Moosh's S&S diary

Exactly! I like to chop them really thin and have during the kids' teatime but they don't last long enough!

Day 8 starts with a warm caramel shake- not as nice as with ice, but I'm still too cold to take it! And a mint fudge Biggest Loser bar. Hmm, I don't think I'll be getting that again! Chewiest damn thing ever, £1.99 as well so more than a lovely S+S lemon bar.

I'm off to town today, going to find some nice glasses to make having my shakes a lovely treat! Got some thick straws on order from ebay so I can do icy shakes or really thick ones! Yum!

I love that your treats are all sensible choices and yet still make you feel good! Scales, cinnamon and nice glasses! Very inspiring MiniM!

I love that your treats are all sensible choices and yet still make you feel good! Scales, cinnamon and nice glasses! Very inspiring MiniM!

Haha! I know, sad isn't it but I find I'm all or nothing. I am so bloody determined to do this, I'm making it up as I go along so I can get through it! On the other hand if I fail I will fail spectacularly..... like I'll be knee deep in icecream with a pizza in each hand and biscuits in my bra growling at people. I'm fairly sure I don't want that!

I jumped on the new scales again.... on an empty tummy, after finally.... ahem, you know. First time naturally since stating S+S, I bought senna to help! :eek:

Anyway I'm now the same weight as I was on weigh in at work on Friday, well I'm even 0.6 of a lb less! Phew. I know what I weigh now, two scales can't be wrong. Have to say I'm ignoring the body fat analysis for now.... I can't bear to look at it! Have to deal with that soon, as it would be good to log it as I get slimmer.

MM"Haha! I know, sad isn't it but I find I'm all or nothing. I am so bloody determined to do this, I'm making it up as I go along so I can get through it! On the other hand if I fail I will fail spectacularly..... like I'll be knee deep in icecream with a pizza in each hand and biscuits in my bra growling at people. I'm fairly sure I don't want that!"

Hilarious MM, I really laughed at that!! I'm seriously craving tomatoes and almost bought a punnet of those really pricey 'on the vine' tomatoes today, imported (possibly on a private jet, judging by the price)! This is where I've failed in the past - allowing myself a treat as I've done well! The scales are shifting and clothes starting to fit better again. This is where I usually blow it! So I didn't have the toms, bought some nice fizzy water and back home, tomato-less. Sorry to highjack your diary with all this, but it is inspiring to read of your choices and tell myself I should do this too!

Mini you are making me laugh too much!! Not good when I need to wee all the time lol!! xx

Sorry Scotbean! I promise I will try harder not to make you wee.... no wait, thats just a bit weird!

Giza- well done on tomato resistance! It's so odd that on most diets you would be applauded for choosing tomatoes over, say, mint choc chip ice cream. Not that I'm craving it or anything! Feel free to waffle away, I'm clinging on using this forum as a lifebelt. Good to know other people are going through what I'm going through!

Mmm, waffles.

So today, again, I went to asda and had a mooch. I didn't buy food! I did buy Lego Hary Potter though, on special offer so who could say no? It's my guilty little pleasure, when I reach goal my reward will be clothes shopping which will be great but even better I'm getting Lego Diagon Alley! :eek::D

Tonight I'm babysitting, usually a time to stuff my face whilst watching tv or ironing. I had a shake and a bar earlier, so I have two pcks for tonight. I have a little stash at work so I think I'll have a cottage pie then an oatmeal cookie or shake. Hmm.

I found boullion today! The reduced salt one. Randomly in a health food/ fitness shop, you know one of those shops with shelf after shelf of giant white tubs of something proteiny. Going to shuck that in my cottage pie tonight, see how it is, and make a drink to see if it's nice!

ooh which lego did asda have on special? A bit off topic I know but......

Only the quiditch match and the knight bus. I already have the knight bus so I got the quiditch! I wish i had got the knight bus actually, it was £15 so I could have ebayed it. Oh well. I don't know about non-HP stuff, they did have a few bits!

I would def have bought the night bus I bet I'll never see that half price! x

I am a bit gutted I didn't get it. Glad I got the quiditch, though thats the one I want the least! But I still want them all! I have the big castle and the knight bus now. Seriously considering making lego HP my treat every time I lose a stone!

Haha good idea! I can't even think about things like that yet. I know the first stone will be gone soon but after that it still seems a pipe dream!!! One day at a time......xx

I've learnt to be careful over Bouillon MiniM! Some are high in carbs. But well done on your snack choices for babysitting night!! I thought I would find evenings on the couch a challenge - but I don't! I can swig hot sweet tea, or fizzy water or my evening shake/soup and feel quite self satisfied as it's the end of another day and if I didn't blow it earlier, I'm not going to blow it by bedtime!

Thats why I saved the ironing to do, and took the laptop- no time just to sit on the couch, always had something to do!

Day 9 done! Today was a bit grrr, I found a takeaway menu in my stuff and I was just gazing at it! Damn you, lamb tikka. Keema naan...... NO! I threw it away, i don't want to dwell but goodness me I could do with something!

I have had some boullion as a drink today, lovely! Like soup! A very pleasant change from cups of tea and green tea, I'm finding I get so cold on this diet a hot drink is a neccesity and before I just didn't drink hot drinks. It's quite high carb though so I'll stick toone a day max.

I popped town again, got some new glasses for me shakes and a measure thingy so I have to wash up fewer times! I even bought a lamp, trying to make the flat a bit more homely!

For my final pack I made a vanilla shake brownie. Well ok its warm, stretchy dough but it does it for me! Better than the shakes anyway, they are lovely but not what I would chose to drink. everything is so neat and tidy in my kitchen, all my food is on the top two shelves of the cupboard all higgledy piggledy.... and my S+S meals are neatly arranged on the bottom shelf, with the bars in my breadbin and shakes in a lovely new box I bought today for the purpose!

When I was babysitting my boss said she thought I had lost weight, and had her husband had noticed too! Good news :D. I do tend to lose it on my face and neck quite early on which is great for looks, but I'd sooner lose the tum for health! I want to be healthy :cry: I was going through all the stuff my lovely boyfriend bought over with him on his last visit- he lives in France, I met him living there and left a lot of stuff whan I moved back- it's really interesting seeing my change. I moved there at about 13st, having lost 4st. Gradually over the year I put 3st back on! There are fat and thin clothes to go through and try on.

Tomorrow, another 12 hour day. Day 10! Real milestone if I get through it.

Back