A birthday present to myself: to reach Target!

Hi everyone, just an update from weigh in last night. Copying this over from my diary - sorry it's a bit of an essay!

Morning diary. I must apologise to everyone for my negative attitude these last few days. Looking back now, I felt like I was slipping back into the old me, and I really don't want that to happen. Like I have said, I felt like I woke up in 2014 with a total different mindset. One that was more positive and determined than ever. I don't want to lose that, because look how well it got me through January. Like you all have said, this is one week and it can be turned back around. The support on here is second to none, and although I may not have replied to the comments you all left me, I did read them all and take in what you were all saying. So thank you for giving me the support and kick up the backside I needed.

Anyway, went to group and faced the scales last night. I gained 4.5lb which was expected. Actually I was expecting more if I'm honest, so I'm trying to look at that as a positive. Felt pretty angry and disappointed with myself to start with, but after chatting with some other members and taking part in IMAGE Therapy I left group feeling a lot better about things.

I have to admit to one last cheat night last night. I felt like I still had a few things to get out of my system. We had McDonalds and a few other goodies - a bottle of lucozade, a creme egg pots of joy, haribo and some chocolate. But I am not going to dwell on that.

Line drawn and today is a fresh start. I am ready to give that gain an a**-whooping!!

My gain last night means that I am now 25lb away from my target and have 22 weeks until my birthday. I have gone from being ahead of myself, to now being behind. But I know that I can catch back up. It gives me more of a reason to get back on the wagon and get focused again.

I also realised last night that this seems to happen to me every time I get to 11st 6.5lb. It's the lowest weight I've ever reached, but as soon as I reach it I seem to shoot right back up again. I have been there about 3 or 4 times now and have ended up sabotaging myself and taking a few steps backwards. It's a bit of a sticking point, but I went through a similar thing when I hit 12st. I struggled to break that stone bracket and get into the 11's, but I persevered and I got there in the end. So I just need to stick with it and break that barrier.

My plan of action this week is to just get back on it and forget what has happened last week. I am going to be completing SAS logs (as well as my usual food diary) just to keep a tighter check on everything this week, and I am also going to try and mix things up a bit. As much as I am not their biggest fan, I am going to try out some Extra Easy days again this week. I am Red and Green through and through, but sometimes I think our bodies need a bit of a shake up, and by mixing things around a bit, hopefully I will give myself a bit of a boost. I'm also going to try and have a different meals starting from this week too - even if it's just one a week. I've noticed myself getting into the habbit of eating the same things again, so to stop myself becoming bored and complacent I want to try different things. I'm having gammon tonight which I've not had in forever, so I'm looking forward to it. I also bought the "Family Feasts on a Budget" book last night and got the magazine, so will look in those for some inspiration.

The only danger area I can see this week is my Aunty Linda's 50th party on Saturday night. But my plan is to go completely dry. I know we still need to enjoy ourselves and live our lives, but at the moment I feel like I don't have enough control or restraint where alcohol is concerned. Look what it did to me this week - it left me spiralling out of control for 4 days! So it will be a no-go for me this week. All of the family will be there and I think Warren is coming too, so I know I will still be able to have a good time without having a drink. I did dry January and didn't miss it at all last month, so I know that I can do it really!

Sorry that this mornings post is a bit of an essay. I felt like I needed to get all of that written down so that I felt more accountable to myself and to anyone reading. It seems more set in stone when it is written down, and I am more likely to follow through with my plans. That's the theory anyway!

Thanks again to everyone for the support, advice and a**-kicking that I so needed. Today is my fresh start, and nothing is going to get in my way!

I think writing it down really helps.So nicely done princess have every faith in you working on a good week. :)
Plus you journey so far is a real inspiration and be very proud of yourself. You can do it. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Stevie, you have done so well on your journey, you should be proud! You went out at the weekend and enjoyed yourself, you will take it off next week so don't worry!

I lost 2.5lbs today so got my half stone award....and slimmer of the week, was so chuffed!

This weekend will be a bit of a challenge as I'm away to London with my Mum for the weekend. Will just need to try and stay on track as much as possible, if I get a maintain next week I will be pleased!

Well done on ur weight loss. Enjoy ur weekend. X

Yay, well done on the losses ladies!! :) have a great weekend xx

1lb on for me today....so 31 weeks to go til my birthday with 40lbs left til target. Completely doable I think!

Got to be done sometimes!

Your target is deff in reach janey. Keep going. X

Janey, I too think your target is definitely doable!

Forgot to mention I lost 4.5lb on Tuesday, which is what I had gained in the previous week. So that brings me back down to 11st 6.5lb and I now have 20.5lb and 21 weeks to go for my target / birthday goal. Hoping for a good loss this week to put myself that little bit further ahead, just in case. But will be happy with at least 1lb.

Have a great week everyone x

Happy Valentines day everyone :cupid: :heartpump:

Have a lovely day / night! xx

Did everyone have a good weekend? Did you do anything nice for Valentines Day?

Warren took me out to a lovely little Italian for tea. I knew we were going (he gave me a few options and asked me where would be best for us to eat) so I looked at the menu beforehand and was able to make SW friendly choices. Came home and had a bottle of low Syn wine and soda and stayed fully in control and am still well within my Syns allowance (I count my Syns 105 weekly rather than 15 daily). Was also totally on plan the rest of the weekend, even when he was tucking into the homemade millionaires shortbread and creme egg brownies I'd made him lol, they smelled divine! :drool:

So, am feeling confident for another loss tomorrow. Would love 1lb to keep me on track for my birthday / target goal, and to also conquer this sticking point of 11st 6.5lb. But if any additional lb's would love to fall off along with that, that would be grand ;)

Yay, another 2.5lb off for me last night. And I won Slimmer of the Week! :D

18lb and 20 weeks to go for my target / birthday goal!

Wow Stevie you have done brilliantly the last two weeks, well done! You're going to smash your target :)

I can't say I've done anywhere near as well....I put on 3lb this week, I've been so bad, only myself to blame!

Back