Mix & match a HEX B on Extra Easy?

drumajo

Hi guys,

Is it ok to have 1 Weetabix & 1 slice of wholemeal bread inplace of 2 Weetabix or 2 slices of bread?

Hope someone can help...

Jo x

Yes thats fine, you can split your HEXes now :)

That's brilliant!

It makes it more flexible when you only have one A & B to choose from eh.

Thank you x

Yep :) I often use a B for both nuts & oil, or an A for both a mini babybel and some milk or whatever :)

We were talking about this in class last night it's great you can mix as I don't always use all my milk sometimes just a couple of teas and thats it

This might be a stuid question, but can you add up your healthy extras over a few days?
Say you only have half of you HEb can you have it the next day or are they on a 'use it or lose it' rule?

I sometimes have trouble with my HEb's :sigh:

ScouseAngel said:
This might be a stuid question, but can you add up your healthy extras over a few days?
Say you only have half of you HEb can you have it the next day or are they on a 'use it or lose it' rule?

I sometimes have trouble with my HEb's :sigh:

No, you need the hex each day for health reasons. If you don't use the days allowance, you lose it

A friend has just been to her SW class & the consultant reckons you can't have just 1 Weetabix/1 slice of WM bread due to the difference in fibre content....?

drumajo said:
A friend has just been to her SW class & the consultant reckons you can't have just 1 Weetabix/1 slice of WM bread due to the difference in fibre content....?

Well sw have confirmed that you can-it's on the website!! As 1 weetabix is half a HEb and so is 1 slice of wm bread(providing it weighs 30g)

Last edited:

There are sooo many out of date consultants :mad: Send her to the website: FAQ's > Healthy Extras > Question 2:

Q: Can I mix and match my Healthy Extras by halving the portions?

A: Yes, if you like - you’ll still lose weight beautifully! The downside is your speed and fibre symbols would have to be ignored unless your two halves had identical symbols. However, mixing and matching couldn't be done when there are multiple items in one choice, e.g. 28g Kellogg's All-Bran 1 Ryvita Multigrain crispbread. With all single item choices, feel free!

To keep the food diary as easy as possible to update, our Healthy Extra drop down lists only allow you to enter a whole Healthy Extra. If you do enjoy two half portions and want to record that, please make an entry in your food diary journal.

Back