Mixing LL and Cambridge

SharonJayne1970

Silver Member
I have already completed the foundation course on LL and stopped attending classes, put 2 stone back on. I got a call the other day from the counsellor and she said that I could go each week for counselling and it wouldnt cost me anything. I don't have to pay unless I buy the packs. Now I cannot afford to go back on the packs. I really wanted to do three a day and a healthy evening meal, like management but again cost is an issue. Could I, hypothetically speaking, go to the classes each week and get the counselling and then buy my packs from a CDC?

I thought it was standard practise to be honest. She always told us that we pay for the food packs and the counselling is free hence the reason that if you don't have your full quota of foodpacks the price decreases

Hiya - how much are the foodpacks on LL then? They're about £1.40 - £1.65 each (approx) on CD!
In any case - at least you're not just giving up. You're willing to try to work something out to continue to goal.
Good luck on your journey
Tansyx

£66 for a weeks worth, thats 28 packs because you have 4 a day on LL. You can buy them in blocks of 7 i.e. 7 cost £16.50, 14 cost £33 and 21 cost £40.50. Therefore it works out cheaper to do CD at £35 a week for the full amount however I really benefitted from the counselling at LL and thats what I will miss if I went fully to CD

hmmm even if you don't tell her there's a good chance that she'll guess your doing a vlcd when your weight keeps dropping in large amounts.

Got to say that I know I couldn't do it, I wouldn't feel it was fair to my counsellor if I went behind her back treating her that way when she's so kind enough to go out of her way for me. I'd be tempted to come clean, explain your financial situation and then see if she was still willing, she may possibly be as it sounds like you've got a good one there - I think I could do that but I know I couldn't do it the other way.

Back