Mmmm thai food and ginger and lemon water!

Well done - I really admire you for being able to discuss it! I still am def saying nothing yet - my OH would not be able to handle it at all. I am the strong one, the leader, I am not in a place capable of supporting him at the moment with the fact that I am currently weak - if that makes sence.
I remember after the birth of our first child, after nearly 24 hr labour, 27 stitches, mastitus (excuse spelling), she was a poor sleeper my boobs were like breeze blocks attached to my chest & I felt massively out of control, frightened. She wouldnt stop crying & I lost it after nearly 2 weeks with no sleep.

His response - you're crap, you can't handle it, you're f'ing useless.

The result - I went out with the pram & walked, I walked & I walked for about 6 hours until I couldn't walk anymore. On the walk home I decided - I'll show you how f**king useless I am & pulled MYSELF round....

So you can see, sharing my guilt wont help me at all xxx

I wonder if we are married to the same person as well ...

Mine just p*ss*d off skiing six weeks after the twins were born for a week and made very similar comments!

OMgoodness me...look what i have missed huns! Wish I could have been with you posting last night and supporting along the way! This food lark CAN be a form of self harm...i mean what good can stuffing our faces/bingeing/secret eating be doing to our bods???:(

I crammed chocci bics last night having nibbled on tuna/chicken also during week it was kinda bound to happen.:confused:

Laxatives have been something that I have kind of been tempted to 'use' even when i havemt been constipated..that thought of passing the binge..literally! I've never done it but I did try to make myself sick once or twice when Id started to put weight back on in about oct/nov and as a result of comfirt eating after mc number 3. That feeling of being out of control is the worst feeling isnt it i guess it has to be a bad feeling if the feeling of being in K/abstaining is the biggest buzz ever...its all about the control. Also i think for 2 powerful business minded women that feeling of being in control is a must i guess without it the 'beating yourself up' comes into play:rolleyes:

Im prob not making much sense here just rambling whilst trying to maintain my train of thought!:cool:

TTIR hun...have you spoken to LLC yet. im sure she will be able to guide you, maybe offer you a one to one session. Do you WANT to SS..do you wish you could hack it..(well i do!) I think if were not at goal we want to get there asap and doing SS is the wuickest way there..it has always been my 'ideal' to be able to hack it and i have looked for endless excuses NOT to SS..like i may be pregnant or im exercising now so need more calories..or ive gone off the packs....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...this weight loss lark has defo made me more conscious of eating issue..TOO conscious..maybe THATS the problem!:rolleyes:

Do you really think that anyone is REALLY in control ALL of the time once food is introduced or even before.......i think the fact you and clucks have spoken out may encourage others to do same...NEVER have i admitted to the fingers down throat..tbh i couldnt do it properly..yuk! I didnt tell anyone.....maybe your thread will encourage people to really open up....;)

Maybe you need another type of counselling...insecurities..i have tons which i 'assumed' would disappear with the weight...some yes but not all and the ones left seem to have intensifies to make up for the ones i dealt with.:mad:

TTIR you always said how much you valued the counselling on LL so maybe you should maintain starting from week whatever and still make meetings??:eek: :eek:

Anyway Im sending you tons of love, hugs, comfort, support, hand holding and understanding (well I will try!) what i do know is that by sharing you are on the way to facing up to your deep rooted demons once and for all!!!!:rolleyes:

mega love and positive vibes..PM me if you wish?!x:)

Be kind to yourselves girls:p

Oh how I can relate to the feeling of being drowned by the demands of work, home, children and an unsupportive (now ex!) husband.

Five years ago, I was a HOY in an inner-city London school which was extremely demanding. I earned a good salary but never had any spare cash - with hefty mortage, credit cards, the needs of my 3 kids and the alcoholic man who came home to sleep in the same flat when the pubs closed.

I didn't have the luxury option of having a nervous breakdown - I had to keep the ship afloat or the kids would have been taken into care.

How I survived it, I'll never know - apart from breaking free from him, and having to leave my job as a consequence of moving back to my old home.

I honestly don't think I could have such a demanding career again - I constantly felt torn between the needs of my co-workers and the students and my kids -who always seemed to lose out.

I look at how my mother managed with one child - and she just concentrated on her career - to the detriment of me!

For me, when something had to give, it was the ex and the job. The last few years, I've concentrated on my kids which has brought it's own stresses and demands - as I still feel very young myself.

