Missyb - no more messing around.

opps about the chair, but if your gonna break something, do it in style! Well done on the walking. I have a ped that connects to my ds, but it falls off all the time and i think i've broken it, Whoops! Well done on your weight loss, doing fab hun!

Poor Missy! Everyone laughing at her chair incident..........ahem, me included!

Hmmmm - pedometer, I should so get one of them but I tried one once and it said I did 37 steps when all I'd done is bend down to get the biscuits out of the cupboard........

Poor Missy! Everyone laughing at her chair incident..........ahem, me included!

Hmmmm - pedometer, I should so get one of them but I tried one once and it said I did 37 steps when all I'd done is bend down to get the biscuits out of the cupboard........

Hahaha! That had to be you Hannah

Anyway hope your not to badly bruised Becca, and well done you on walking that far

Hi becca i finally got here!
Just read through your diary & wanted to congratulate you for doing fantastically well so far with nearly 2 stone gone thats amazing.:D

Dont know how much cooking you do at home but like nikki said if you par boil your potatoes & fry lite them they are nearly as good as real roasties.
I also do roast swede like this its lush!

Oopsie re the chair but at least you didnt get stuck in it,now that would have been bad!

Im around for another week or so then off on my hols for 2 weeks (as if anyone whos read my diary doesnt know already:rolleyes:)!

So keep up the good work & you never know by the time i get back it may be 3 stone gone! xxxx

Thanks everyone, especially those laughing at my chair incident ;) You've gotta laugh really, and it was very funny.

Charly I hope you have an awesome time on your hollibobs, I doubt I'll be 3 stone down but I'll push especially for you :D

I'm a bit dubious about the pedometer too - if it says I've done 6 Activity Points I usually downplay it to 5 or something. Apparently the steps work themselves out over the course of the day - for instance my steps always seem to go real quick but sometimes they are slower, so I just take it as a rough estimate. Today I've done 15000 if you discount the 2 miles I walked before it paused itself! Gah. So roughly about 20000 steps, which is pretty good going for me.

I've got sossidges in the oven and I've started doing the par-boiled potatoes with fry light, so I've got some chips! My tummy is a rumbling and I'm ready for my dinner!

I'm rubbish at roast tatos (unless it's proper roasties) but I'm alright at chips - I remember when I occasionally used to fry them everyone said "How do they come out so good" - I shrugged, I dunno! I just wap them in and leave em!

Anyway, dinner was lush - I took a photo but I don't think I have my usb thing here at Mum's.

I got a ridiculously good nights sleep after my mammoth walk yesterday, so much so that I'm still not really awake :D

well done on your loss this week and on your 5 mile walk - good stuff :D xxx

Well done on your amazing loss so far! You’re doing so well so allow yourself a treat now and again – you deserve it x

The silly thing is getting drunk just gives me a headache now - I have no idea why I did it and I spent the first two weeks of WW not drinking a drop - this is coming from somebody who was surgically attached to a corkscrew
I know what you mean, I was ultra strict last year in the build up to my summer hols and hardly touched a drop. I became such a lightweight that after sharing a bottle of bubbly with Andy on the plane (he ordered it as a wee surprise) I was completely wrecked. I watched a movie (which I still have no recollection of) and then passed out and apparently snored very loudly. :faint2:
I was totally hungover by the time we arrived. Of course, for health reasons I built up my tolerance levels again (very quickly) during my holiday!:party0036:

cockscrew
I think Anne Summers sell this particular product in a range of colours….not that I would know of course…:ashamed0005:

I used to spend far too much time and money drinking - it was such a social thing for me and my friends and then it ended up being a thing I would comfort myself with in the evenings - it was never food for me, always wine :D I used to buy about 3-4 bottles a week; I've not bought a bottle in about two months now - seriously, that is unprecedented for me! I've not been drunk in two months and I've not had a hangover in two months - usually I'd get about two-three a month. I feel ten times better for not drinking, but it has dried my skin out - I guess all the alcohol was making it oily :D

Btw I'm still mastering the art of thanking people - I didn't know what rep power meant today and then I looked it up - duh!

Today has been okay - I was so tired when I woke up that it took a good half an hour before I could peel myself out of bed. Then I had an argument with Rob on the phone about things I'll talk about another time (otherwise this will be an essay) and I was stressed so I didn't have any breakfast. Went into town with my Mum and Nana and followed them around as they plodded around shops. They went for a sandwich at a cafe and I had a diet coke. My Mum is terrible, she kept saying "come on, have a sandwich" but I told her I'd have something when I got home.

Got home, I walked to Tesco's to get some chicken (that I forgot to get anyway) and tried some clothes on - pleased and unpleased in some ways - size 20 high waisted trousers so nearly fitted, if they'd been regular trousers they would have been fine but I have a fat baby in my tummy. Then I tried on a size 20 top that was too big, and a size 18 jumper that fitted just right. Then I noticed they had some dresses reduced to £5 so picked up an 18 and 22 (the only sizes there) - 18 too small :( 22 too big :D 20, me thinks.

Had lunch really late and read a magazine outside. Am now chilling out after my busy day!

