Mistakes & Jella's Diary

Jellababy

Likes to eat.....
Yesterday was day 5 of my second restart and what did I do? Ate an ice-cream and banana sandwich and decided this diet wasn't for me anymore I was totally fed up and gave up, decided to take a break for a week or so.....but then today is my weigh in even if it's only been 5 days. Also last night I realised if I go back to normal eating i'll gain weight so I desperatly searched amazon for a new diet and bought the harcombe diet book and recepie book. SO I weighed in and i've lost 1.5lbs :eek::eek::eek: WOW so now what do I do? Restart tomorrow and read the new books when they come and maybe they'll keep my little mind off the wrong foods!!!!

I've decided to renew my gym membership and do induction for 3 days and then move to owl slowly of course! Even having the odd atkins bars this week didnt stop my weight loss, i've proven to myself this diet works so why do I keep breaking it. I got a scare yesterday I had a sense of pressure on my chest and neck when walking and I think all this going in and out of ketosis is taking it's toll so I need to stick with it this time before I make myself ill. Also I'll keep a diary here too and keep myself on tack

Last edited:
Yes I am! Yesterday was day 5 of my second restart and what did I do? Ate an ice-cream and banana sandwich and decided this diet wasn't for me anymore I was totally fed up and gave up, decided to take a break for a week or so.....but then today is my weigh in even if it's only been 5 days. Also last night I realised if I go back to normal eating i'll gain weight so I desperatly searched amazon for a new diet and bought the harcombe diet book and recepie book. SO I weighed in and i've lost 1.5lbs :eek::eek::eek: WOW so now what do I do? Restart tomorrow and read the new books when they come and maybe they'll keep my little mind off the wrong foods!!!!

I've decided to renew my gym membership and do induction for 3 days and then move to owl slowly of course! Even having the odd atkins bars this week didnt stop my weight loss, i've proven to myself this diet works so why do I keep breaking it. I got a scare yesterday I had a sense of pressure on my chest and neck when walking and I think all this going in and out of ketosis is taking it's toll so I need to stick with it this time before I make myself ill. Also I'll keep a diary here too and keep myself on tack

Hi hon, dont be so hard on yourself, dieting is hard enough, I think we just have to accept we will have a blip from time to time, because all we are doing are trying to form new habits, to help us in the long term. It was almost like reading a scenario from my life when dieting, if something is not working I to look for something else to help me, so the bottom line is you are not quitting you are just trying to find another way to success. x:p

Hi Jella and congrats on your loss!

Firstly you're not an idiot, you're like the millions of other people who struggle with food and dieting. I've been reading a lot about this lately and trying to understand a bit better what makes dieters successful...

A good question to ask if you repeatedly slip off the diet is what's stopping you stay on it? Most people don't slip because they are just hungry, there's usually an underlying reason why they don't feel ready to lose weight yet. What might be keeping you from committing to the diet? What fears do you have about losing the weight?

Often once you start considering those questions you might find it a lot easier to keep going! Eating is something we often decide to do 'unconsciously' - i.e. we don't engage brain before we reach for the ice cream! But if we start focusing on conscious choices, it gets easier to resist, as the rational, conscious brain says "hey, I want to be slim!".

Also, posting your daily food on here seems to help - when I want to cheat, I think "but I can't put that on minimins!" and go for something 'legal' instead!

x

Thanks guys it's true at least i've not given up. My trigger was photo's last night I was making an album for my parents with pictures from the 1950's till now and it made me sad to see pictures of me. It's always the same some emotion that strike me and 30min later I really want to eat something. I have some fear dropping below the 11st mark and not sure why really....or am I? I've always been a shy person and getting thinner I feel will attract attention not in a bad way but for me anyway is hard. I've always hidden socially when I was young it was behind my sister and now i'm older I hide behind my husband. So it's like steppingg out into the world again and I really want it but i'm terrified too.....But feeling more confident today in a way i've never felt it before. Like I do trust myself to loose the weight I just need to back off myself lol and just do it. So ya i'm goona restart tomorrow and aim for a 1lb loss next week, no rush....thanks Jo and Hooya

welcome hon,

my hubby had a chinese tonight, special fried rice and all that stuff, even though i am not technically low carbing I did not have any, because i am trying to make new lifestyle changes just had a healthy wholemeal chicken sandwhich and i did enjoy it without feeling stuff or wanting someting else.

Hopefully I will have less blips and more healthy eating resulting in a gradual weight loss. x:eek:

Thats good going Jo I've been good today too so hopfully it wont effect my losses too much, it's bread I miss more so then anything else......

