Monday weigh in

Only half a pound off this week :( Its my first 'star week' since starting SW so hoping that's the reason as i have been very good!

Ahh it seems to affect everyone at some stage :( If it's any consolation, people say any excess weight put on will reflect the next week if sticking to the plan.

I have been lucky so far *touch wood!*... I haven't noticed a positive or negative affect. I was at the doctor's on Saturday morning and weighed in at 2.5lbs lighter than last Monday's weigh-in, then star week arrived so this will be a good indication for me as to whether or not it does affect me, as I have been 100% on plan this week and especially so since Saturday. Guess I will find out later :/

Congrats on the loss - it's better than a gain, and just think positively ahead of next week and anything exra you were supposed to lose this week will hopefully show then!

I have been lucky so far *touch wood!*... I haven't noticed a positive or negative affect. I was at the doctor's on Saturday morning and weighed in at 2.5lbs lighter than last Monday's weigh-in, then star week arrived so this will be a good indication for me as to whether or not it does affect me, as I have been 100% on plan this week and especially so since Saturday. Guess I will find out later :/

Well didn't this come back to bite me!!

0.5lb loss last night and finally collected by 2st award.

Group was really positive and exciting, but I couldn't help feeling a bit deflated. I mentioend to the lady who weighs us and some other members about visiting the doctor on Saturday and expecting a bigger loss, as I had lost 2.5lbs at that stage of the week, then that reduced to 0.5lbs. I didn't mention about star week coming on Saturday evening, but they did say not to weigh in between or anywhere else. It's not something I normally do, it's just because I was at the doctors and had to be weighed, and he commented on how much weight I had lost since my last visit.

As I had Saturday and Sunday and Monday completely on plan, I can only assume that change is star week.

I was a bit deflated at home last night and my husband made a good point, told me to look back through my weeks and see what my weeks were like on my previous star weeks. Good enough, I had a maintain on the last one, and a small loss on the previous. So that perked me up a bit.

I feel extra motivated this week, feels like I'm fighting back. Desperate to get into that next lower stone bracket!

Congrats to all for the losses so far!

I put 3lb on last Monday so I've been hiding all week. I put the blame firmly on rum and prosecco. On a positive note though I have been good all week so far. Had works Christmas dinner yesterday and I took in my own speed meal of steak, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, onions and gravy. Honestly you should have seen the looks on people's faces and the comments. Like it was only 1 day and why wasn't I joining in etc etc .... but if they knew how I felt when I got on those scales on Monday they would understand I needed to be strong and stick to plan.
I was proud of myself as there were mince pies, chocs, fudge cake and Christmas pudding but I joined in as best I could but avoided all that stuff except a glass of shloer which I counted as 6 syns.

5.5lb off for me today

1stone award too

Well done @xEmmax@ that is amazing!
Have you got any tips? I'm trying to get to target but I'm in that 1/2 on/off/maintain thingy!

Ruth
X

6CCA0457-2C9D-4453-B8C8-8B83B6E80CB6.jpg
Well done @xEmmax@ that is amazing!
Have you got any tips? I'm trying to get to target but I'm in that 1/2 on/off/maintain thingy!

Ruth
X

After putting on 3lb last Monday I stuck to plan 100% but then Thursday- Sunday I did SP. so a typical day would be
Breakfast 2 hi fi bar with a coffee and speed fruit like blackberries and melon and pineapple ( not sure if pineapple is speed or not, I've seen online that it is but I eat abit anyway as it's good for keeping you regular)

For lunch I will have cooked diced chicken breast (I get the ready cooked frozen bags from Iceland £5 and defrost enough for sandwiches)
I shred it and mix in 2 level tbsps of Hellmans lighter than light mayo (1 syn) then I have my 2nd HE b choice of 2 wholemeal bread from the small 400g
I have floral light on it 1tsp for 1 syn and then I top with onions and lettuce.

I usually have a few more coffees using my HE A milk ( wholemilk)
Clementines, watermelon blackberries to snack on.

For dinner I will have a big steak. Usually a ribeye with the fat trimmed off (you could have chicken or lamb as long as it's skinless and lean). I have it with carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and piles of onions fried in frylight and then covered in thick gravy. 2 level tbsp of gravy granules is about 1 .5 syns. I get my veg from frozen bags

U can still have your syns 5-15. I usually have 13. Fri, sat, Sunday I use my syns to have a few rums with Diet Coke
I measure 25ml of rum exactly and it is 2.5 syns per measure and I have a small glass instead of a tall one so I'm not drinking tons of Diet Coke.

The key to SP is to stick to speed and protein and synnd food only. Avoid free foods. So no free veg or or potatoes etc. If you can't syn it or it isn't speed protein then don't touch it lol. Also it's 2 healthy extra Bs and 1 healthy extra A choice. Mine are usually 2 wholemeal bread and 2 hi fi bars because they are like a cheeky treat

Sorry about the photo being where it is but that is a typical SP dinner for me. I lost 5.5lbs this week by doing four days of SP. still had a drink and didn't feel deprived or hungry either.

Last edited:
That is incredible, Emma!

+2lbs for me this week, and I am not quite sure why. Only the 3d time in 21 weeks that I have had a gain, I am normally very consistent. I buy those 12 week diaries, so I record everything I eat and from what I can see, the only changes to my diet is less speed foods and more coffee... I didn't really drink coffee until a month or two ago, now I have about 2/3 per week, but I get an Americano with skimmed milk. Perhaps my milk measurements are a bit off. I also have a Lindt advent calendar but I syn the Lindt balls. I am wondering if it is a drop in speed foods mixed with * week last week :/ I am just a bit gutted as I don't feel like I have had any value for my 2lb gain! No blow outs or takeaways or alcohol! Either way, I think your plan is a good one!

I don't know much about SP days, our Consultant doesn't really mention them, Is it two hexAs, two hexBs per day, with joint speed or protein foods? If so, I might give that a crack for a few days this week. I don't weigh in until Wednesday week, so I have an extra couple of days to try and get rid of this 2lbs.

Congrats again, Emma!

1 HEX A
2 HEX B

Only speed and Protein for meals and snacks + your regular 5-15 syns

Avoid all free food if you can or keep to very minimum. I only eat things I can syn unless its speed or protein. It's good for a couple of days a week or if you had a bad weigh in like I did and want a big boost

Thanks for that! In terms of drinks, is it anything free i.e. can you still drink tea and sugar free drinks, or is it just water/milk?
You're fine to drink diet fizzy drinks, zero added sugar juice, coffee etc.

4 pounds off last Monday. Weighing in on Wednesday as works Xmas party tomorrow.

4.5lbs off last night and that feels like a more accurate reflection of the past few weeks, as I had a few weeks where I wasn't entirely sure why I was getting minimal losses, and then an abnormal gain for me last week. I didn't change much this week at all, so I can only assume I must have been retaining water after star week 10 days ago.

Very pleased with that as it was my works Christmas party this week and I enjoyed the meal, but skipped the alcohol.

Now to maintain this over Christmas!

+ 2st 11 slightly disappointed with that, but I haven't weighed in for 3 months and I am pregnant and miserable - see food diary for full story, but im back at group and optimistic for next Mon weigh in...

+ 2st 11 slightly disappointed with that, but I haven't weighed in for 3 months and I am pregnant and miserable - see food diary for full story, but im back at group and optimistic for next Mon weigh in...

Well make sure that line is drawn and don't look back at that gain, focus on the here & now.. I put 3 & half stone back on and it was hard to bet back in the zone but it's because I was looking at where I had been not where I was going xx good luck for Monday

5lb off for me this week. Just need to keep going

Back