell her as I felt almost ashamed, but then I thought I have done nothing wrong, what have I got to feel bad about.
I might be overweight but it doesn't give people the right to verbally abuse me in the street.
If that happens again I will take their numberplate and go to the police.

Anyway I got back and I had my tea but I ate extra, had my little meal but then I ate a tin of tuna (in spring water) as was still upset about before.

Today is weigh in day later!

I feel better today than yesterday, I am very glad I shared on here, I got lots of nice replies (in general weight loss forum) which made me feel alot better and I also told my mother in law and boyfriend who were very supportive too.

I wasn't going to tell anyone at first as I felt sort of ashamed like it was my fault or something, but then I realised that is wrong!

If this or something similar happens to anyone else don't feel bad as its not your fault.
Don't keep it to yourself where if you are like me, it upsets me more.

Its like when I was at school I was picked on and bullied and I told no one as I was ashamed and embarrassed and I ignored them and they carried on.
I try not to have regrets but looking back I wish I had stood up to them.
I felt ashamed then, just in the same way as this, but looking back there was nothing wrong with me, I was nice! It has taken me years to see this clearly.
I was an easy target for them, they were cowardly ganging up on me, I should have confronted them, told people and shamed them into stopping but I didn't. I carried on as if they weren't there. It was verbal never physical but it wasn't nice. I am sure my bullying affected me for years, and probably hasn't helped my weight, but I am trying to revisit painful times, look at it differently and put it behind me.
I am nearly 28 and won't let things that happened over 10 years ago affect me anymore!
If something like that happens again I will deal with it differently.

I feel better for sharing that now. I hope my post helps someone as i'm sure i'm not the only one who has been bullied.

Anyway, I look forward to my weigh in!!!

Weigh in day!!
I have been weighed and I am 15 stone 10 according to my CDC scales.

I was 15st 9lbs last time she weighed me but I have been on hol since then and gained weight and lost it again so I don't feel too bad.
So i'm nearly the same as before as I went away so thats ok.
I have had a few little blips so its to be expected. And I haven't drank enough water over the last couple of days. By next week I hoped to be 15 stone 0. I don't think i'l lose 10 lbs in a week but I'll try and lose as near 5 lbs as I can.

Hi Miss-R, how are you? Just been catching up on your diary as I haven't been around on the boards much due to work.
I would've beaten those horrible boys up for you, Hon! :mad: There are some horrible cruel people around. I have had a similar experience and it hurts like hell. I was walking in underground in London and these two guys said very loudly behind me "kill the fat ginger!". I also ignored them and just walked off faster, but as soon as I turned the corner I burst into tears. At least you've risen above it. Ignore them, Hon. You are worth so much more than that.
Anyway, enough of me rambling on.:eek:
Hope you're ok and that your restart goes well. Chat soon. x

Back