Like everyone else i expect, i hate the sizing in shops as they are all so ruddy different!:mad:

Now some of my clothes are a 10 (very few i may add!) but im a 12 & i have a pair of next size 12 jeans & can hardly do them up!
Now i like to tell myself they are probs made in a sweatshop in deepest darkest india by a tiny 10 yr old child who doesnt know what size 12 is or couldnt follow the pattern! (unethical i know but possibly true)

I had a little sit in the garden earlier,twas lovely! xx

Well done on the not drinking bit
I use to manage to get through a couple of bottles a night on a regular basis
and told myself it was ok because I didn't have a problem as such because I could abstain for a night if I wanted too
it's only since I've given up I've realised I was consuming most of my points in wine a day without eating so well done on giving it up
it's about time the fashion police made sure all sizing was the same across the board it's far to confusing by half for my liking

Well done on the jumper, its lovely to find somethign in a smaller size that fits perfectly!
Have a good day chick

congrats on the jumper! for a fiver, you shouldve got yourself that 18 dress as you'll be in it soon i bet :) x

Heyho campers! #

I should have bought that dress really Rachael, it was really nice and had a heart shaped front, I love things like that! Tesco's isn't far from my Mum's (in fact I walked there this morning) so maybe I'll call in tomorrow and purchase!

Nikki - oh the argument was just about Rob being a snappy chappy - he suffers from quite bad depression and he's not been himself lately, and has been really curt with me - I told him that I could only help him through the bad periods if he helped himself. So he's made an appointment with the doctor. I just want things to go back to how they were when we got engaged instead of it always being and uphill battle. Still, I'm going over to see him tomorrow and we'll be by the sea, plus it's supposed to be sunny so I'm crossing everything that we'll have a good day.

How are we all today? I'm going to go and check in all your diaries to make sure things are going well.

I ended up going out last night with my brother and sister in law (to be) as my bro was helping his friend DJ in a pub in Norwich. Ironically the pub is right by my flat so it felt a bit stupid to get my brother to pick me up from Mum's and then go back to my flat to park the car! Anyway, we went in and it was chuffing packed - like rammed full. It was really hot and although I only had a cardi on I could feel my anxiety building up - I hate really hot packed rooms and after ordering a beer (bottle for me, pint for them) I thought I'd relax but I couldn't. I couldn't hear my SIL and I started to get a headache, probably induced by not eating enough during the day :stupid: In the end I left after about an hour and Mum picked me up. I felt real bad about leaving Kat there by herself so I sent her a text this morning apologising.

I did fall asleep as soon as I got home though :D I'm getting too old for the going out malarky! I didn't even drink all my beer because some arse put their fag in it when I went to the toilet. :mad:

Today it's sunny here in Norwich and I'm determined not to spend all day indoors doing nothing so I'm going to walk into town and have a little look around.

Have a good day y'all! xxx

Oh Becca, sorry petal, I thought the argument was going to be about hime doing something stupid like burping mid conversation, but still talking throught the burp, something the Old Fella does quite often and I just want to smash a beer bottle and ram it in his face when he does so :D - Hope the doc's can get him moving in the right direction though chicklet. xxx

Hope you had a fab day doing something in this great sunshine. Laughed at he fag being put in your beer too... DoorKnobHead!

xxx

Hey you! Don't be sorry :) To be fair we've been together a while and have never really had any problems, so it was only natural we would end up in a bit of a rut at some point. I just feel a bit helpless - depression is not something I've really ever experienced on a grand scale and I'm a pretty positive person despite my inherent flaws :D I'm sure it will all work itself out.

I've had a lovely day so far - I walked to Tesco and back, then walked into town and back and according to my pedometer have done just shy of 20000 steps :eek: I have walked a lot today. I went into town and just browsed the shops - I realised that since I've started WW I've never really reviewed what size I am, so went for a bit of a trying on sess. Seem to be somewhere between a 20 and 22 depending on the shop (18-20 is fine in New Look, but I'm stuffed in Monsoon, not that I shop there) and occasionally an 18.

Mum took my measurements this morning and I've lost half an inch from my arm, 2 inches from my waist, 4.5inches from my hips and an inch from my thigh (plus an inch from my neck, gross!) :D First measurements were taken 10/03, and today is 10/04 so a whole month.

We also took some photos - a month ago I got Rob to take a photo of me a week into WW and I was so upset about how big I looked. Mum took a photo of me today and I think I can see a difference but I'm very hard to please :D

P3090287.jpg

This is me in March 2010.

DSC00931.jpg

This is April 2010.

And a couple of foodie related pictures!

DSC00919.jpg

Baked salmon with cous cous and soy sauce stir fried veg.

DSC00920.jpg

Sossidges! With homemade chips and a salad.

I've not eaten much today, so need to fill up for dinner, am feeling a bit light headed from the sun no doubt!

Peace xxx

Hi Becca, glad you've had a good day today. You can totally see the difference in your two pics. I think its very noticeable. You're doing so well chick!
Shame your night out didn't work out. I'm like that sometimes too, I find myself in a busy pub and just get irritated by the noise, the heat, the lack of room and especially by all the idiotic drunks spilling drinks and doing things like dropping fag ends in other people's!
I much prefer a night in with a group of friends nowadays. Must be getting old!

Gawd blimey there is quite a difference inbetween the two pictures and flipping good going in only a month
well done sugar :D

Sorry to hear about Rob the most important thing is he doesn't let it go on
there's so much the quacks can do for it now
years ago they use to glare at you and utter Pull yourself Together and you sit there thinking if I could do that you pillock I wouldn't be here telling you now would I you plank.

Back