Mmmm thai food and ginger and lemon water!

Been out for a while, so will nip over there now to have a look. Thanks for replying.

Phew, that is day two over, and I am going to bed right now before I blow it and eat something.

A much better day today, a bit of gum to keep me on the straight and narrow plus a good 5 litres of water.

Now I really am turning off the computer and heading upstairs as I didn't yesterday which was my downfall.

So hopefully another agonising day and I will be there.

Thanks again for your support everyone.

Well done, hope tomorrow is another good one for you.:D

Thanks Cheb!

Well day 3, yesterday was a VERY good diet day. Still not in the pink but I did nibble on day 1 so to be expected.

My head really really hurts today, I feel tired, lethargic and urgh. This is baaad, really baaad :mad:

To be expected though and in a warped way it feels good as well because I know that the diet is beginning to kick in and I am detoxing. Plus it feels like I am doing a penance for all the over eating, somehow it feels right to go through this urgh feeling.

Weighed myself and I am about 2.5 lbs down which is a bit disappointing but to be expected really due to the nibbles the first night. I was hoping to be 5 lbs down by the time I go to see my new CDC on Saturday - that is how much I put on on holiday, it will also take me back to my "plateau" weight - the weight that I have really struggled to get beneath but hopefully another couple of weeks of sole sourcing will get me through that barrier. Also if I shift this first 5 lbs, that means I have just one stone to lose on Sole Source and then I want to shift the rest using 790. Realistically I lose slowly - a maximum of 3 lbs a week so I am still looking at a four or five week stretch here at the very least.

I am supposed to be going out with the girls tonight for a meal and to the cinema but am going to cancel it, I don't want to see the film particularly and I certainly don't feel motivated enough to sit and watch them eat whilst I have a food pack but don't feel confident enough to be able to have a chicken salad without it impacting on me getting into ketosis, so I will stay in instead (oh the martyr is screaming to get out lol).

OK that is the mad ramblings from here for now, I am going to go finish unpacking (I do 15 minutes a day because it bores me stupid lol).

Well done on getting this far - just think no pain no gain!!! :)

I think cancelling your evening out is a good decision - sometimes it's just not worth the temptation!

keep going honey. xx

Thanks Helen, I have cancelled the night out, apart from anything else, I feel really floaty and headachy urgh!

Just replied to you on your thread, let me know if I can help?

Whooohoo I'm in the pink so why did I ...

stick some cheese and three cashew nuts in my mouth???

Arrrgggh, if I have learnt nothing else it is that nibbling leads to a slow weight loss and knocking myself out of ketosis. I have just put some sugar free gum in my mouth and that is keeping the urge to nibble at bay (I know Diva it isn't a great idea but it is better than nibbling).

I've had a horrid day - a two hour meeting with the solicitors, the kids don't go back til tomorrow and have been mega hyper (so I have had to juggle them and work) my head hurts, I have another two or three hours work to do tonight and I am feeling sorry for myself (can you tell lol??)

Roll on tomorrow and lets hope that stick is still pink ...

Hi Karion

Habit I think, that and I was starving and I have no self control :( . This is the first gum I have had today and feel better for it.

Thank you for replying.

Ack. Course you do. Look how far you have come already :)

Keep the faith in VLCD's ;)

Thanks Karion, you are of course completely right, that crooked thinking had a firm hold of me last night.

Today didn't go as planned!

Last night got worse and worse, culminating in me munching on a pack of slim fast pretzels - ok only 99 calories but full of carbs.

Surprisingly though the stick seems to still be pink (all be it very light pink rather than a nice dark(ish) glow that I had yesterday) put definately pink.

So feeling more motivated I hop straight back on the band wagon this morning with a cappuccino before I go for a meeting, two or three cups of hot water in the meeting with a black coffee.

As we are leaving, my husband decides he wants to nip into town to buy a suit - all very well and good but I hadn't taken any packs with me - so he agreed to just go to one shop - which of course turned into four. At this point, I am light headed and swooning (3pm) so I reluctantly agreed to go for lunch. I had a starter portion of grilled chicken salad.

I got home at 4pm and have spent almost three hours on the phone to a business contact trying to sort out a couple of problems we have so haven't had chance to eat since although I have drunk a fair bit of water (not nearly enough).

I am going to go make some "crisps" to snack on later, and I am going to have a chocolate mousse. I will try to get the third pack in later as I have a considerable amount of work to do tonight but am not too hopeful.

I think to combat the urge to nibble I am going to make some crisps and have them next to me as I work.

I need to get my head around this night time nibbling or I will be back to where I started (four stone heavier) before I can blink.

Bah!

Oh honey, at least you pulled it back. And I agree with you about the crisps - when I make the effort to make them, they are a complete lifesaver :cool:

hey this time hun!:eek:
Coming right on here is certainly better than burying your head in the sand..or the cashew nuts...god i just love nuts..erm should i rephrase that??? Crisps...oh my goodness..made with mushroom and heaps of tabasco or thai chilli really do satisfy the nibbles but i must say at time one pack made into crisps just isnt enough...if i treat with a bit of zero coke they seem to go further..strange but true...ANYWAY... if you were feeling light headed and woosey then it was probably a good idea to have the grilled chicken..could have been worse you could have ended up in kfc!!!:mad:

Tomorrow is another day, and by your twins birthdays you will be at goal. Its my sons birthday on valentines day and im hoping to be almost there by then too!!!!;)

WE CAN DO THIS HUN.....it will make us stronger in the end hun!:D

Much love
:eek:
x

good luck, you'll do it

Thanks Nikki, you are right, I am determined to do it this time.

