miss r's SS/SS+ diary.

Hi Miss-R, how are you today? Hope you're having a better day than yesterday. I don't think it will affect your weightloss to be honest. You are doing so well. I'm off CD for a week due to my stupid stomach. :mad: I have inflammation of the stomach and my CDC advised to come off it for a week till my stomach is 100%. I'm at a loss now as it's going to be tough this week. I can't actually eat anything at the moment without being in agony, but I've got some Tetras still - just in case.
Anyway, hope to hear from you soon. :)

Hi Miss-R, how are you today? Hope you're having a better day than yesterday. I don't think it will affect your weightloss to be honest. You are doing so well. I'm off CD for a week due to my stupid stomach. :mad: I have inflammation of the stomach and my CDC advised to come off it for a week till my stomach is 100%. I'm at a loss now as it's going to be tough this week. I can't actually eat anything at the moment without being in agony, but I've got some Tetras still - just in case.
Anyway, hope to hear from you soon. :)

Hi Tess
I wondered how you were getting on.
Sorry to hear about your stomach problem, it must be frustrating for you.
Hope its not as painful by now.
Hopefully it won't be too long before you can restart CD, but I wouldn't worry about that for now, just concentrate on getting better. I hope you feel better soon xxxx

Day 39
I am starting to think about what diet I want to do when I finish cambridge. I can not see me doing this until my target weight.
(which is still nearly 6 stone away - although I break it into chunks and my next mini target is 15 stone 10 - nearly there!)
I want to reintroduce a wider range of foods without gaining weight.
Am thinking of Dukan, Atkins or Low Carb. Its tricky to know what to do.
I am doing SS+ at the moment.

Anyway soon I will start the day with a bar or tetra not sure yet.

Day 40

I had tetras today, and my SS+ meal was haddock steamed in a microwave steam bag with dried mixed herbs, chilli flakes and black pepper. I microwaved a flat mushroom with dried mixed herbs separately and put it all on to a plate and ate it. It was very nice. It just shows you don't need fat salt etc, to have a delicious meal.

I really think this diet will change my eating habits in the long term.
I used to use olive oil and butter and never used herbs and spices before. To me herbs and spices really make a meal nice and I will try not to use butter etc much in the future.

I have been doing a bit of research and I am going to start the dukan diet in a couple of weeks but I am still doing cambridge until then.
I am feeling positive about it but if it doesn't go well though I will come back to cambridge.

Day 41
Well I got weighed today - 4 lbs off this week!!:)
It makes up for last weeks 1 pound loss.

I have been thinking, I will delay changing the diet for as long as possible, I will only do dukan if I really get fed up of cambridge, and if I do get fed up i'l go to 810 first

Anyway as for today i've had a tetra, a bar, and for my SS+ meal, i've just had quorn mince with spices with cabbage. Also had a bit of lettuce on the plate. It was a bit dry but then I did cook it in a steam bag and didn't add any water! Should have added some water after but didn't.
I won't use a steam bag next time.

I've had a sort through some clothes today, I tried on my jacket that I got in the summer, I've only worn it about twice, and I tried it on today and now it is too big!!
Very pleased.

Day 42 yesterday
I started the day with a peanut bar, then popped out and ended up going shopping. I didn't have any cambridge stuff with me and I was hungry so I bought some prepack lean slices of beef from M&S. And when I got back I had one small fish fillet with dried mixed herbs. It equalled about 190 calories altogether for the beef and the fish but it didn't include any veg. Then later on I had my remaining shakes.

Day 43
I've had a choc tetra, and am planning to have my next shake (or a bar) at 1-2pm
Been getting nice comments from people, they have noticed my weight loss, I don't really know what to say back when they say I look better.

Later on I will have a SS+ meal. Not sure what to have yet though.

