Mixing Exante and Lipotrim ??

Jeep

Otherwise known as Jools
Hey Guys

I'm feeling as though I am losing a bit of focus on LT and finding it quite hard to get back into the swing of things after breaking at Christmas. I have been looking at the Exante website and seeing the more variety there looks quite tempting, and am wondering if I change how easy that might be.

I know some people on here are mixing the two diets and was just wondering how that works ie is it bars from one and shakes from the other etc, how successful they have been mixing the two diet schemes, and also how they feel about paying out quite a lot of money for both programmes.

Just a thought and grateful for any advice.

Jools

xx

Hey jools, i was thinking the exact same thing!!

I was thinking maybe having two shakes and one of the exante soups..but im not sure :S..lol

Was hoping someone else with abit more info will pop along!

Last edited:
I do it !!! it seems to work for me - I have 2 shakes from LT and either a bar or soup from Exante.

I started on Monday and have lost 7lb by Friday (WI monday though). I hate black tea/coffee, and was desperate for something warm. I use the exante bars if I'm out and about which I am sometimes with work, but the LT bars made me gag (sorry!)

So it works for me.. .but I do think that when I have a bar (which are lush...) its a bit too much like real eating for me.

Anyway - I don't get into ketosis until about day 7 or 8, so can't comment on that score, but the weight loss is still efffective.

Don't blame me if it doesn't work for you though - cos this ISN'T the right way to do it.

Caren.xx

I dont know Jools,,,I just am concious now that there are a lot more people doing Exante and a lot more variety.

Nerac says it as it is...it can be like the real thing, so I reckon you need to weigh up whether this would tip you over the edge the other way? Not sure!

How much more do you realistically want to lose? Do you think it is because you came off at Christmas, etc and your mindset isnt quite there now? Just wondering....

I am sure you will weigh up all the pros and cons, but do let us know what you decide!

I agree with Scots too.... i was definately more focussed when just doing LT on its own - but i started missing too many shakes with work and was cold to the core - and this was in october.

I don't do an exante pack every day, probably 3/4 times per week - or when I feel I need to.

Chelly is on exante too - and she has done LT - and lost 4 stone overnight - oh wait, that was a wii fit phenomenon!!

It maybe best to try exante for a full week - especially whilst the price is low.

Its got to be your choice, but choose wisely. I have to be very careful and require more willpower when I have an exante item - because they do taste better (apart from the shakes urgh!)

C.

I agree with Scots too.... i was definately more focussed when just doing LT on its own - but i started missing too many shakes with work and was cold to the core - and this was in october.

I don't do an exante pack every day, probably 3/4 times per week - or when I feel I need to.

Chelly is on exante too - and she has done LT - and lost 4 stone overnight - oh wait, that was a wii fit phenomenon!!

It maybe best to try exante for a full week - especially whilst the price is low.

Its got to be your choice, but choose wisely. I have to be very careful and require more willpower when I have an exante item - because they do taste better (apart from the shakes urgh!)

C.

LMAO hahahahahaaa that really made giggle lol!!

Why dont you switch over to exante for a week and see how it goes?

The first time I tried exante I wasnt in the right place for it and failed after a week..

This time im sailing through it (well I hope) lol.. I dont find the different flavours a problem.. although the months supply was on special offer and i bought all shakes because im not the biggest fan of the mushroom or thai chicken soup!

chelly - have you had a weigh yet on the current exante ?

Well i weighed properly on the wii last night lol!

but my offical weigh day isnt until monday!

Jools, sorry you are finding it tough to refocus after the break. It is tough to get into the swing of things. I am a little wary of mixing and matching as any tfr diet is balanced to have adequate nutrition for the day. Having a bar from one and a shake from another does not necessarily mean the nutrition is balanced.
That said, from the posts, people seem to be doing just that and working out fine. Perhaps try exante for a week and if you like it then switch over completley. A change is as good as a rest as they say!

I've done both (well if you can call two days on exante both :D) I can't see much of a problem mixing both like the above peeps have said.

I must say though I have found exante 50 times easier than starting lt twice..I haven't had nearly as bad headaches. The calories are abit higher but even if you lose 6lb still alot to lose in a week, even if it works out less than lt.

I like having the bars its like a treat and i'm not feeling like i'm dieting. The soups are better than lt aswell.

Sorry if i'm ranting but I love it :D:D:D

I think a lot of how I am feeling is that I cannot seem to get to grips with LT after Christmas, and wondered if the more variety of Exante might make things a bit easier - but looking at the different flavours etc it might make things even harder as there is more temptation - my tastebuds might think ooo flavour gimme more etc. I'll stick with LT I just wanna shake off this feeling of wanting food. I guess the fact that its so cold and snowy doesnt help as all you want to do is snuggle up on the sofa with a big bowl of stew and dumplings etc. It will pass I just gotta keep going - first WI of this new round on Monday - should be interesting. :)

your ketosis should be kicking in now or very very soon and hopefully your feelings will pass.

You can always re-visit the exante idea in a week or two if necessary. But I think LT is 'easier' to stick to, due to the lack of variety.

Caren.

Cheers Caren - I know I can do this - and I will - head is almost in the right place, my weigh in on Monday should give me the inspiration and boost that I need :D

Yes Jools - you can do it. I really hope your weigh in on Monday will give you a boost. I honestly think mixing diets is a bad idea - as Molly said you almost certainly won't get the proper balance of nutrients, so you should either stick to LT or swap to Exante.

Good luck lovie

Jon
xx

Hi Jools
Good luck with tomorrow's WI and hope it does give you that boost you need.

Why dont you post a recent photo of yourself? Noticed your last one was June 09 and it would be great to see how much you have lost since then in a photo!!

Sure you would get lots of AMAZING comments, which do go a long way to helping you keep focus!

Hi Iris - yes I def need a new photo - might sort that out this week :D

Hey,

There would not be any problem having exante and lipotrim products. They are all Total Food Replacement products which means that each pack will give you more than 25% of your daily nutrients for the day. They are all suitable for ketosis as well, so it will not affect weight loss.

Lipotrim limit flavour and variety by choice - to help you remove yourself from thinking about food. I can totally understand the thinking behind this.

It is a very personal decision as to what strategy will work best for you in regards to limiting flavour and choice. But remember when you come off TFR you will have endless flavours and choice, and if you cant control yourself when in ketosis and you dont feel hungry, then it is going to be extra hard to control yourself when you are introduced back into nice foods and outside the comfort zone of ketosis.

The New You diet offers a wide range of flavours and variety of products that all are created for fat reduction and weight loss under ketosis. I am really enjoying the products, and yes sometime I do need to watch that I could be tempted to eat more cos they taste so good, but I think this is a good thing, as it is teaching me extra discipline that I didnt need when I was on lipotrim.

:) xox

I am really enjoying the products, and yes sometime I do need to watch that I could be tempted to eat more cos they taste so good, but I think this is a good thing, as it is teaching me extra discipline that I didnt need when I was on lipotrim.

:) xox

Exactly what i've been like, theres chocolate chips in the Exante bars and its ace because i'm eating them and i'm still not wanting to eat food. So i feel i'm more in control this time

Back