Mmmm thai food and ginger and lemon water!

thetimeisright

To celebrate my losses!
Hi,

I have just posted this on introductions so sorry for a cross post! This pretty much says it all but I need to add that I am not starting to SS until the 1st January as I am going out with friends tomorrow night and have only just returned from Portugal today. I will go weigh myself soon (dreading it) and will really start afresh on Monday with Day 1 of sole sourcing (oh heck I can't wait and am dreading it all in one).

I have had a lovely holiday, eaten what I wanted within reason knowing that I am restarting this week but have also tried to make wise choices some of the time as well (not all of the time but hey ho some is better than none!!)

Anyway here is the mammoth introduction post!

hello,

I have been a member here before but have been going it alone for a few months months but have decided to come back into the fold - with a difference - I am about to swap from lighter life to cambridge to finish what I started.

A brief history - I have lost 4 stone with LL and am a huge massive fan of the counselling. I had another stone to lose and it was always my intention to do a months worth of SSing after management as I wanted to be properly back on food for Christmas and my holiday but knew I had a further stone to lose to hit my "normal" bmi.

I have decided that rather than do the 40 mile round trip to my local LL counsellor that I will finish the last month/stone (ish) with Cambridge. In many ways it feels like a betrayal as I really am a huge fan of LL and the counselling but the journey was hard enough without the bad weather and I was getting more and more panicky doing the journey in the wind and rain as it is down dark country roads from here :( to the point of having panic attacks :(

But I am looking forward to getting back on the wagon. I have given myself the last 10 days off as I was on holidy and haven't yet weighed myself to see what the damage is but I already had my first session booked in with my new counsellor for next Saturday. I am going to use my remaining LL packs from the 1st to the 6th so I get a bit of a headstart.

I need this site to keep me on the straight and narrow but felt the time was right to have a bit of a change of identity for this new stretch of my journey (especially as I haven't yet told anyone that I'm not returning to LL). I also feel a bit of a phoney for moving to CD from LL as I so totally believe the counselling is what made a difference to me in my journey :rolleyes:

Hello!!

Nice to have you here. :) I have been a regular member on minimins until a few weeks ago when i started to get fed up with the whole dieting thing. I still have 2 1/2 stone to lose and feel like you that the time is right to lose the rest.

Great job on losing 4st and good luck with the last bit. I know people who have lost with LL and loved the counselling. Dont feel like a phony doing CD now. It's just whatever is right for you. I look forward to reading your posts. x

Hello!!

Nice to have you here. :) I have been a regular member on minimins until a few weeks ago when i started to get fed up with the whole dieting thing. I still have 2 1/2 stone to lose and feel like you that the time is right to lose the rest.

Great job on losing 4st and good luck with the last bit. I know people who have lost with LL and loved the counselling. Dont feel like a phony doing CD now. It's just whatever is right for you. I look forward to reading your posts. x

Hello you!!

How are you doing? I have been wondering how you were getting on? Are you going to SS again or did you decide to join WW (I think you were toying with the idea last time I read your diary thread??)

It's CD again for me - it works so am going to bite the bullet and get through the pain barrier!! lol

Have had a rough time recently - but am back feeling good again so it's time to conquer this once and for all!!!!

SNAP!

Lost 4stone on LL, messed around with last stone/management etc so now my new tactic for 2007 is to aim for 9 and a half stone instaed of 10 and a half...make it more of a challenge i guess!:eek:

I start on 2nd jan and like you excited but crapping it allt he same...2007 WILL be my slimmest year yet!;)

Good luck, enjoy new years eve..raise a glass to slimdom huns!:p
x

You will do it. Welcome! xxxx

I am aiming for 12St initially, but want to get to 10Stones 5Ibs.

To get to my first goal I'll need to lose 7St 5Ibs.

So what I'm trying to say is, I'm there with you.

Hugs and all!

Cah_Ching xxx

Im with ya for encouragment all the way x

It's CD again for me - it works so am going to bite the bullet and get through the pain barrier!! lol

Have had a rough time recently - but am back feeling good again so it's time to conquer this once and for all!!!!

Hi Helen,

Hope day 2 is going OK for you? Let me know how you get on.

SNAP!

Lost 4stone on LL, messed around with last stone/management etc so now my new tactic for 2007 is to aim for 9 and a half stone instaed of 10 and a half...make it more of a challenge i guess!:eek:

I start on 2nd jan and like you excited but crapping it allt he same...2007 WILL be my slimmest year yet!;)

Good luck, enjoy new years eve..raise a glass to slimdom huns!:p
x

How are you N? Are you holding up OK? Are you continuing with LL or are you moving on to CD?

