Molly & Sam Race to Target

Thanks :) I've got a mini target of being in the 11s for when I go to center parcs at the end of the month. I like the mini targets :)

Yay! :D I think it's normal for these last few pounds to be a bit of a struggle, but we'll get there!!

I'm not having a good week ... it's OK food wise but I've developed a massive abscess at the base of my spine (nothing that's diet or weight loss related) and have been put on high dose, heavy duty antibiotics which are making me tired, bloated and even more constipated than usual. I can't even take any time off because my only colleague who would normally cover me is off sick, recovering from knee replacement surgery, so I'm stuck with dragging myself into work like the walking (hobbling?) wounded Grrrrr.

Is it Friday yet? :(

Only 1lb off for me this week ... I'll be glad when this course of antibiotics finishes tomorrow, though I've now come down with a cold just to top things off LOL

I did get Slimmer of the Month for June though :) Onwards and downwards - I'm going back to my freezer stash this week as I'm wondering if the slower losses these last couple of weeks are down to me cooking fresh every night and thus overeating on protein.

So sorry to hear you've been poorly Molly, that abscess sounds awful bless you and clearly your immune system is a bit low if you've come down with a cold too. I think that's what's probably affecting your weight loss, I bet it will pick up again once you're feeling better, which I hope is very soon :)

Like we always say. 1lb is 1lb! I keep saying that in the hope it becomes true for me haha. WI tomorrow so will see if I can catch up

hope you are feeling better? Its awful being ill at this time of the year. Feels like such a waste! ;) :(

Thanks girls :) The cold is now at it's height and frankly I just want to crawl into bed and stay there, which is sadly not an option as I have no choice but to be at work. Hey-Ho, it's only a cold and it will go (and the abscess seems to have completely cleared up at least - Yay!!! )

Good luck for WI tonight Sam :D

1.5 off :) I wore jeans though. I had shorts on last week. That's GOT to be worth another lb haha

Absolutely worth another 1lb! Well done on your 1.5 that showed up on the scales though :D

Interestingly (or bizarrely perhaps lol) I was chatting to a lady the other day who had to have her leg amputated (not as part of some radical weight loss strategy needles to say!) and she told me that her WHOLE LEG only weighed 10lb!! That seems ridiculously low, or is it just me?

So ... 2 legs at 10lb each plus 2 arms - say 5lb each, plus head - which averages out at another 10lb (yes I actually did just Google that!) still only comes to 40lb. Which means that, in my case, my torso weighs in at around 110lb - that's ridiculous! I know it has all my internal organs and all, but still!

I'm not sure quite what I need all this information for mind you - I think I'm just feverish ;) LOL

I may wear my cossie. ;) then it can rain all it likes

Well I'm a happier bunny tonight ... 5lb off :D

To be fair I think that's largely down to having finished the anti-biotics, my cold being at it's tail end (I'm convinced I retain water when I'm ill) and finally giving in to taking dulco-lax on Saturday night (being ill bungs me up as well lol), but whatever it was I'm now officially less than half the woman I was 10 months ago :party0011:

I've finally taken the plunge and set an official target - 10 stone 2lbs, then I'm going to make a determined effort to boost my metabolism and tone by starting with some proper exercise (frankly I think that's going to be harder work than losing the weight - I HATE exercise - it's sooooo boring :( )

So 4lbs to go to my final target (which I've added to my stats)

To be fair I think that's largely down to having finished the anti-biotics, my cold being at it's tail end (I'm convinced I retain water when I'm ill) and finally giving in to taking dulco-lax on Saturday night (being ill bungs me up as well lol), but whatever it was I'm now officially less than half the woman I was 10 months ago :party0011:

I've finally taken the plunge and set an official target - 10 stone 2lbs, then I'm going to make a determined effort to boost my metabolism and tone by starting with some proper exercise (frankly I think that's going to be harder work than losing the weight - I HATE exercise - it's sooooo boring :( )

Wow. Just that.

Half the woman you were. That's nothing short of amazing. I can only imagine how you are feeling now. I'm so happy for you!!

Molly you are a bloody legend!!!! Insane attitude. I want to bottle you and sell you. Amaze balls xx

I like this idea.

Wouldn't get many bottles out of her though. Not these days. ;)

Another great week Molly, I bet you will hit target next week. And so to the next challenge, maintaining! I imagine it will be strange introducing a little more than you are used to? However, it will be nice to have some extra treats.

I know what you mean about the toning up bit, it's so hard to motivate yourself to do something, but I think it's about finding something you enjoy so it may be a case of trial and error for a bit while finding something you like and sticking with it.

I wish I had your faith Jeanne :) I'm not expecting to lose all of those 4lbs this week to be honest - I'll be happy enough to lose them over the next two/three weeks (I'm thinking of this week more as a 'consolidating' week lol).

Actually I'm dreading maintaining :( I love what I eat and would be quite happy to carry on as I am - adding stuff to it is going to take me right out of my comfort zone <stamps foot!!> . I have been thinking about it though and think I'm going to go with adding an extra HE every other day to start with and see how that goes. I'll probably utilise myfitnesspal while I'm finding my balance, so that I've got a rough idea of the calorie intake I need in order to maintain - I don't go as far as weighing food, but I find that being 'calorie aware' helps to keep me in control :)

LOL Blondcat and Sam! It's kind of a standing joke at my group that there is a waiting list for people who want to move in with me ;) Hmmm ... I do actually have a (newly decorated) spare room - perhaps I should consider offering SW 'retreats'. Not sure who the heck would want to go on a retreat to Luton mind you - it's hardly 'desirable destination' Central :rotflmao:

If you do decide to bottle me though, I warn you that you will need something the shape of those Matteus wine bottles (do they still sell that stuff?) ... wide bottomed to accommodate the still ample hips! :D

I'm hoping a poo before weigh in might help me.

Fat chance haha.

Right I'm ready to talk summer get together. I'll PM you :)

Maintained this week. I'll take that. For now..... ;)

No that's what I tell myself. Really I'm fortunate not to have gained over this period. Some time to focus should help this coming week :)

As expected a STS for me this week. Oddly (given how despondent I've been in the past about losses of 1lb or even more) I'm actually OK with that - last weeks was a huge loss at this stage of the game, I know I overate last week (on plan, but my portion sizes were too big for my evening meals) and I actually started to do some muscle tearing type exercise, so it's not a mystery lol.

This week I'm reducing my portion sizes and concentrating on just fidgeting (a lot) in an attempt to boost my metabolism :)

On Sunday I went and bought myself some new bodyshapers (the ones I was wearing were loose) ... I bought 34/B s. My poor boobies!! They are tight, but then they are meant to be aren't they? and on the plus side I think I may have just entered the realms of the 'corset diet' ... they are a definite aid to reducing portion size or feeling VERY uncomfortable ;) LOL.

Good luck for tomorrow Sam :D

Back