StephCracknell

Silver Member
Hello all, slow start today! LOL Red day today

B: skinny sf vanilla latte
L: 2 hb eggs, ryvita, fruit salad
S: mullerlight
D: Steak, steamed veggies, roasted bns
S: fruit salad, mullerlight

not really inspired today, first day back in the office so I am a bit rushed today :(

Have a good day!
x

Hi Steph, love your menu's - I'm constantly looking at them to get inspiration. Sorry for being totally thick but what are roasted bns?

Hi Hon

It is butternut squash. Delish roasted, and you can make chips from them as well and syn free soup.

x

Thanks for clarifying hun. ooh I've never tried it! I'd better get experimenting me thinks! Vx

Hey Steph ~ is the skinny sf latte something you make yourself or something you can buy.

I plan to start SW shortly, but I do lurve my latte's ~ also I don't do breakfast, but a latte would do nicely.

Thanks

Have you got a recipe for Butternut squash soup? Got one in the kitchen fully intending to make soup for work but then realised i didnt know what to put with it.

Hi Hon,

I do make some lattes at home, I have the sugar free vanilla syrup, but if I am on my way to the office, I just grab a starbucks and just count the milk towards my HE A

x

Butternut squash soup

Have you got a recipe for Butternut squash soup? Got one in the kitchen fully intending to make soup for work but then realised i didnt know what to put with it.

Hi there

I like it best when I roast the bns first (but you don't have to). I like to roast bns, onions, courgettes or carrots or both, I really try to use what veg I have in the house but experiment. I also like roasted red and yellow bell peppers as well (remove the skin before using). And then when roasted, add to a saucepan with veg/chicken stock and blitz until smooth, just add stock in small amounts until you reach the consistency you like, I prefer mine a bit thicker. then to serve, I stir in a laughing cow light or 2 to make it a bit creamier. Even my husband likes it! LOL ALso, if you don't have the time/patience to roast the veg first, you can boil them with the with veg/chicken stock.

Hope that helps
x

Hey Steph that's a good idea about stirring in the laughing cow light to make it a bit creamier. Hadn't thought of that! Thanks

Steph -you are so great at concocting receipes - I wish I could do the same!

SammyMac - well done on your losses! Did you lose all 45lbs on SW?

SammyMac - well done on your losses! Did you lose all 45lbs on SW?

Thanks Vicx. No i've only been on SW for the last month - i started a couple of years ago on Rosemary Conley online, stopped for a bit but carried on eating healthily but kept getting down to a stone from goal then just coming to a standstill. Piled on half a stone over Christmas and thought i'd give SW a go (both my daughters have done it with really good results) and its working really well so far - half a stone off in a month since i started.

Must say that coming on here has really helped as well - inspiration, motivation, support and menu ideas!

S x

Back