Mission Possible

Thanks ladies! A hideous gain of 1.8lb but I'm not too upset by it really. It's TOTM for me which never helps, but as well as that, I keep reminding myself that this time last year I was over 2 stone heavier and miserable. It doesn't matter if I never lose another pound, I'm healthy now and a size 10 for God's sake!! Losing any more weight is a bonus and that's how I have to view it. I'll just keep plodding along with calorie counting and I know that some weeks I'll lose, others I'll gain.

Wow, I really need to look back at this post on days where I'm not feeling so optimistic!!

Well there's nothing like a spot of bikini shopping to strike down my optimism and make me feel like a big chunky lump. Gutted isn't the word. Today is my birthday and my hubby said he would buy me a nice new bikini as we have 2 holidays planned.

Well it was a disaster. The changing room lighting was not my friend, and neither were the bikinis. What I can't understand is that I'm a size 10 or Small and have been for months but yet I was trying on bikinis up to a Size 14 and they were all hideous?! I got so fed up (and we had our active toddler with us) so I ended up leaving. Today will be my last day of eating normally (not calorie counting) and then I'm firmly back on the wagon from tomorrow morning. Ugh.

aw:( dont be disheartened you must look so much better. bikinis r horrible. x

It doesn't matter if I never lose another pound, I'm healthy now and a size 10 for God's sake!! Losing any more weight is a bonus and that's how I have to view it. I'll just keep plodding along with calorie counting and I know that some weeks I'll lose, others I'll gain.

Definitely keep this in mind! I'm in the same boat as you, a year ago I was almost 3 stone heavier, but I still mentally think that I'm 'fat' even though everyone says that I'm not. Sometimes we need to step back and think how far we've come.

And I 100% sympathise on the bikini situation. I tried on some gorgeous dresses that were size 10 or 12, and they just looked terrible. Flabby in all the wrong places! Have you considered (or you might already be doing) getting in some more weight based exercises? Kettlebells are great and there's loads of 10 min videos which help to tone up your entire body. The 30 day shred is great for this, which I've just started as I'm focusing too much on cardio and my shape is getting a bit 'loose' shall we say :p

Good luck though Squishy and by the time you go on holiday you'll be looking fantastic :D x

Back