You will do it. Welcome! xxxx

I am aiming for 12St initially, but want to get to 10Stones 5Ibs.

To get to my first goal I'll need to lose 7St 5Ibs.

So what I'm trying to say is, I'm there with you.

Hugs and all!

Cah_Ching xxx

Hi Cah-Ching, you will do it, as Vicky keep saying, keep your eye on the ball and your head down. It isn't easy but I never thought I would be seeing 2007 (or any year) in as a size 14. I will be reading your posts with interest and wish you every success. You are right to have two goals, I did that, I believe in bite size chunks - break everything down into little chunks that are manageable.

Good luck.

Im with ya for encouragment all the way x

Thanks Vicky. I have been following your diary for a good while and you have been a complete inspiration. Well done you :) :)

Well day one and so far so good. I am a terrible "picker" but right now have resisted doing anything that will break my resolve. I am hoping that by staying away from popping odd bits in my mouth it will keep me stronger and make this journey easier.

I woke up late which was great because it meant a good portion of the day was spent asleep lol. I have had a vanilla coffee and I am going to go make myself a soup now because I am getting peckish.

Last night we went out for dinner which was great, I ate what I wanted and drank plenty but don't feel deprived at all now, and my head seems to be in the right place.

Slowly slowly a minute at a time, each minute that passes without me sticking something in my mouth will take me a minute closer to my ultimate goal of being a size 12 in time for my twins birthday party come mid February.

OK now to go tidy up, because I still haven't fully unpacked from the holiday yet!!

Just edited to say, I am so excited about finishing what I started, I just need to hold on to this feeling forever!!

Well that is day one done. We went to see Mama Mia tonight (brilliant, absolutely brilliant) and it was quite hard because the kids were busy munching on sweets and ice cream, I took a bar with me, hopefully it won't delay me getting into ketosis but if it does at least I didn't succum to eating rubbish and hey ho, it will only delay a small bit (although I have to say my chatterbox is telling me that if I am going to delay getting into ketosis I should at least be doing it in style lol).

I could eat a scabby horse now I am that hungry but am going to go to bed instead.

Well done for staying strong!! I am with you on the scabby horse thing. I am so hungry it's got to the weepy stage where i'm actually tearful because i'm so hungry!!!!

keep going - you can do it - we both can!!!! :)

Thanks Helen, it is so hard isn't it. I really struggled last night :(

Today I am very headachey and ratty. I am glugging the water for all I'm worth at the moment but that isn't helping much either and I am really cold, moan, moan, moan!!

Hopefully I will be back in ketosis within the next few days and then it will be a whole different ball game.

Eyes on the prize and all that ...

Continual grazing

I am struggling not putting something in my mouth constantly. One of the things I realised whilst away and also just before that whilst doing management is that I like to be chewing all the time. Generally whilst doing management I managed to contain this continual grazing with stuff like grapes, a measured amout of seeds that I had in a little dish that I dipped into, vegetables and an odd teaspoon of cottage cheese - nothing high calorie but it was a constant nibbling all the way through.

I have been wondering if it would be possible to have some sort of chewing gum in my mouth instead - so that my jaw feels as if it is going but it isn't doing any damage to me or preventing me getting into ketosis. I really can't see any other way of doing this at the moment, the urge to pick is horrendous and the vast majority of the time I don't even realise I am doing it.

This isn't even a case of willpower because most of the time I'm not even aware that I am doing it.

I know I need to bring it into my counsciousness and when I am back into maintaining, I need to make sure that I plan for three meals plus regular planned for snacks, but, that doesn't help me right now!

Anyone have any suggestions?

I must admit I use airwaves black mint chewing gum. I know that for some people it can kick off cravings, and act of chewing can make them feel hungrier, but it makes so much difference to me.

Try a little bit of chewing gum, but only for as long as there is some flavour and monitor your responses :)

Thanks DQ, I will buy some airwaves whilst I'm out. I had some chewing gum last night and it didn't kick off any cravings at all, I just felt much better for having my jaw doing something!!

I wonder if Orbit is OK as that is what I have had - don't suppose you know do you?

Fabulous, thank you, chewing gum is a major no no on LL.

Thank you. :) :) :)

It is amazing what small things can make you happy!!

Sugar free gum is ok....Timeisright....however, please also have a look at my post on your Chewing Gum thread...:)

Back