Oh honey, at least you pulled it back. And I agree with you about the crisps - when I make the effort to make them, they are a complete lifesaver :cool:

I still need to make them but it is a ballache doing it, that is what puts me off, takes too long and too much faffing. No complaining, I am going to do it now.

Just spent a few more hours on the phone lol - that is another great use of my mouth!!

hey this time hun!:eek:
Coming right on here is certainly better than burying your head in the sand..or the cashew nuts...god i just love nuts..erm should i rephrase that??? Crisps...oh my goodness..made with mushroom and heaps of tabasco or thai chilli really do satisfy the nibbles but i must say at time one pack made into crisps just isnt enough...if i treat with a bit of zero coke they seem to go further..strange but true...ANYWAY... if you were feeling light headed and woosey then it was probably a good idea to have the grilled chicken..could have been worse you could have ended up in kfc!!!:mad:

Tomorrow is another day, and by your twins birthdays you will be at goal. Its my sons birthday on valentines day and im hoping to be almost there by then too!!!!;)

WE CAN DO THIS HUN.....it will make us stronger in the end hun!:D

Much love
:eek:
x

Thanks Nic, you are right, we went to a pizza place and I could have had pizza or pasta or soup and a sandwich but I opted for plain chicken and mushroom salad with balsamic vinegar. My little stick is still showing pink so hopefully not too much damage. I have also just drunk about three litres of water whilst on the phone and feel much better, hardly hungry and less headachy.

You and I will do it and together, we have to get there this time and we are at the same place right now, so lets keep strong for each other.

without a doubt...this time is right and the time is right!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Let's stay in the pink hun!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks Nic, woken up today feeling much more positive, will post in full above.

Have a fantastic day!

Why today is going to be a good one!

Today is going to be good because:-

• Today I am going to take each minute at a time.
  • Every time I decide not to put chocolate or carbs in my mouth will take me an inch closer to my ultimate goal.
  • I have re-evaluated where I want to go and rather than be a slave to the scales and to SSing, I am going to take my packs to give me the vitamins and nutrients I need, I am going to drink my water to help my skin and if I decide to eat anything it will be a healthy choice.
  • Following a fabulous post by Russion Doll I have to stop seeing eating sensibly as "failing" but actually I have to congratulate myself on making healthy choices. I am therefore going to make sure I get some cottage cheese in, and if I want to eat, I will have a teaspoon of that instead.
  • Another fabulous post by Diva on Russion Dolls thread has made me realise that actually my approach is wrong and I have spent a good portion of time thinking about this and whilst the advice was for Debbie I know it applies to me as well and I need to put my head in the right place.
  • I am going to see my new CDC tomorrow and rather than jump straight in wanting to go into SSing, I am going to see if I can do a couple of weeks of 790 plan - either to get to my size 12 clothes that I would like to be or to help me back into the swing of things before I go completely into SSing.
  • This week hasn't been a disaster, despite a relatively poor 3lbs since the 1st, it has stopped me gaining more weight and I am feeling better in myself and my clothes already.
  • I was going to wait until Saturday before I started the continuation of my journey when I meet my new CDC but decided to go it alone with surplus packs this week. Whilst it hasn't been 100% successful I have had a small loss and haven't had a gain.
  • I was giving a friend last night chapter and verse on why a VLCD works - I think this has had the effect of remotivating me because I know I was talking sense, and that this is the best and easiest diet I have ever done and it does work!!
Erm, I think that is it for now, but may add to this list later.

Last edited:
Despite my earlier post, today hasn't been a great day either! Mainly because I forgot my foodpacks and have been out all day, so I took the decision to have a bit of cottage cheese for lunch and a couple of slices of roast chicken on a bed of dry-fried leek and cabbage with a sprinkling of ginger and cinnamon.

I have been really thinking and feel that going back onto a full SS isn't right for me. I desparately believe that a VLCD is beyond any shadow of a doubt the best and easiest diet there is but, it can be the hardest diet too if you aren't desparately hungry to lose the weight (pardon the pun). My biggest problem is that I am quiet happy where I am - I need to lose another half stone to be incredibly happy, a stone to be ecstatically happy but I am not desparate to lose this extra stone/stone and a half.

So where does that leave me? If I continue on the path of trying to sole source, I will end up binging or frustrated and feeling like a failure.

I am therefore going to try on the 790 plan. I am meeting with my new CDC tomorrow and I have already told her that it is my intention to do a 790 although I may talk to her about the 1000 plan as I don't know the difference between them.

I am also going to join the gym if I get time tomorrow because I feel exercise is key to maintaining what I have done and hopefully it will give my weight loss a much needed boost.

But I am also considering the long term and have just ordered the food doctor books from amazon (it is such a co-incidence that the food doctor is being advertised on this site now because I had just paid for my stuff then low and behold I come on here and there is a banner advertising it).

During LL Management I started to do a lot of reading on superfoods - and want my future healthy eating life to incorporate as many of these superfoods as I can. I think the food doctor may compliment this outlook and would be interested to know if anyone has any experience of this way of healthy eating? I love his nuts and seeds, they are a permanent feature in my house hold as it is my snack of choice for the kids and they love it.

So tomorrow I truly feel that I will be moving forwards instead of trying to go backwards. I have been very careful not to call this week a restart as that has very negative connotations for me - because it means that you have failed first time - but I haven't failed, I have lost four stone - that is no failure and I have kept most of it off for almost four months now so that isn't a failure.

I am excited about tomorrow, I think that 790 or 1000 plan is the way to go for me, and I am looking forward to starting this new phase of my journey.

Back