Molly & Sam Race to Target

1.5lb off tonight :) maybe I'm back in the game. Actually even better I got my 1/2 st group award and sticker but even better again it means I have hit 5st!!! Yay :)

Starting line with 12 furlongs to go.

Sam is now off the starting line and is at the 11.5 furlong marker.

Molly still leading and is at the 8.5 furlong marker.:)

As much as I agree with the sentiment I would very much like to punch Linda barker in her Botox-ed face. Hey Linda, the 90s rang....they want you back!

I agree. I just can't bear her. She is another celeb using her body and her losses to get back in the limelight. Just more successfully than Claire Richards, Natalie Cassidy et al. You can bet your bottom dollar she has/had a personal trainer to get those washboard abs. There is something about that woman that severely rubs me up the wrong way. Even seeing her name gets me het up haha ;)

Rant over, moving on now.

And what about you LTL? No hiding your light under a bushel, 5st no less. Well done Mrs! Who needs Linda Barker, Natalie Cassidy, Claire Richards et al when we have Molly and Sam (minus the botox of course) :D

It's very hard to get your head around such a big loss, especially in such a short space of time. I bet you must surprise people who haven't seen you for a while Molly?

People I've known for years, who haven't seen me for a while, literally just walk past me in the street these days Jeanne - I'm just not recognisable as the same person any more apparently. It's weird and exacerbated by my only just having started to wear clothes that fit me properly. Because I was effectively hiding the losses under my big clothes, now I'm wearing more fitted (and in the case of work, tailored) outfits, it gives the illusion that I've dropped several stone overnight (if only eh? ;) )

My head hasn't caught up either lol - I look in the mirror and still see fat me staring back. To be honest I'm probably more self conscious now than I was when I was at my biggest, but I guess I'll get used to it in time.

There are some drawbacks though ... on the walk back from WI on Monday I ran into my son in law who was popping to the pub with a work mate and stopped to say hello. The following day my daughter felt the need to tell me that said work mate had ventured the observation that he would "do Hattie's Mum - she's hot". Really not the kind of attention I want or need :grumble:

Oh my goodness. I need to get my head out of exam papers and check in more often!! 10st is AMAZING. that's like a whole person! You are such an inspiration. I Sd T S this week but I cut back too far and I know that. Ten stone. You must be a hit in your group. Do they all want to know your secret? I'm so so pleased for you :)

And don't pretend that on some primeval level you didn't see the compliment in the inappropriate comment ;)

Oh yes, I saw the compliment lol, but I've always hidden behind my weight so even relatively benign compliments make me uncomfortable - ones like that literally make me squirm!

I've actually lost my whole elder sister, as she pointed out to me this week LOL ... the scary bit is that I wouldn't want to pick her up and walk around with her for longer than a few seconds, yet I used to do that day in, day out - no wonder I was constantly tired!

I very rarely stay to group - I'm a 'weigh and run' member (again it's partly an attention phobic thing). I keep in touch with them via facebook more than face to face (our group has a corresponding closed FB group for support 24/7). The thing is that there is no secret - I just keep to the plan, keep a weather eye on rough calories at the same time and (at the moment at least) no longer view food as essential to my emotional wellbeing ... and that last one is something I really can't help others to achieve :(

I'm happy to do meal plans and even batch cooking sessions with my fellow group members and I do, but I can't switch that vital button for them - it's an individual journey as you know yourself (your 5 stone loss didn't materialize just by 'dieting' either! :D ).

Oooh - I know what I wanted to share with you Sam ... this week I tried a recipe variation using two of my favourites:

A tray of Mediterranean roast veggies (I used mixed peppers, butternut squash, aubergine, courgette, mushrooms, baby leeks and fennel bulb + garlic & thyme). Cook until almost done.

While that's cooking make up the tomato sauce from the aubergine/mozzarella recipe, but add a carton of passata as well. Pour it over the veggies and return to a hot oven for 20 minutes (you can top with HEa cheese if you like but it's just as nice without).

It's absolutely DELISH!! So thick that it's almost 'meaty' and completely superfree :D

Thank you! Sounds gorgeous. Another one for my recipe folder. I can't wait for my marking to finish so I can actually COOK something instead of grabbing quorn sausages from the freezer haha. Although tonight I made sweet and spicy chickpea rice from a print out I nabbed at my meeting. It was taken from one of the recipe books. It was really nice with some Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary sausages (yes sausages again :O ) basically mix tinned and rinsed chickpeas with zest and juice from a lime, fresh coriander (recipe says dried but I had fresh in t'fridge) dried cumin, curry powder (I used tandoori) and I bunged in some fresh chilli. Stir and leave to sit. In a pan lightly fry some red onion and red pepper until soft, chuck on a handful of halved mini plum toms (reckon tinned would suffice they just happened to be on the super 6 at Aldi) stir in the chick pea mix and all the juices and stir in 300g (ish) cooked rice. Warm through and devour. I put some on the oxo tikka spice in at this point too as it sort of dissolves. It was very yummy. I'm very full.

Wow.

Nuff said

haha.

But seriously wow indeed. I'm feeling more on track this week. I'm definitely eating more but I want some of what you are having!! I want a loss to report this week too **stamps foot petulantly** ;)

Yes, well I live in hope haha. I might do a scan bran week from today as well to see if that boosts anything.... ;) I'm not out yet, particularly if you keep adjusting your target...adjust away :) we need to think about out beach bonanza slimming world picnic too soon if you are still up for it!

1lb off :) not quite a whoosh but a step in the right direction nonetheless. :)

Back