Miss slinky

mrs big b

Gold Member
Our group is running this next week . Who's putting themselves forward for it ?
I'd like to although I know I have no chance . Went out today tried on loads of dresses had fun but came home empty handed can't quite get my head around how different I look nowadays . Someone at my group said last night I should wear something more fitted show off my new shape but I'm more comfortable in a long top that covers all lol . Well I might just go back out again Friday and buy something. It's only a bit of fun after all :)

Hi I live in jeans and cover all tops and because I'm on the short side I never feel comfortable in a dress but maybe oneday when I lose all this weight I would like to wear something more fitted myself, slinky I don't know it would probably show all my lumps and bumps which at the moment are many. I'm doing something about my weight but maybe I need to be stretched as well lol.

I thought Miss Slinky was done by nominations (you could vote for yourself of course!).

I know where you are coming from with the new shape, sadly mine is nowhere near where I want it to be yet.

Your losses are fantastic by the way!

I'm more confused after googling, are we voting for miss slinky 2012? As someone's already the winner of 2011? Confused.blonde! Lol x

I think it's because the finals are the next year....thats why there's already a 2011....but you're voting for this year...or next year...whatever lol.

You get nominated- like WOTY, apparently. So you don't have to nominate yourself....or we don't in ours anyway.

And ANYONE can win it- if you have grown in confidence and *feel* better because of the weight you've lost then you are in the running. It's not all about size.

So- do you feel more confident? Do you feel better for losing the weight that you have? If so- why don't you have a chance?

All our c said was to wear a dress they'll take a photo & said it off . No mention of nominations ??? Oh well I may just do it . I do feel sooo much better and I suppose more confident actually a lot more :) I'm gonna treat myself to a dress . You never know hubby might like me in it and offer to take me out wearing it as well ;) I think my main issue is my stomach . I have skin just hanging there no matter what size I get think it will always be there . Its housed my 6 sons though so I will learn to love it because it's given me the most precious thing in my life's . And I've had big babies lol ranging from 8Lb 3 to 10.10!!!! So it has had to stretch lol

Oh and meant to say hope some of you get through you've all done amazingly well :D

We nominated who would like to win it this week and then next week we will have a vote on the names which were nominated (hope that makes sense)
i was one of those which were picked :)

If your stomach is the bit you dont like, wear big knickers under the dress - they will flatten you out!! Everyone should own them theyre AMAZING!!!!

I got nominated. One of 3 in my group although im not slinky at all.
Have to fill out a questionnaire and then next week we will vote.
Not sure I like the having to have a vote and their being winners and losers.

Although I suppose I am a winner BECAUSE Im a loser hehehe.

we are voting in our class next week, but nobody was nominated, so our C said she is going to choose who is up for it......!!?!?!?

Off out to buy a dress for Tuesday :)

I've been nominated for this but kinda confused as my C said I had to take before and after photos to group next week, but didn't mention anything about wearing a dress or having photos took at group. Do u think I should wear a dress or not?!

I am confused too......my consultant says I've been nominated, and when I asked what I needed to do, she texted ' wear a little black dress if you like' and when I asked if anyone else was, because I'd feel an idiot if I was the only one, she said she wasn't sure, but wear what I like......what normally happens at other groups?

Keep it simple- why not take a dress with you, and get changed if others are wearing one? Surely you've got a loo there?

That's what i'd do anyway

That's a good idea.....but have thought about it, and have realised with my sad little life, I probably won't get chance to wear a dress for the rest of this year, so have decided to go for it!
Life's too short.... ;)

I don't even own a dress that fits....and I can't afford to get a new one, so i guess i'm S.O.L

I just hope I don't get nominated, doubt I will anyways, more ladies moe deserving than me *shrugs*

I am now confused, I have been nominated for miss Slinky, My C text me on Tuesday but she didnt say I needed to do anything? I thought it was just a fun in group thing i didnt know there were nationals or owt!!!

Back