Money Stuff

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by Yambabe, 6 February 2010 Social URL.

1. Yambabe

Yambabe Bad Girl

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Refeeding (Exante)
    I went shopping today for the OH's weekly dose of junk food. I spent £27, on enough food to last him at least a week with the addition of some extra bread.

This got me thinking. Our "normal" weekly shop is about £80. :eek: Add to that extras for lunches, the odd takeaway or meal out, alcohol and pop and I reckon it's quite common for us to spend £150 a week just on food and drink.

This stunned me a bit, as I then worked out that me buying my Exante using the special offers is going to cut that down by about 1/3rd.

Then I had another thought. My current plan is to stick with the diet for approx 3 months, (during which time I hope to lose about 3 stone) then reintroduce/maintain over the summer and start again around October time to shift the last couple of stone by the end of the year.

I reckon that by the time I reintroduce I will have saved approx £1000 that I would otherwise have spent on food. :eek:

So I can justify spending that on some new clothes to fit the new me can't I? :D Now if that's not an incentive to stick to it I don't know what is...........
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Love your plan! I have noticed a saving on the weekly shop and that pays for my Exante.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.