monday morning at home weigh in

Thanks Bellybling, am not gonna let it put me off this week but if it happens again, then i might have to look at going back to red and green. When i tried EE last yr i did lose but it was quite slow. Oh well lets just see what next weigh in brings. Hope you are happy with your weigh in this week :)
Hugs chica - EE doesn't work for some people (I'm one of them) as carbs really affect me, and I overeat on carbs on EE. My loss was a ¼ to ½ lb a week on EE.
Have you also been snacking a lot? Another of my downfalls and I had to cut snacks out totally at one point to get any good loss.

Reds work best for me, which is what I mostly do, and staying off the snacks if I possibly can.
I'm a VERY slow loser and even on Reds I only lose about 1 lb a week at most - unless something exceptional happens like getting a tummy bug

Oh well - another 0.5 kg (1.1 lbs) gain. Over target slightly by about 0.35 kg (¾ lb) so still in range.
I know it's all the carbs as I've had an awful lot since Friday night.
Hubs now much better so we might get back to eating sensible food again.
Right - back on it this week and avoid all the bleddy carbs. I feel, and probably look, bloaty on my tum.

So, it was my first week this week weighing in from home and I only lost 1lb, I was a little annoyed so I fell off the wagon today. Has anyone got any ideas to try to regain what I messed up today? cheers guys.

Thanks Pommette and first i would like to say a big well done for reaching your target :clap:and am sure you will get that 3/4lb off in no time at all. Lots of people say that the hard work begins when you hit target and have to stay there but you seem to be keeping a very close eye on it which is more to be said about me. Whenever i lose weight i always gain it back again, so here's hoping this time i will learn something new lol. I tried EE last yr and the weight loses were slow but it did come off. I have not really picked apart from twice and that was only ham on celery. I have been really good making sure that i have my 1/3 of superfree. So i guess i will just have to stick to it and see what next week brings. And here's hoping for a good loss next week:)

Jomccrea try not to let it get you down, you have done better than me cos it was my first weigh in too and i stayed the same. Yeah i was gutted but i am hoping if i stick to it this week i will see a good loss next weigh in. Just write today off and start again tomorrow better to have 6 days in than none. I have snowballed out of control for weeks sometimes and you only gain more. So try your best not to let it get you down and full steam ahead for that loss next week. Oh yeah i nearly forgot when your next in the shops pick up 2 packs of lard and thats what you have lost this week. 1lb doesnt sound alot but when you look at in your hand it is. Keep your chin up:bighug:

Hi everyone - hats off to the losers :party0011: and a motivational group hug to all those who STS or gained (and I am one of them) :gen126:. It's a STS for me - I was really good at the beginning of the week but slowly fell off the wagon with a spectacular blow out on Saturday night!! - Ah well no use crying over spilled milk - back on the horse now and determined to see a loss this week. Have planned meals up to Wednesday all EE - and may try a few green / red days at the end of the week to see if this helps. So we will see in 7 days - until then happy reducing
xx

So, it was my first week this week weighing in from home and I only lost 1lb, I was a little annoyed so I fell off the wagon today. Has anyone got any ideas to try to regain what I messed up today? cheers guys.
As alsbaby said get straight back on plan - don't let it roll on to tomorrow. Deffo look at 2 packs of lard or butter - 1 lb is a nice steady loss. Ok you were expecting more in your first week but just carry on.

alsbaby - thanks a lot. Maintenance is tricky - this is how I've done since I got to final target at the ned of August last year.

wEhbHpH.png

It took me a year to lose 2 stone, a year of going up and down like a yoyo, then 2+ years maintenance although I gained a bit in the last 4 months. This kicked me up the bum to lose some more - so another year to lose 2½ stone in 2011 when I declared target. But then I decided to lose another ½ stone in the first 8 months of last year. So 5 stone in total.

It took me 151 weeks of really trying to to my original target.
So over the whole 151 weeks it was *** drum roll required here *** a massive 0.419 lb per week! The last ½ stone took 40 blumin' weeks so an absolutely mahoosive 0.175 lbs a week. Grrrrrr
That last ½ stone was a blinkin' nightmare and at times I began to regret even thinking about losing it!