I remember going to see a counsellor in my 20s - issues about my childhood that I just couldn't seem to get over - and telling her that I only felt about 14 and was so proud of myself when I managed to get myself dressed and go to work!

I still feel the same now - taking my littlest girl to the hospital had me wanting to treat myself with junk food as a reward for being a good mummy! It's like I didn't get praised for good behaviour as a child -it was expected! So I've always 'praised' myself with food.

I think of some mothers who've I've come across in my professional life, who abandon their children for the pub or drugs, who abuse their children mentally and physically and tell myself that I'm not doing too badly! Yet everytime I have a stressful moment, I want to fill myself with junk instead of allowing anyone else to make me feel good about myself.

I too, have tried the superfoods way of eating - I just ended up eating far too much! I can binge on fruit and veg, nuts and seeds just as easily as I can with takeaways!

I don't have an 'enough' switch!

So right now, I'm praising myself with abstinence - although it's terribly hard, I'm almost playing the martyr.....am filling my soul with the smell of my own burning flesh!!

So, please don't think you're the only one who's feeling stressed, confused about food, trying hard not to listen to the chatterboxes and generally miserable because life is just SO DAMN HARD!

I am still feeling like this, despite being happier than ever before in my entire life!

Nuts, huh?

Anyhoo - Clucks and TTIR - I truly hope that you both feel a little better for sharing such deep, personal feelings and knowing that you two are most certainly not alone.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well done - I really admire you for being able to discuss it! I still am def saying nothing yet - my OH would not be able to handle it at all. I am the strong one, the leader, I am not in a place capable of supporting him at the moment with the fact that I am currently weak - if that makes sence.
I remember after the birth of our first child, after nearly 24 hr labour, 27 stitches, mastitus (excuse spelling), she was a poor sleeper my boobs were like breeze blocks attached to my chest & I felt massively out of control, frightened. She wouldnt stop crying & I lost it after nearly 2 weeks with no sleep.

His response - you're crap, you can't handle it, you're f'ing useless.

The result - I went out with the pram & walked, I walked & I walked for about 6 hours until I couldn't walk anymore. On the walk home I decided - I'll show you how f**king useless I am & pulled MYSELF round....

So you can see, sharing my guilt wont help me at all xxx

Know what you mean by a can of worms...

My husband has been looking over my shoulder reading this and he says...he never said I was useless!!!

He said, he remembers telling me how wonderful I was when I was up all night with our son and that I was doing a great job before going back to sleep:(

But says now he can see how insentive he was:rolleyes:

Love Mini xxx

Oh how I can relate to the feeling of being drowned by the demands of work, home, children and an unsupportive (now ex!) husband.

Five years ago, I was a HOY in an inner-city London school which was extremely demanding. I earned a good salary but never had any spare cash - with hefty mortage, credit cards, the needs of my 3 kids and the alcoholic man who came home to sleep in the same flat when the pubs closed.

I didn't have the luxury option of having a nervous breakdown - I had to keep the ship afloat or the kids would have been taken into care.

How I survived it, I'll never know - apart from breaking free from him, and having to leave my job as a consequence of moving back to my old home.

I honestly don't think I could have such a demanding career again - I constantly felt torn between the needs of my co-workers and the students and my kids -who always seemed to lose out.

I look at how my mother managed with one child - and she just concentrated on her career - to the detriment of me!

For me, when something had to give, it was the ex and the job. The last few years, I've concentrated on my kids which has brought it's own stresses and demands - as I still feel very young myself.

I remember going to see a counsellor in my 20s - issues about my childhood that I just couldn't seem to get over - and telling her that I only felt about 14 and was so proud of myself when I managed to get myself dressed and go to work!

I still feel the same now - taking my littlest girl to the hospital had me wanting to treat myself with junk food as a reward for being a good mummy! It's like I didn't get praised for good behaviour as a child -it was expected! So I've always 'praised' myself with food.

I think of some mothers who've I've come across in my professional life, who abandon their children for the pub or drugs, who abuse their children mentally and physically and tell myself that I'm not doing too badly! Yet everytime I have a stressful moment, I want to fill myself with junk instead of allowing anyone else to make me feel good about myself.

I too, have tried the superfoods way of eating - I just ended up eating far too much! I can binge on fruit and veg, nuts and seeds just as easily as I can with takeaways!

I don't have an 'enough' switch!

So right now, I'm praising myself with abstinence - although it's terribly hard, I'm almost playing the martyr.....am filling my soul with the smell of my own burning flesh!!

