miss r's SS/SS+ diary.

Hiya miss r

Just read your diary so far, reminds me of how i felt when i first did CD last year. Just want to wish you good luck with your journey and i'm looking forward to reading more. I'm on day 3 of my restart, its nice to read about other people in the same boat.

Hi sass thankyou, and good luck to you too!!
I agree about reading other peoples diaries on here. Just hope mine isnt too boring!!:eek:

Felt a bit grumpy tonight as was hungry, but had a butterscotch milkshake for my third meal with ice and it was nice. Maybe put too much water in but I still liked it. Felt much better when i'd had that.
I really find having ice with the shakes helps.
My boyfriend took his food other to his mothers house and that helped as I didn't have to smell it or watch him eat.
Had inertia all day got hardly any housework done etc but tonight i've made up for it.
Heard we've been invited for sunday dinner, but I won't go. Why make it hard when I can make it easy (well easier) as I will only want to join in.

I'm good thanks. One more post and you can join the 100% SS Club. :D

It's good to hear that you are doing well, despite a few temptations. I think it's wise skipping the invite. Hopefully they will understand that it's best for you, for now.

I'm good thanks. One more post and you can join the 100% SS Club. :D

It's good to hear that you are doing well, despite a few temptations. I think it's wise skipping the invite. Hopefully they will understand that it's best for you, for now.

Thanks FBS, yes they won't mind. well thats post 50!!

Day 3.
Woke happier after last nights cravings and wanting to change to SS+.
I will stick to SS at least until my first weeks weigh in and see how I feel then.
Anyway I had my apple and cinnamon porridge for brekkie which was nice.
Will have to delay next meal abit as had breakfast early. Will try not to have next meal before 4pm.

Going to go to the supermarket on my bike in a while, will just have a gentle ride there and back though as I suppose strenuous exercise on SS is not a good idea. (Not that it is far anyway)

I will have to avoid the food aisles. I want some bottled water and some non food items.

Last night my bf said he was surprised i'd stuck to it so far, but that he was really pleased and i've done really really well.
So thats nice. He must have thought I have less willpower than I have so its nice to prove his expectations wrong.

Hi miss r

Well done on the willpower, its quiet liberating when you prove to yourself and others around you just how strong you can be when you are focused and have your mind set on something.

Well Done so far.

What day is your first WI?

Well i've been to the shop, I went on my bike, and when I was pushing my bike along after uphill some bloke shouted to me 'se*y' out of their white van which I didn't really need at that point.
They were clearly messing about as I was hot probably red and sweating and did not feel v attractive. Oh well suppose they could have said something worse but still there is no need. Just glad I was alone.
Why must people shout things, doubt they would say anything if they were alone walking past.
Anyway i'm glad I went, nice bit of exercise/fresh air so I won't let that ruin it.
I managed to resist the food in the shop but did get a small bottle of coke zero and had a few sips, bit disappointed though not as nice as i'd hoped. Still its better than nothing so its gone in the fridge.
Wonder if it would mix well with a vanilla shake, almost like a coke float?? well not frozen. Think it would either be great or horrible not sure which

Will have my next meal soon.

mmmm coke float. Now that takes me back!!!! If you do ever try it, let me know how it tastes :D. Well done on your first few days. xx

People can be so rude sometimes, good for you though not letting it ruin your nice trip to the supermarket.

My WI is on Tuesday too. This is the first time doing this diet that i have stayed away from the scales. The suspense is killing me though and i'm wishing the days away. lol

People can be so rude sometimes, good for you though not letting it ruin your nice trip to the supermarket.

My WI is on Tuesday too. This is the first time doing this diet that i have stayed away from the scales. The suspense is killing me though and i'm wishing the days away. lol

I feel exactly the same, really want to weigh myself!!

Just made my leek and potato soup and was a bit disappointed.
I don't think the water was hot enough (I was worried about water being too hot and ruining the nutrients) and tasted it and it was not hot, then I added some hotter water to warm it up more and think I added too much so it was still not warm enough and too runny. Could I have microwaved it for 30 seconds?? When making the soups and porridge when it comes to the water how hot is too hot??
I added some black pepper though and that helped. Will give it another try another day. I look forward to my evening meal. Think I might have a shake then

Had a walnut shake for my third meal tonight. It was nice.
Less cravings tonight so thats good. Though I was still thinking of food but it bothered me less. Tried to drink lots of water. Stayed 100% for 3 full days so i'm pleased.
Day 4 tomorrow!!

Day 4
Well i've got up, I don't feel hungry.
Seems like the cravings are going, so I hope that lasts!
I will have my first meal at Midday. I'm trying to have my first meal at 12, second at approx 4pm, third at about 8pm. It works for me so far.
I would have my first one earlier but as I don't work at the moment, I don't get up so early, and tend to get hungry about lunchtime.

I've realised I haven't got any ice left and forgot to make some more so I might try some porridge or maybe a shake warm.
How warm is too warm though??
I'm unsure as don't want to ruin the nutrients but don't want it to be lukewarm nearly cold like my lunch of leek and potato soup was yesterday.

Thanks FBS!
Wish I had read that before I made my lunch.
I just made Chocolate Orange drink (made it hot well tried to) It was warm but it was far too thick so I put some cold in then it was too cold!! Maybe I should have added some more hot but thought it would have been too runny.
I can cook lots of different things usually but I am struggling to make hot meals on CD! I am not doing too well at having meals warm!
Next time I will make sure its hot!!

Also my new blender spare part has arrived today, so I can start using my stick blender later, but wonder can you crush small chunks of ice (space invader ice cubes) using a stick blender? (braun multiquick 600w metal blender shaft) Don't want to break it again!

I use one of these for my shakes, as it does ice as well:

Kenwood Smoothie 2GO SB055 (Silver): Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

It's made things so much easier.

I actually have the same one!!
But it lives in the cupboard mainly as everytime I use it, it smells like burning plastic, even though I only use it for a few seconds at a time.
I don't know if i'm doing something wrong! I have used it a fair few times, don't know if its just a new item smell (it should be wearing off by now? - used it at least 10 times) or if something wrong with motor.

Well for tea Day 4 I have had strawberry Shake using my new blender stick (well the blender is old but got a new spare part as old part been broke for ages) It was nice but I probably put too much water in and diluted the flavour.
And I was pleased the ice cubes freezed so quick!! I didn't think they would be ready yet. So bunged in some of them.
The blender stick coped with crushing it up, it actually did it too well as I like a few little pieces of ice, so i'm pleased it works. Not hungry now. Will try my new tea bags in a bit.

Back