::mOd-kArEn79's DiArY::

A stress risk assessment eh? That could be interesting!

what the hell do i tell them?

i told my other manager my workload was getting on top of me! but it's actually all the bits in between. i go to work one day and think 'right, i'll do this, this and this' and you end up doing none of it!

Tell them the truth - I was in a similar situation this time last year..I bottled up a very stressful incident, once it was all over i let my guard down and it all got to me, I ended up having 4 months off.

(due to difficulties in another office, I couldn't update the risk assessment on a low risk client, whilst I was away he transferred out of our area and into another, on my return from leave I noticed he was back in my area with 3 days left to run on his licence (making him my responsibility again!) once again the transferring area had not released the risk assessment to my area and it could not be updated.......7 days after his licence ended he murdered someone........I was held accountable for the reason that I hadn't completed the risk assessment!!!!!)

Due to the pressure I put myself under I ended up with CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) I wouldn't wish this on you Karen.

flippin' 'eck! no wonder you went off work!

i had a client from april until july who was involved with a sex offender, who she thought was her father. it was all very grim and she ended up going back to live with him!!! that really took it out of me - i ended up crying on the day she moved out because he groomed her to go back with him and the fact that she was so vulnerable and incapable of making the right choice makes it so much harder to switch off at the end of the day. we're not allowed to tell clients what to do, but let them make informed choices.... all she wanted was someone to tell her what to do! argh!!! my job isn't physical but it's mentally and emotionally draining.

I couldn't do your job, it would drive me mad not being able to stop low-lifes like that doing what they do

I couldn't do your job, it would drive me mad not being able to stop low-lifes like that doing what they do

most of the time i believe that empowering clients to make their own decisions is the right thing to do, but in cases like the one i mentioned above i just wanted to tie her up in the cellar until she was old enough to realise what's what!

I know what you mean, you just want to bang sense into them and make them see what everyone else can see

I know what you mean, you just want to bang sense into them and make them see what everyone else can see

yeah - i want to do that pretty much every day! lol

...but i have to take a step back and think they probably haven't had the kind of parents and upbringing i have and therefore haven't developed the lifeskills to make good decisions.

i've had one client who i can only describe as ferrel!!! he had no lifeskills, no foresight or understanding of consequences, no nothing! i've never met anyone like him before or since and i swear he was ditched on heathland at birth and was brought up by foxes! it was so sad - he couldn't hold a tenancy down and ended up in the night shelter and living in crack dens, etc. :(

arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!! i finished work at 10:15pm and it's now 1am! i'm wide awake and have to be up just before 7am as i start work at 8am.

got my flippin' job interview tommorrow, but still undecided if i'm going to go to it or not. will see how i feel during the day - it's not til the afternoon.

Good luck with the interview. That is a tight schedule. Luckily my job is governed by a legal document that states that we can't work more than 12 hours and we have to have a minimum of 12 hours rest between shifts!

Good luck with the interview. That is a tight schedule. Luckily my job is governed by a legal document that states that we can't work more than 12 hours and we have to have a minimum of 12 hours rest between shifts!

ours probably is too but my company is cack! lol ...i don't mind though as i get to finish at 3:30pm.

i went to the interview and it was ok... it only lasted about 15 minutes though, which means i either said everything right, or someone else has already got it and they were just following procedure. i'm guessing the latter.

the reason for this conclusion is ...i was driving home and had to stop at some traffic lights. whilst sat there twiddling my thumbs i look over at a cafe and the head of bournemouth youth service was sat outside drinking coffee....this is the man who rang me back in june to tell me i didn't get the sexual health worker post i went for. now is that freaky or what??? i haven't had any other interviews since that one.

It's not fair when jobs are advertised just because they have to advertise them and haul people in fo interviews for nothing

i know - that's what happened at the last interview. i'm not being big headed or anything, but i should have been offered that sexual health worker post and funnily enough it went to someone who already works for them! they offered me her post, which, in hindsight, i wish i had taken!

i got in a right flap this morning when i saw that plan crash in madrid :( it's so sad

...i have a real phobia of flying - i get in to a right state. everytime i fly there's a plane crash...i was in Corfu when 9/11 happened, last year when i was in Nice that plane crashed in Thailand and now this! ARRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

...have booked a GP appointment for tommorrow to get something to sedate me a little!

Back