So, please don't think you're the only one who's feeling stressed, confused about food, trying hard not to listen to the chatterboxes and generally miserable because life is just SO DAMN HARD!

I am still feeling like this, despite being happier than ever before in my entire life!

Nuts, huh?

Anyhoo - Clucks and TTIR - I truly hope that you both feel a little better for sharing such deep, personal feelings and knowing that you two are most certainly not alone.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Isobel what a brave, thought provoking and honest post, thank you.

Thank you everyone!

Thank you everyone for your support and pm's.

I have done a lot of thinking and soul searching and think I have a plan for a way forward developing although I am not sure.

I am going to give myself a break from trying too hard for a couple of days, only to feel terrible for not succeeding. I am not giving myself permission to binge but I am giving myself permission to relax whilst I think and heal a bit as I am feeling really quite raw.

I have avoided the laxetives last night and have no desire to take tonight despite not having a perfect day.

Thanks again to everyone for your support.

Good night everyone, I am heading to bed "early".

this site is so amazing and i'm truly just in awe at the amount of support everyone has and also to what you guys have been through.... i know we all have our 'issues' and its all relative but i feel just a little bit silly with my 'issues' after reading the last few posts...

huge big hugs and love going out to you all and healing will come to you all...

love

Gen xxx

Thank you so much for your support everyone.

A little update!

I have made a few decisions about what I am going to do and I have some more decisions to make, but, I feel much better right now.

Firstly I spoke to my LL counsellor and she is a very wise lady indeed. She made me realise that I need to get myself back into adult mode, I have very much been in rebellious child. I was a little bit upset because I thought I wanted advice and guidance but actually what I wanted (and I realise that now) is for someone to take on the parent role and tell me what to do and how I should do it - quite rightly she wouldn't tell me what to do and I completely totally and utterly understand and respect that.

So I have spent the last few days getting into adult mode - and whilst I am getting there, with an odd dip into child, I'm not 100% there yet.

In preparation, I have been re-reading my foundation books, I have dug out some of my management CDs (god knows where the others are - floating around my car somewhere probably) and I am going to make sure that I listen to them daily. I'm not sure if it is brainwashing or not lol but it seems to work, by getting right into my subconscious and making me feel stronger.

In adult mode, I have decided that I really ought to take a step back and celebrate my success to date. I am still 3.5 stone lighter than I was six months ago and I have only put on 4 lbs since I went into Management three months ago.

I am the size 14 I wanted to be and I love my new clothes and wardrobe (although of course I would love some more!!).

I have also decided that as much as I love Cambridge flavours at the moment it isn't the right way forward for me. If I am going to sole source (and that is a big if) or do a pack based programme - I want and need the support of the group and my LL counsellor.

With LL I have two options, I can either go into development and do another month on food packs to shift this last stone and then do management again and reintroduce the food slowly.

Or I can go straight into Management.

However, I am not sure whether that is a route for me either at the moment, nothing has changed the fact that the weather is truly horrendous and I have the journey from hell to get to the meetings at the moment.

I have also been playing with the idea of managing my weight using exercise and a food based system. I was contemplating doing the food doctor diet and I have the book to lose the last stone but right now don't have a burning urge to stick to a diet 100%. What I want to do is maybe lose a few more pounds but more than that I want to manage and control what I am eating and I want to enjoy and celebrate how far I have come. As a consequence of having a healthier diet and exercising more that I do lose this last stone (or half stone) then that is fantastic, if I maintain this weight then hey that is totally brilliant too - how can it not be - I'm a size 14 something I haven't been since my mid-teens!!!!!

I am therefore at the moment erring towards a mixture of things. I still have loads of cambridge and lighter life food packs left so I may have those for my breakfast, I love cottage cheese and salad for lunch which I am thinking of having with a LL soup, and then I may follow it with a food doctor inspired dinner. As snacks, I will be having a handful of seeds, fruit or other low GI snacks.

By doing a mixture I am hoping that I will be able to strike a balance with my blood sugar which won't cause a binge, I know I am still getting some nutrician through the food packs, and I will be eating a healthy nutricious meal as well.

I joined a gymn last week and today I have been swimming all afternoon with the kids. I am going again for a swim on Monday morning, really seriously hoping to get to an aquafit class on Monday evening (although that may not happen due to circumstances beyond my control), I am going belly dancing on Tuesday and other dancing on Wednesday and I have a one on one session with a gymn instructor on Friday.

