Missyb - no more messing around.

Hello hello.

I am so sorry, things have been a bit up and down and I've not really been focusing on WW. I'm not sure whether to carry on with the plan or switch to calorie counting which I've been doing recently, but it's not really working too well! Had a bit of a binge day today, I seem to be stuck at around 15st 7lbs!

I didn't go to WI this week as I was busy sorting out stuff for my new job, but I read the scales at Boots and it said I was 15st 7lbs so loss of 4lbs from 15st 11lbs.

I'm not going to be about as much from now on because I'm doing 9 hour shifts most days, but I'm always on Facebook!

Love to you all xxx

Well done on your 4lb loss hun - hope new job is going okay x

Bex - i'm going to try and track you down on FB! :p

Well done on your loss! x

You know what, I suck at flouncing or staying away. I hope you'll all have me back. My mojo I hope has returned; I went to a WI locally here with a leader who I actually had on the second week who is really nice.

Am down to 15st 5lbs so 2lbs down from last week, have no idea how or why as I ate chit a couple of days but I'm not going to complain. I didn't eat too well this evening as I was rushing around after work/between WI but I know it's going to be difficult juggling a hard paced job with food, especially as I work in a hotel.

Enjoying my job, is very demanding but challenging which is good, I just realised how little confidence I have these days! Surrounded by pretty and slim girls, a bit sickening but I will get there one day!

I am going to try and check in with you all tonight (I know, I know, I say that each time) but am pretty shattered so forgive me!

xxx

I second what Nik said, you are a very pretty lady indeed
glad to hear your enjoying the job Bex
and getting to grips with your returning Mojo

I 3rd what Nik said!!! You are gorgeous and should accept that chick!!! haha

good to have ye back..xxxxx

Thank you ladies, it's very kind of you to say.

I can't help but think the hotel got a bum deal with me - they ask for photos on the application forms but I didn't have one and they hired me anyway, when I turned up they must have seen this overweight scared girl and wanted to turn ME away!

I'm getting really nervous about the job, I think after the first couple of days it wasn't so bad as I had the excuse that I was new but I've been there a week now and I'm just constantly panicking that I've not done this or that right. It's crazy really, but I've not had any specific training and everything has been done verbally so I've learnt as I've gone along.

I start at 2pm today so am crossing my fingers everything is okay and I finish at 9pm. Will get something to eat before I leave for work and have something when I get in, but to be honest I've not been feeling that hungry, probably nerves!

xxx

Aww, Bexy poo. I think it's always the same with a job you've never done before, especially without proper training. It's horrible feeling like you're doing things wrong. You're a smart girl though, and you'll pick it up soon enough. I worked at McDs for 1 and a half years and I was totally awesome at it (not too hard really) and when I left they basically said I was awesome. I picked up the basics on the first day and was serving on my own in the afternoon but it was weeeeks until I felt confident and I just felt like every mistake was huuuuge. After training people up I realised how I wasn't bad at all, some people.. omg. If you suck at McDs, what on earth can you do in life?

That's how I feel really - I'm dealing with all these people who can complain at any point and I've got so many things I need to know and juggle on a daily basis. Perhaps going full pelt into a job like that after three years off wasn't such a good idea, and I didn't realise how unconfident I was until a few days ago!

The thing is I've got no contract or anything so at any point they could just tell me not to bother coming in. It's not dire if that happens as we have some savings and it shouldn't be too hard for me to find a job, but at the same time I really don't want to f*ck up. It's important for me to feel like I'm doing something right and nobody has really said I'm doing well/doing badly so I've got no concept of where I am in terms of ability! Oh well.

Bless you Bex! Try not to worry chicky - it always takes a while to build up confidence. It is quite common for you to be just verbally instructed at first - I do this with my staff and it's because I want to let them settle in a bit first. And also because I don't have really high expectations of them in their first few weeks. As long as you are asking when you're not sure you should be fine.

The thing is - it always feels really manic when you start something because there's so much to learn. It's probably that which is causing you to feel under-confident. Once you get into the habit of doing certain things you'll find it a lot easier - because you won't have to think about every single thing all the time.

Maybe next week you could approach your boss and just say something like: 'I just wanted to check I was getting on ok because I want to make sure I'm doing everything right? Is there anything I'm missing?' I would take no news as good news - it might just be that your manager is a bit slack and doesn't see the need to encourage staff if they're getting on ok.

Honestly chicky - try not to worry, I'm sure you're doing a great job. Don't forget that actually having been out of work for a while is probably making you feel more anxious than you need to be.

Sending you positive vibes chicky x x x

Everyones already said what i wanted to say:)

Well done on the 2lbs down though xx

*Big hugs* New jobs get to us all confidence wise - am sure you'll be feeling more positive soon. Oh and btw the confidence comes in leaps and bounds as the pounds fall away :D

Take care and hope you have a nice relaxing evening when you eventually get home xxx

Thank you everyone, really makes a difference hearing other people say what I've been thinking!

Today has been good work wise, am utterly knackered from walking around so much, was on reception, waitressing and on the bar tonight! Jack of all trades = me. Ate like a pig today, much to Rob's amusement, I had chips from the chip shop on the way home and scampi for lunch :shakeshead:

Am a bit upset though because Rob said he thinks I've put on weight as he can't get his arms around me like before :( I probably have, I weighed myself and was 15st 8lbs - whoops. I really need to get back into the zone, but I think I'll be okay once we move in together.

Anyway, am going to dive into bed for some much needed sleep!

xxx

aww cant men be insensitive sometimes! :p cant think of any off the top of my head but Matty has come out with some corkers before..

hope you have a good sleep hun xxx

Bex is back!!!:talk017:
Everyone here has given great advice re. the new job honey, very wise words from Ms. Jones.
Give it a few weeks and you'll be wondering what you were worried about.
I'm so glad you're back on mins, don't worry about your wee blip with the eating, you're having to adjust the diet to a new routine with work, you'll be back on track in no time xx

Hehe, I had chips last night too. Deary me. I hadn't had anything all day until half five when I had a WW sandwich and then we went for a few drinks with some friends and KFC was the only option at that time of night. I didn't eat that much really, so all is not lost. Popped on the scales this morning and I'm 15st 3lbs? That's so not right, those scales are chit!

Had a good day yesterday, I'm trying to go round making sure all the residents and visitors are having a nice time and I think they really appreciate that. I also got paid :D So am going into Norwich and may do a little shopping :) Might get my hair cut too.

Will post some photos if I buy anything! xxx

Bexi Boo......re the job....my guess is if you had made any mistakes you would have heard about it.....no news is good news and all that flapjack!!!

Have a great friday and enjoy spending the moola!!!

xx

Back