Just had quorn mince, with chopped up mushroom, little bit of chopped cabbage, herbs and spices (paprika, chilli flakes, black pepper, dried mixed herbs, worcester sauce) all cooked up in microwave very yummy and spicy
I would never have cooked quorn on a regular basis before, but since starting this diet I am a quorn convert.
anyone that reads this, If you are on SS+ and you haven't tried quorn before, think about trying it, it is nice! (as long as you flavour it up)

Day 44
I had a bar for breakfast, then later I had a shake, then I had my SS+ meal which was fish (coley) with cabbage and mushrooms all cooked up in a steam bag with dried mixed herbs, chilli flakes and black pepper. Then for my third pack I have just had another bar. Naughty but wanted something for a friday night treat.

:DHi Miss-R, thought I'd just pop by and see how you were doing. You are doing really well with your weightloss!
I've restarted CD again yesterday after having just over a week off, and I feel much more positive now. I think I really needed that time.
Hope you have a really good day today.
chat soon. :)

:DHi Miss-R, thought I'd just pop by and see how you were doing. You are doing really well with your weightloss!
I've restarted CD again yesterday after having just over a week off, and I feel much more positive now. I think I really needed that time.
Hope you have a really good day today.
chat soon. :)

Thanks tess! I wondered how you were. I am glad you are feeling better. Good luck with your restart!! You can do it!! :)

:)Hi Miss-R, thanks very much. So far it's gone ok and I have my first restart weigh in tomorrow morning, following my nightshift. Must admit that I'm quite nervous as I haven't had the courage to weigh myself to see if I've put on weight through my couple of weeks off. Fingers crossed though. I think I definitely needed this time off, as I'm more focussed and determined than ever to do well now.
I've just read your post regarding the quorn. I've not tried quorn mince before. Can you give me some tips on how to make it, please? I'm not a very good cook, unfortunately. :eek:
Right, better get on with some work. I have all my CD packs in front of me, ready for the shift ahead. Have a good evening.

:)Hi Miss-R, thanks very much. So far it's gone ok and I have my first restart weigh in tomorrow morning, following my nightshift. Must admit that I'm quite nervous as I haven't had the courage to weigh myself to see if I've put on weight through my couple of weeks off. Fingers crossed though. I think I definitely needed this time off, as I'm more focussed and determined than ever to do well now.
I've just read your post regarding the quorn. I've not tried quorn mince before. Can you give me some tips on how to make it, please? I'm not a very good cook, unfortunately. :eek:
Right, better get on with some work. I have all my CD packs in front of me, ready for the shift ahead. Have a good evening.

Hi Tess
Hope you had a good nightshift, sounds like the week off CD has done you good, I hope your restart is going well.
As for the quorn, I weigh out 200g mince, put in a bowl, add maybe 2 tablespoons water, all the spices I want, add any veg I want, mix up (unless frozen quorn in which case I mix after 3 mins) a put a plate over it or cling film and microwave for 3 mins approximately. Take out, stir, add any veg that only needs tiny bit of cooking, put cling film/lid back on and microwave for 3 mins more, if it seems a bit dry then I add more water and microwave for another min. Then I make sure it is hot and eat!!
Think some people might cook it in another way but I am lazy!!

Well I have fallen off the wagon.
Friday Night I had a ready meal curry, bread and butter.
Saturday I was back on CD but on sunday we went to the Cinema and I had cheese nachos and a few munchies. Haven't been to the cinema for a year. So enjoyed them but don't think they will help my weightloss
I am back on CD now. Get weighed on thursday so I better do well for then.

As for the quorn, I weigh out 200g mince, put in a bowl, add maybe 2 tablespoons water, all the spices I want, add any veg I want, mix up (unless frozen quorn in which case I mix after 3 mins) a put a plate over it or cling film and microwave for 3 mins approximately. Take out, stir, add any veg that only needs tiny bit of cooking, put cling film/lid back on and microwave for 3 mins more, if it seems a bit dry then I add more water and microwave for another min. Then I make sure it is hot and eat!!
Think some people might cook it in another way but I am lazy!!

