::mOd-kArEn79's DiArY::

friday 14th january 2011 !!!!!

breakfast: baked beans with 3 cauldron lincolnshire sausages (1.5 syns)

lunch: leftover veggie bolognaise pasta bake (pasta, beanfeast, tinned tomatoes, red onion, mushrooms, cheese (A))

dinner: w/m cheese and tomato sandwich (B + A), mccoys crisps (8 syns) and activia fat free yogurt ....fell asleep after work and woke at 8.30pm!

snacks: fibre plus (B)

syns: 9.5

Last edited:
Taz said:
What's fibre plus?

They're a bloody lovely cereal bar by Kellogs. You can have 1 as a B and if you like chocolate they're so much nicer than Alpen lights. On offer in Tesco at the mo 3 boxes for price of 2.

They're the future Taz, you'll love them, can get milk chocolate ones or dark chocolate and.. almond?? LUSH! x

Ooh haven't tried the fibre plus bars, I'll have to have looky lu when I'm in Tesco next. Diary for today looks good and good luck with having a rethink about your post WI treat.

Q

...not sure what to have for dinner tonight. fancy something nice though. might order an indian - vegetable byriani is 14 syns!

saturday 15th january 2011

brunch: veggie bolognaise pasta bake (pasta, beanfeast, tinned tomatoes, red onion, mushrooms, cheese (A))

dinner: CHINESE TAKEAWAY - plain boiled rice, stir fried mixed vegetables (6.5 syns) and curry sauce (6 syns?) and low fat activia yogurt

snacks: fibre plus (B), low fat activia yogurt, pagen rolls (B) with laughing cow deli blue cheese (A) and sliced pear

syns: 12.5

Last edited:
...just had a call from boyfriend asking what i fancy for dinner.

he offered a "big fat pizza" or frankie & bennys (dangerous!). i love both but declined.... so he offered up chinese takeaway - will probably be going with that. will decide when he gets home.

sunday 16th january 2011

brunch: 3 cauldron lincolnshire sausages (1.5), baked beans, mushrooms, w/m toast (B), hash brown (2 syns) and ketchup (1 syn)

dinner: cheesy vegetable pasta bake (pasta, white sauce (5 syns), cheese (2 x A's), mushrooms, courgette, aubergine, green beans, peppers and quorn pieces)

snacks: fibre plus bar (B), 2 low fat activia yogurts, biscuit (2 syns)

syns: 11.5

Last edited:
monday 17th january 2011

breakfast:
low fat activia yogurt and a banana

lunch: leftover cheesy vegetable pasta bake (pasta, white sauce (4.5 syns), cheese (2 x A's), mushrooms, courgette, aubergine, green beans, peppers and quorn pieces)

dinner: homemade houmous, 2 w/m pitta (2 x B), lettuce, tomato, red onion, pepper, cucumber, olives (1 syn) and crisps (8 syns)

snacks: activia low fat yogurt

syns: 13.5

Last edited:
nooooo we had a chinese takeaway instead - boiled rice, stir fried mixed vegetable and some curry sauce drizzle over the top.

he had chicken noodle soup, chips, curry sauce and quarter duck. he ate the lot in one sitting!

tuesday 18th january 2011

breakfast: alpen lights (B)

lunch: homemade houmous, 2 w/m pitta (B), lettuce, tomato, red onion, pepper and cucumber...crusty bread (6 syns) and cheese (A)..it's someone birthday at work and someone brought in some bread and cheese as he doesn't like cake. i decided to have some as part of my syns for the day and it was bloody lovely!

dinner: chickpea dahl and couscous

snacks: activia low fat yogurt, banana, Oreo (2.5 syns) and a skinny cow(4.5 syns)

syns: 13

Last edited:
i'm contemplating taking next week as holiday from SW. it's my birthday on monday so will probably be going out for dinner a few times over the weekend and on monday with different people (i.e. family, then friends, then boyfriend). will be looking at a gain...... as it's so close to weigh-in. as i'm typing this i'm thinking maybe it's a bad idea to take a week off and just face the music!

Just had to sit through a power cut. Called the power suppliers and it was only us and another house that were affected. My dad went into meltdown - when he's wound up he gets a mixture of anxiety and anger and is a nightmare to be around when he's like this. I then end up snapping back.

He definitely suffers with anxiety and had a panic attack earlier but can't seem to associate his symptoms with anxiety. Grrr!! I've tried to get him to talk to the gp but he won't.

Lasted over 2 hours so didn't have the dinner I wanted. :( ....just heated a tin of chickpea dahl up with a but of couscous. I forget how filling it is!

Last edited:
Hi hun, glad you've got the electric sorted out now and hope your Dad has had a cup of tea and a sit down. It's your birthday hun but..... I'd def not have the week off plan as we both know how hard it is to go back, it's only your birthday once a year so enjoy it and accept the gain xxx

once he calmed down he was relaxed and chatty then as soon as the electricity came back on he dragged the table with the candles away from him when one was still lit and split wax on the carpet, then tried blaming my mum!

i've been thinking more about taking a week off and i think it would just be returning to my old behaviours. if i gain i gain and can always lose it for the following week. i need to get over this issue i have about the 'shame' of gaining when i should be losing and use the class to refocus for the next week. :)

I think you would be right to draw a line under it and move on. If you miss WI the celebrations may go on a bit longer than planned. Once you have been to WI that will mark the end of the gain

Back