monday morning at home weigh in

Very pleased with a 3 and a quarter pounds loss this week! :D takes me to 14.0.25.... Ooo so close to the 13's it hurts!

Welcome back MummyKate - you can do this.

Sue - Exercise doesn't always show up that quickly. Plus the Wii estimate of calories used is a bit OTT. 90 minutes FAST walking only actually uses about 160 cals. And you are a pretty healthy BMI so you may be at one of your set points.

Me - gained 1 lb this week so now back to 1.5 lbs off target. Grrrrrr. But it was expected as I've had a really munchy week. Back to totally 100% this week and see if I can get there!

Hi Pommette

WII is definately OTT I use a Polar PT4 watch with band so go by actual calories burned rather than wii - which usually is double that what my watch says!

Seems to be the nearer we get to target the harder it is to get there - you will do it this week.

Am off to Benidorm tomorrow (only a 75 min drive) (bank hol) until Friday so I know its going to be a bad week - alcholic evenings - but plenty of walking so hopefully won't be too bad a gain next Monday.

Hi all,

Only just joined so hope it is ok to join in this conversation. I am also a monday "weigher" and as I do not go to a group I found reading through all your comments really helpful and uplifting!!

I have been on countless diets over the year and am hoping slimming world is finally going to be the diet to click for me - I have also taken up badminton and zumba once a week, and have been doing 3 hour sessions on my exercise bike and wii at home so ......... fingers crossed!!

Only 0.75lbs lost this week but I did have my bf's mums 60th birthday weekend celebrations so wasnt hopefull for a big loss!!

K

Hiya kirstym - welcome to our merry little band. I've tried loads of diets in the past too and SW has really worked for me, so lets hope it works for you too.

Sue - Enjoy Benidorm. We're going for Xmas again this year and I am so looking forward to it. Less than 8 weeks away - hurrah!

Kirstym - that's brilliant! well done you. Hopefully some motivation to keep you going and that SW works.

And so to me - been cold here and I've been having lots of green days to have some carbs and that's fatal for me.

With the result that I have a gain this week - okay it's only a ¼ lb GAIN which is okay considering I was 1 lb after a pasta fest on Saturday night. That's 2 gains in a row. Grrrrrrrr

So that leaves me 1¾ lbs from target - almost where I started 4 weeks ago. Even bigger Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Well, gutted, a 1lb gain for me. OK not great in Benidorm, not bad bad though and had a lousy bug on Saturday when I got home and couldn't keep anything down. So not sure how I managed to gain a 1lb should have lost (my stomach definately had nothing in it mid morning Saturday)!

Never mind, 10 lbs away from target now. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Just had a huge salad and having tuna pasta bake for tea - am going to be 100% good this week.

two pounds off for me hurray :) 4 pounds all together now. x

Thanks Pommette!!

How frustrating you and Sue did not lose this week - I have to be honest I don't always understand why some weeks are better than others, I don't think I done much different this week to last but a much bigger loss!

Sue - I notice you said you were 75 minutes from Benidorm, my parents have a place in Spain which is probably about 10 minutes drive from Torrevieja so you have made me want a holiday now :)

well done for your loss iwillbeaskinnykatie :)

K x

Kirstym - where is your mum & dad's place? I'm about 15 minutes from Torrevieja too!

Hi Everyone, please can I join in? I weigh at home on a Monday, I've had a lapse and I'm a bit off the mark to go back to class, after being a target member for a year and a half, I don't want to have to pay, the sad thing is that last time I weighed in at class I was only half a pound over and that should have been so easy to pull back but, as I couldn't get to class for a few weeks because of work, I'm afraid I fell right off track and I've been trying to get back on it ever since! Isn't it frustrating how quickly the weight goes on and how slowly it comes off!....anyway, I've lost 2lb this week, was hoping for a bit more after having 4 days of super speed soup but I can't complain, at least its a step in the right direction :)

Thanks Pommette!!

How frustrating you and Sue did not lose this week - I have to be honest I don't always understand why some weeks are better than others, I don't think I done much different this week to last but a much bigger loss!

Sue - I notice you said you were 75 minutes from Benidorm, my parents have a place in Spain which is probably about 10 minutes drive from Torrevieja so you have made me want a holiday now :)

well done for your loss iwillbeaskinnykatie :)

K x

Hi Kirstym was gutted at putting on, never mind, its another week now, glad you had a loss.

I live 10 mins drive from Torrevieja, Los Altos on the Orihuela Costa (just on the border of Torrevieja). Weather has got a bit cooler now though.

Hi Pommette we must be close too.
Sue - you're on the far side of Torre from me.
I'm in a tiny village called El Saladar - which you will have probably never heard of. Its just outside Almoradí about 15km inland from Guardamar!

Monday morning again, it comes round so quickly!!

1.5lbs off for me this week - chuffed as I wasn't expecting a loss this week due to a big loss last week, a day off plan and a sneaky peek on the scales midway through the week - that's it no more of them!!!

Good luck every one on your WI's today, only 5 more WI's till christmas!! :) K x

Last edited:
Just posted in the other Monday morning weigh in, but am feeling cockahoop!!

Had to stand on the scales twice! 6lb loss for me - most I have ever lost in one week.

Am now in the normal weight range no longer overweight, obese or worse!

I have lost 90lb in total and am extremely pleased, and 4lb away from my target weight whoooohooooo!

Good luck to all weighing today x

Kirstym - well done chica
Sue - 6lbs is mega. :woohoo:

Me? 1¼ lbs on. Third week in a row that I've had a gain.

I'm putting it down to being cold and eating too many carbs! :eatdrink023:
:beam: I've been faffing around since early September trying to get to target.

:needhug: and I am really going to kick a$$ this week.

Good luck everyone else.

Hi Pommette

Hug from me, you can do it. Think this week took into account last week, was disappointed no loss, so either scales have caught up or I need to change the battery!!

Back