Hi Miss-R, thanks for that. Yes, so far it's going well. Went to weigh in this morning and I've put on 4lbs over the last couple of weeks!:eek: However, I feel more focussed now and ready to give this a real shot. I will definitely give the quorn mince a shot. I actually have a frozen pack in my freezer. I am allergic to mushrooms, so will have to see what else I can use with it. Mmmm, wish I could have it tonight! I have my tetras, bar and I've just had a golden veg drink. So far so good.
Don't beat yourself up about falling off the wagon. Just look at what you've achieved so far. Even if you don't have a great weight loss this week, you'll know why and you'll be ready to tackle the next week.
Have a great evening. x

Hi Miss-R, thanks for that. Yes, so far it's going well. Went to weigh in this morning and I've put on 4lbs over the last couple of weeks!:eek: However, I feel more focussed now and ready to give this a real shot. I will definitely give the quorn mince a shot. I actually have a frozen pack in my freezer. I am allergic to mushrooms, so will have to see what else I can use with it. Mmmm, wish I could have it tonight! I have my tetras, bar and I've just had a golden veg drink. So far so good.
Don't beat yourself up about falling off the wagon. Just look at what you've achieved so far. Even if you don't have a great weight loss this week, you'll know why and you'll be ready to tackle the next week.
Have a great evening. x

Thanks tess for your nice message...
um if you are allergic to mushrooms will you be allowed quorn??? :eek:
I think somehow quorn is related to mushrooms???
Maybe i'm wrong but better mention it just in case!!:)

Well today I have fallen off the wagon, I have had bread, lasagne and soda bread. I have decided to start the Dukan Diet tomorrow.
My heart isn't really in the cambridge diet anymore so I will see how I get on with Dukan. Got the book last week as I knew I would get fed up of CD at some point. CD is great, i've lost 2 stone on it, but I think I need a change at least for a little while. If it doesn't go well i'l be back.

Thanks to everyone who's helped me or just chatted on the CD forum, i'l still be coming on minimins but more likely to be on the Dukan Board for now. bye bye and good luck with CD xx

:cry:Hi Miss-R, will miss you on here, but I wish you all the best of luck on the Dukan Diet. I have heard of it, but I could you briefly tell me what it's about, if you don't mind?
Drop us a line every now and then, and let us know how you're getting on, please.
Take care.
Tess :wave_cry:

:cry:Hi Miss-R, will miss you on here, but I wish you all the best of luck on the Dukan Diet. I have heard of it, but I could you briefly tell me what it's about, if you don't mind?
Drop us a line every now and then, and let us know how you're getting on, please.
Take care.
Tess :wave_cry:

Hi Tess
Thanks for your message, I have come back to cambridge, (that was quick!)
I have decided to make a go of cambridge, Dukan will wait.

I'm worried if I start eating even low carb/low fat, I might get carried away with portion sizes, extra choices, my weight will go up and I don't want that.

Also I am quite lazy when it comes to cooking and dukan seems to be a lot of it!! Basically it is Low Carb/Low fat with a bit of oatmeal everyday for fibre. You are allowed lowest fat dairy, It is a french diet.
I will go onto it at some point but not yet.

I have eaten normal food everyday since saturday, I haven't been as bad as what I could have but even so its a shame.
But tomorrow I will restart. I am not going to get any bars at my next weigh in either.
Hope your nightshifts are going well xx

Hi Miss-R! That's great news, and I think you've made the right decision. My dad mentioned the Dukan Diet to me to, and he's told me that he's going to buy the book. I am sure I can have a sneaky peek at it when he receives it. :p

Good luck on your restart tomorrow. I'm at the start of day 3 of my official restart. Not going too badly at the mo, and I'm still not hungry as such.
Catch up with you soon. :D

back after hol - starting again tomorrow

I'm back!
I have been off CD for over a week.
I have been on holiday, we got back today, and before the hol I had 2 or 3 non cd days.

I am restarting tomorrow. I don't know what weight i've gained as I will weigh myself tomorrow morning.
I know I have gained something but just don't know how much.
I have enjoyed my food, so i'l see.

I have my supplies ready, i've had my last meal, and i'm ready for tomorrow.
The time off has been good but I am ready to restart cambridge now.
By next thursday when I see my CDC I want to weigh less than when I got weighed last time. (before the hol)
So I have 7 full days to lose the weight.
Hope everyone is getting on well, going to look at some other cambridge diaries now.

Back