I still don't know if I am going to return to LL, I really want the support of the counselling and group but it really does depend on the weather right now and I still have to decide whether I want to go back on food packs for the month.

Today has been a fab day, I had a shake for breakfast, cottage cheese on crackerbread for lunch, two hours of swimming and then I came home and had another crackerbread with cottage cheese as I was starving.

We went out for dinner tonight to pizza express and I had THE most fabulous salad for dinner, I thoroughly enjoyed it (mushrooms and mozzerella with balsamic vinegar and honey mustard), and for desert I had figs soaked in cinammon syrum with creme freche - although I had the figs and left the creme freche for my husband with all the syrup). I didn't feel deprived or upset that I didn't get a pizza, I enjoyed eating, the tastes and textures - something that would never have happened before LL.

Oh yes and I have removed my weight loss ticker and changed my signature. I am taking the pressure off myself for a while and don't feel that I need to keep looking at how far I have to go, I just want to celebrate my achievements to date!!

OK that isn't exactly a little update now is it?

ps, NO LAXITIVES TAKEN SINCE THE BIG CONFESSION!

Last edited:
hey hun....my goodness what a difference a day makes eh? You sound so much clearer about what you are going to do and how you are going to get there...so so glad you have realised about celebrating how far you HAVE come rather than how far you have to GO...that was my lightbulb moment on thursday and its made a real difference to my state of mind...OK so Ive nibbled chicken, had a couple of vodkas and too many LL bars in one sitting but Im still patting myself on back for it NOT being a binge and NOT being totally out of control...now that im being less hard on myself i think/hope Im more likely to get where i want to be and i think you will do the same.:eek:

Walking around feeling so imperfect is like walking round with blurred vision...:(

SO SO chuffed for you hun..let us know how you get on..know what you mean about the weather..it can be scary driving in these blustery winds...:cool:

Sending you much love, wishing you much joy and happiness....:D

Keep posting
keep smiling
keep remembering just how far you have come

hey hun....my goodness what a difference a day makes eh? You sound so much clearer about what you are going to do and how you are going to get there...so so glad you have realised about celebrating how far you HAVE come rather than how far you have to GO...that was my lightbulb moment on thursday and its made a real difference to my state of mind...OK so Ive nibbled chicken, had a couple of vodkas and too many LL bars in one sitting but Im still patting myself on back for it NOT being a binge and NOT being totally out of control...now that im being less hard on myself i think/hope Im more likely to get where i want to be and i think you will do the same.:eek:

Walking around feeling so imperfect is like walking round with blurred vision...:(

SO SO chuffed for you hun..let us know how you get on..know what you mean about the weather..it can be scary driving in these blustery winds...:cool:

Sending you much love, wishing you much joy and happiness....:D

Keep posting
keep smiling
keep remembering just how far you have come

Thanks Nic, you are so right of course, the feeling of failure was horrible and actually I haven't failed, I have done everything I have said I was going to do - I always said size 14, it is more other people's pressures to get to that elusive 10 or 12 than my own, I realise that now. I have accomplished what I set out to do and I am going to enjoy that too.

In the food doctor books, he says that you should live by the 80/20 principle and that I think is bang on, I want to eat healthily for 80% of the time but I also realise that actually I want a bit of chocolate and providing that isn't a binge on chocolate but just a taste then why the heck shouldn't I have some - it is feeling that I shouldn't that was leading me to sneak eat and then to binging.

Thanks for your support, nice to see you so positive as well. What a difference a week makes indeed!

Hi TTIR

Really glad to hear how you are thinking through all your options. Your post seems so calm I think talking things over with the LL counsellor and also your hubbie has been good for you. I have no advise, this has been a difficult week for me too the most difficult since starting CD.

This week I decided I wasn't going to follow any plan at all as I didn't want to have rules to break and I wanted to assess my eating behaviours given complete freedom. It has told me that I haven't come very far and would soon slip back to my old ways. Each day I have deteriorated more and so has my emotional state. I know I can't give my self freedom now. I will need to follow a plan and and also know I need to focus more on other things in my life in order to fix my eating problems. I knew that in the beginning really but was just hoping! I am curious about LL I think it would have suited me in many ways although CD suited me in many ways too.

