• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Mixing different products?

justgina

taking it 1 day at a time
S: 12st5.8lb C: 12st5.8lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 29.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Will be watching this thread with interest. I was using Avidlite shakes (which are wonderful, rather like a McD shake!), and got my Exante variety pack yesterday. I've tried a bar (OK) a soup (Lovely) and a shake (very disappointing and tasteless). I might sit down later and compare the nutritional info.

jacsprat

Silver Member
S: 17st11lb C: 16st9lb G: 11st5lb BMI: 36.5 Loss: 1st2lb(6.43%)
I've just ordered some Exante products and will be using them along with some Avidlite shakes as well as a few CD shakes that I have left. I also have a few cartons of low carb milshake from Tesco thats handy when out and about. The nutritional values are all very similar and I dont see any reason not to pick favourites from the different brands.

I also intend to have a low carb meal on some days (maybe every day).

DQ

Queen of the Damned
I suppose the concern is that by mixing the products, will you be getting your full complement of vitamins and nutrients... most of these plans have been created to work as a whole and if you mix and match you are messing with that. Not that I don't understand why and what you're trying to do - just a word of caution I guess...

jacsprat

Silver Member
S: 17st11lb C: 16st9lb G: 11st5lb BMI: 36.5 Loss: 1st2lb(6.43%)
Hi DQ I know exactly what you are saying. I take a general multi vit/mineral every day anyway. Always have. I went to a nutritional conference and apparently the official RDA's are the absolute minimim that the body needs and were set years ago. Science and nutrition have moved along since then.

I also have to say that my previous diet of processed crap food wasn't giving me the right balance of nutrients either hence the weight gain and bad moods.

thanks for the replies. i think i'm going to try a few different products, as the variety will help me stick to a diet. I take a multi vitamin pill every other day and a capsule of essential fatty acids a couple of times per week so will probably be ok. I much prefer the exante shakes to the LL ones which were just so strong flavoured yet watery. But I only like the one bar from exante, the choc and orange, so I'm going to buy others from elsewhere too.