So don't get downhearted at small losses - it does mean that you are more likely to keep it off long term.
Just keep plodding on - you can and WILL get there. As everyone finds though it is the maintenance that is challenging!
But it can be done - you just have to stick to the SW plan adding in a few extras, and not go back to overeating - which is probably why we all gained the weight in the first place.

Last edited:
OMG 5 stone thats fantastic!!:worthy: I know what you mean about slow and steady maybe am just to impatiant lol. I calorie counted last yr ( no the yr before) and lost 3 st but because i was only allowing myself 1000 cals which is not recommend at all i didnt learn a thing and its all back. I did try SW last year but got fed up after about 5 weeks,dont know why i just did. Am gonna try my best this time and i have proved it actually cos if i would have stayed the same in week 1 any other time it would have been off the chippy i go, not to mention the odd drink or two lol. I am determand because i feel horrible looking like this and i moan all the time and the only one who can do anything about it is me. Well done once again pommette you have done brilliant:clap:

OMG 5 stone thats fantastic!!:worthy: I know what you mean about slow and steady maybe am just to impatiant lol. I calorie counted last yr ( no the yr before) and lost 3 st but because i was only allowing myself 1000 cals which is not recommend at all i didnt learn a thing and its all back. I did try SW last year but got fed up after about 5 weeks,dont know why i just did. Am gonna try my best this time and i have proved it actually cos if i would have stayed the same in week 1 any other time it would have been off the chippy i go, not to mention the odd drink or two lol. I am determand because i feel horrible looking like this and i moan all the time and the only one who can do anything about it is me. Well done once again pommette you have done brilliant:clap:

Your right. Thats exactly what i do get disheartened so fast! I can do it ive done it with ww before. I can only do it for myself. Its me that drives to mcdonalds lol...We can do this!!!

After last week (1st) weigh in losing 11lb I didn't expect much but I lost 7lb on my 2nd week very pleased but I am also being very good we'll done to everyone. I was feeling a bit down the other day so I looked at it from another angle as from today my body is 9 bags of sugar lighter than 2 weeks ago keep going everyone will be so worth it in the end.

After last week (1st) weigh in losing 11lb I didn't expect much but I lost 7lb on my 2nd week very pleased but I am also being very good we'll done to everyone. I was feeling a bit down the other day so I looked at it from another angle as from today my body is 9 bags of sugar lighter than 2 weeks ago keep going everyone will be so worth it in the end.
Blumin' 'eck Slimmer-Paul. Way to go chico (errrr I assume you are a bloke!)

Omg how well are you doing! Its only early so forgive me if am wrong but aren't you only 2lb of 1st 7lb. That is just amazing:worthy: I would have to cut a leg off lol. Well done you!!!:clap: Keep up the good work.

Hi everyone - hats off to the losers :party0011: and a motivational group hug to all those who STS or gained (and I am one of them) :gen126:. It's a STS for me - I was really good at the beginning of the week but slowly fell off the wagon with a spectacular blow out on Saturday night!! - Ah well no use crying over spilled milk - back on the horse now and determined to see a loss this week. Have planned meals up to Wednesday all EE - and may try a few green / red days at the end of the week to see if this helps. So we will see in 7 days - until then happy reducing
xx

I feel your pain!! I had a ridiculously indulgent Saturday - to the point where I seemed to double my syn intake for the week. You live and learn ey?

I've taken some wonderful advice from a lovely lady, who suscribes to my weight loss diary, and she suggested Success Express. So I'm doing a few days of that this week to boost my losses and kick me up the bum!

Best of luck with your week.

Becca x

Hi all

I'm new to this site but completed my 1st week on SW and according to my dodgy scales it appears I've lost 3lb

I'm just worried I'm eating too many low fat super noodles and pasta in sauce

Any tips for the EE plan

Thanks nat xx

Tomorrow morning is my 3rd weigh in at home. After last weeks massive loss, I will just be very grateful for a 1lb loss this week! I actually look forward to weigh ins since I've been doing slimming world though x

Welcome to all your newbies and good luck for WI tomorrow everyone.
I was doing okay until Friday and then the carb-fest set in, so not expecting much from tomorrow's WI.

Wow ... An amazing loss for your second week. Looks like it only took you a week to get your head round it. Well done, good luck for today ! :D

Last edited:
Back