TOTM started today too so I'll pick up a bit now I think and will be joining the gym too in a day or two. I have tried to post on yours and Clucks thread a few times over the last few days but deleted before posting and also done the same with PM's. I apologise as I would have liked to have added my support however I did feel you would understand and had lots of great support anyway.

It's been a real emotional week but I am determined to turn a corner this week just as you. Enjoy the rest of the weekend will be watching out with interest to see the choices you make and how it going.

Dizzy xx

Hi TTIR

Really glad to hear how you are thinking through all your options. Your post seems so calm I think talking things over with the LL counsellor and also your hubbie has been good for you. I have no advise, this has been a difficult week for me too the most difficult since starting CD.

This week I decided I wasn't going to follow any plan at all as I didn't want to have rules to break and I wanted to assess my eating behaviours given complete freedom. It has told me that I haven't come very far and would soon slip back to my old ways. Each day I have deteriorated more and so has my emotional state. I know I can't give my self freedom now. I will need to follow a plan and and also know I need to focus more on other things in my life in order to fix my eating problems. I knew that in the beginning really but was just hoping! I am curious about LL I think it would have suited me in many ways although CD suited me in many ways too.

TOTM started today too so I'll pick up a bit now I think and will be joining the gym to in a day or two. I have tried to post on yours and Clucks thread a few times over the last few days but deleted before posting and also done the same with PM's.

I apologise as I would have liked to have added my support however I did feel you would understand and had lots of great support anyway. It's been a real emotional week but I am determined to turn a corner this week just as you. Enjoy the rest of the weekend will be watching out with interest to see the choices you make and how it going.

Dizzy xx

Hi Dizzy,

So sorry to hear you aren't in a great place at the moment, don't be daft about not posting your support, I realise that my posts earlier in the week probably opened a lot of wounds for people and I wasn't going to post again on the subject but hope that by doing so it will help others????

Dizzy, what you have described has been how I have been feeling totally, out of control without the structure but also wanting to break all the rules (I am terrible at keeping to rules, I am a real rebel, always have been, I hate being told what to do).

I really think that a VLCD is brilliant as a first step in the weight loss process - it helps you shift a huge amount of weight very quickly but I also think that it is near on impossible to follow for much more that five or six months due to our very nature as human beings - it gets to a point where we want to eat real food and not survive on a diet of liquid chemicals! I also think that mentally it is very hard to do after a while and definately after you start nibbling as that gives you the taste for real food again.

One of my major worries earlier in the week was that I was out of control and yet I wasn't - I haven't put on any weight at all since I returned from my holiday two weeks ago and I have actually managed to loose three or four pounds but wasn't giving myself credit for that.

I think you need to start by seriously congratulate yourself on how far you have come and then look at moving forward.

I am not taking anything away from Cambridge because I think the packs are far nicer and even though I didn't really get to know my counsellor well I could see she was excellent at what she did, the CBT and TA counselling is what has made a real impact on me, I was just choosing to ignore that for a while - I realise that now.

I know that I wouldn't have come this far without LL, because my food issues would still have been there, this way I am able to analyse my behaviour and understand why I am doing things and thinking things. That really does help me.

Good luck Dizzy, and please celebrate how far you have come!

Think you are a very brave lady TTIR and I have read your post in awe. You have come so far, done so well .... and I want to wish you all the good luck in the world on your final bit of the journey.

For what it's worth I think you have made the right decision for you .... and you have not gone into it without a lot of thought, consideration and research.

Well done on the trip to pizza express - on joining a gym and being kind to yourself.

As far as "opening wounds for other people" - then i think you have done a lot of people who only read and don't post a favour by talking about a subject that is not often discussed.

love_19.gif

Thanks Nic and Bev.

Just a quick update. So far so good, I had a bit of a blip on Monday (involving a small portion of chips and cheese sneakily eaten on the pretext of going out to get cash) knowing damn well that the cash machine I chose to go to was next door to the chippy. Lesson to self - if hungry and needing cash go the cash machine at the garage instead!!

But apart from the chip incident, everything else is going well. Did an hour swimming on Monday, had a great day yesterday in terms of food, everything healthy so that was good, plus I went belly dancing.

Tonight I am hoping to get to another dance class but have parents evening so depends whether I am finished or not.

My scales have run out of battery which is a nightmare but is currently being used to good effect as I am using my clothes to tell me how I am doing.

Work is very busy which is why I haven't been on for a while, today is another busy one which is great as it distraction from concentrating on food and eating.

OK gotta get the kids to school.

Back