Also, posting your daily food on here seems to help - when I want to cheat, I think "but I can't put that on minimins!" and go for something 'legal' instead!

x

LOL, i do that too Hooya!!! The thought of having to write on here exactly what i've had makes me change my mind so often. It's the thought of this forum that gets me through loads of times.

You'll definately find keeping your diary helpful matey, i sure do!

Good luck! :)

Thanks Claire love the new avatar!!!
Well i just made an order at the low carb megastore total £37 ouch but hopefully worth it and £13.95 was postage. I ordered:
Josephs Lavash Bread
Cachet 85g Chocolate Bars - Milk Corn Flakes
Activa Biscuits and Cookies - Chocolate Cookies
Carbophobia Bread Substitute Mix
Tortilla Wraps - Original
Heinz One Carb Ketchup - Tomato
Dreamfields Pasta - Fusilli (Rotini)
Shirataki Noodles (Konnyaku) - Plain....very curious about these as their suppost to be carb free which prob means they tast awfull lol. Now I feel much better and positive :D
Now off I go to defrost my spinach for breakfast

Morning Jella, it's all in the head love.

Shirataki Noodles (Konnyaku) - Plain....very curious about these as their suppost to be carb free which prob means they tast awfull lol.

Ooh, do let us know what these are like, they sound very intriguing.

Glad to hear you're feeling more positive. I've been having a few wobbles myself lately, don't beat yourself up about it, we're only human after all.

Shirataki Noodles (Konnyaku)

I like the original ones but not the tofu ones. I get them in China town here in Birmingham. They are lovely with a miso soup LM. Liverpool has a china town does it LM?

I like the original ones but not the tofu ones. I get them in China town here in Birmingham. They are lovely with a miso soup LM. Liverpool has a china town does it LM?

More like a China street, Jim, but yes we've got three huge Chinese supermarkets. Are the original ones also carb free?

I must say the idea of a lovely chinese stir fry with noodles thrown in is very tempting. Can you also use them instead of pasta, say with a carbonara sauce?

It's def all in my little head! I hope the foods come quick and my books to keep me busy. Trying to restart today but sugary cereal just went down my throat but I wont let it mean i'll eat bad all day, i'll just keep trying. I'm so close to my size 12 and the inlawas are visiting the 4th sept and I want to wow them in the size 12 not bursting out of them hehe. Have plenty to do today, brought an old kitchen press from my parents yesterday so I have to go and tidy my craft room to make space of it, and it's a compleate mess stuff everywhere. Thats why I need to press, goona see if I can get some boxes and pack everything. Will try and go to the gym too but sometimes I get a terrible attack of fear and then dont go, sometimes I do wonder. Right off to watch my soaps home & away and neighbours!

Hi jella, off to watch the soaps. LOL.

Will try and go to the gym too but sometimes I get a terrible attack of fear and then dont go, sometimes I do wonder.

Hey Jella, hope you had a good day.

I just wanted to say don't fear the gym! I used to, felt really self-conscious and stuff. But then I realised the best thing about the gym is that everyone is just doing their own thing - they are there to reach their own goals and don't really care about what anyone else is up to. Why should Mr Buff-and-gorgeous care how red-faced I look on the stepper? :) He's too busy working on his biceps or something...

Once I realised this it's been a lot more fun... I like to think of it like a library, but sweatier!

x

Your right hooya usually once i'm there i'm fine it's all just in my head really. Hubby is coming with me tomorrow so that'll help me out....also love watching him workout hehe
Jo not a good day for me again but got a phonecall from my bro who's organising a get today for my parents wedding anniversary the 29th this month and thats put my head back in the zone!!! I want to buy some nice jeans and a top but I must fit into the 12's better then I do now grr. And why do I have to have petite legs *arg* all the nice jeans are too long and look stupid if I roll them up lol
On a diff note I found out today I can sell my jewellery sunday at the local food festival. Now that brings another problem food haha but I did it last yr on cd and never ate so I can do it again, it's not too hard something about seeing ppl cook my food turns me off....very odd even in resturants if they have a visible kitchen I have to have my back turned away! Humm bit of track there but anyways went to see G.I Joe this evening and it was ok standard cheesy action flick but it made me want to go to the gym again! ....thats all for today quiet boring as per usual haha

Hi Jella,

There is nothing like an event to help motivate us all, size 12 jeans hey, I would love to be close to getting into a size 12. Keep going hon. x

Back