Mood Swings

Mamma_caz

Have a serene day!!
Hi.,

Is anyone else doing CD suffering from severe mood swings?

I am finding it very difficult of late to keep a tight rein on my temper, I feel like I did when I was a young teenager when I used to fly for the slightest reason. Now I am having a go at the children and hubby for the smallest of things, and today I am having great difficulty in not smacking a (normally only annoying) work colleague (who seems to be even more irritating today) up the side of the head.

As Worf said to Captain Picard in Issurection "Captain I am experiencing violent tendancies".

At other times when I get annoyed I feel like crying.

I am also having great problems in resisting food, I ate about 2oz of cheddar cheese last night and a couple of handfuls of cashew nuts, I know they are high in Fat and I know they are no good for me, but at least I resisted the fresh bread rolls that I was making the pack lunches with last night.

Anyone of you shrinks (excuse the pun) out there any ideas??:wave_cry:

You are so right. I do try and warn all my clients that once you remove the comfort food, an awful lot of stuff can come to the surface. You will find that as time goes by, and you settle into things that you are better able to cope - it's a good thing if it stops us being doormats.

With regard to the nibbling, think of it this way : the more you nibble, the longer you are on this plan. So suck up the water, distract yourself, brush your teeth - whatever it takes xx

Yes my mood swings were very bad. I was arguing alot with my hubby but now as the weight is dropping off I feel so much better and alot calmer.

Saying that I'm working on comtrolling myself with my work colleague. I usually just get up and walk away if they are usually irritating.

D_Q is right, you do settle into it and you feel much better after.

D

Hi - Thanks for your responses. I think what DQ has as a quote in her signature is very apt.

I feel a little calmer now, coz I will be going home soon. I think it may be something to do with the fact that I have a stressful day to look forward to tomorrow, and family are winding me up to.

I will try some deep breathing, I was hoping that I would have felt better now as I have been doing this diet since 6th Jan.

Ce la vie

Apparently, you can store oestrogen in fat and when you lose weight the oestrogen gets released into your system and the effect is a bit like PMT, this is then combined with possibly low serotonin levels that can occur on a low carb diet and this can give you mood swings v similar to PMT. If you ever took the pill or had depovera injections then this can make it worse!

I was awful and had killer rage PMT all the time. MY DH said the only thing that made it worthwhile was the happy weigh in day and the way when I wasn't raging through the house, I was so much happier in myself.

Soraya, You have just hit the nail on the preverbial, PMT is just what it is like, except I know I'm doing it. I had my first proper TOTM 2 weeks ago and that was the first in something like 9 months, so your explaination is probably correct it would explain the tiredness and cravings.

Thank you so much. I don't know if you can have Evening Primrose while on CD anyone know?????????

Oh god I am so glad i'm not the only one! I've been a right miserable cow on and off lately, it's exactly like PMT. I was putting it down to the Mirena, though i'm sure thats not helping either. Ugh, I just want to curl up in bed today, the kids are driving me mad!

I was exactly the same too. Permanent pmt, well thats what it felt like. I seemed to spend most of my days apologising for snapping at people. It was a lot worse in the first four weeks, but now I'm 7 weeks down the line it has worn off a lot. I think thats probably because people are commenting on the weight loss and I'm realising that this is so worth it. Now if it happens I go and have a bath, or take myself into another room with a book!! boring but it works for me! The other thing that I noticed is that I still get tired and need my early nights and if I don't get enough sleep I'm really snappy.

Nikki

Back