Mixin' it up! Ideas please!

Smiley_Cat

Loving CD SS!
Right folks...I'm a newbie here (just done day two) and so have been reading through all the threads trying to learn as much as I can.

I have heard some of the veterans talking about their tricks with the sachets... and as i'm facing a long journey on CD, I could use as much inspiration as possible!

Not sure if this has been done before (so forgive my newbieness!) but I'd be keen to collect all these ideas in one place for us newbies to learn from :) So how about it on this thread?

The one that saved me tonight (was really missing milky sweetened coffee!) was to add some of the vanilla shake to my coffee. Did the trick! :party0049:

I've read about adding some coffee to some of the other shakes, and something about muffins?!?

So what else can we do with the CD sachets to 'mix it up' a bit and add a bit of variety to our CD journey?

Thanks in advance for your ideas folks!!

Cx

Right folks...I'm a newbie here (just done day two) and so have been reading through all the threads trying to learn as much as I can.

I have heard some of the veterans talking about their tricks with the sachets... and as i'm facing a long journey on CD, I could use as much inspiration as possible!

Not sure if this has been done before (so forgive my newbieness!) but I'd be keen to collect all these ideas in one place for us newbies to learn from :) So how about it on this thread?

The one that saved me tonight (was really missing milky sweetened coffee!) was to add some of the vanilla shake to my coffee. Did the trick! :party0049:

I've read about adding some coffee to some of the other shakes, and something about muffins?!?

So what else can we do with the CD sachets to 'mix it up' a bit and add a bit of variety to our CD journey?

Thanks in advance for your ideas folks!!

Cx

Hi smiley cat :)

This thread may be of help. It's also in the top of the Cambridge Diet thread as a sticky.
http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/2518-recipes-foodpack-muffin-crisps-fudge-cake.html

Loads of ideas and most of them are really nice and do make it easier..:D..xx

The one thing I love more than anything is freezing a chocolate tetra. It's fab, tastes exactly like choc ice-cream. Yum!!!

Isis, thanks for that! Perfect!
(ok, so I still haven't managed to get through ALL the threads! lol)
Thanks for the link :)

Chocolate tetras topped up with a bit of hot water are yum. As is a spoonful of Toffee & Walnut shake mixed into porridge. Totally transforms it.
Good luck.

Oooh! Thanks for that francesmag - I was going to have both of those on my plan for tomorrow!! :) x

Erm...that'd be the toffee walnut and the porridge...haven't got any of the bricks yet, but everyone seems to love them, so come Thursday - my weigh-in with my CDC - I'll defo be getting some!! :)

I make the Oriental Chilli soup into the crisps about 4 times a week for lunch - add tabasco & cracked pepper! I enjoy sitting down with that and a litre bottle of water with summer berry flavouring! YUM!

At the moment I'm loving toffee nut lattes a la starbucks!

Cappucino and toffee and walnut mixed with an extra spoon of coffee hot in a HUGE mug.

I have to eat two packs together sometimes or I can't get them all in. This does the trick!

Hi Smiley Cat

The recipes in the sticky thread are great but a word of warning about the muffin recipe - many people have trouble getting this one right so if it happens to you don't let it put you off trying the others.

Oh and if you fancy trying the crisps, spread the mix out into a big square shape, microwave a minute and then as it starts to set use a knife to divide up into squares, then pop back in the microwave to finish cooking. The first time I faffed about spreading little dollops of mix out individually and it took me about 20 minutes!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wow these crisps seem to be really popular...was going to have the oriental chilli as soup tonight...maybe I'll do up half-and-half (that way i'll know whether either option turns me off from getting it again! lol

Yeah I've done half and half with a soup before - half as soup (stretched a bit further with extra water and a tsp of CD veg drink mix) and the other half as a "crispbread" to go with it! Let us know how you get on...

Back