More esteem but horrid workmate!!

I think people like this exist in every area of our lives, not just work... I read a really good article in Cosmo (LOL) about there being 2 types of people... Drains (those who drain you with their negativity) and Radiators (who radiate love and happiness into your life)... basically I am trying to ditch the drains and surround myself with more radiators!

A sweet little metaphor I thought xxxxxxxxx

I like your style...

Well I am happy to be a radiator!!!!

xx

Well, I went in confident today and spoke to a colleague who told me I am not the only person to feel like this about this person......and that made me feel better, funnily enough......

Plus I reached 'correct weight' on the BMI scale today, after 8 months of losing weight, so NOBODY could upset me today!!!!

Lose pounds...and not your mind...

Have a lovely weekend people
xx

xx

I used to work as a teacher in a school where the bully was the deputy head. She was fine with me for a while and then suddenly started criticising everything I did - even though other people were doing the same things and it was absolutely fine for them. I also had another deputy head scream at me that I was a liar in front of the entire staff room (which meant that I never went into the staff room again apart from for staff meetings - I hid in my classroom on my own). I comfort ate during every lunch time - particularly as I wouldn't go into the staffroom to use the fridge / microwave / kettle so I got a sandwich from the sandwich shop (and crisps and chocolate) every day.

I got the union involved as they were trying to say that I was not a good teacher. After several meetings and observations they agreed that there wasn't a problem. I also later found out that the teacher before me left in similar circumstances.

It all started in the October, I handed in my notice in the following May and at that point the head told me that he was really surprised that I was leaving and that I was a good teacher and could always come back to teaching. He also agreed to give me a good reference - despite having gone along with all of the rubbish his deputies had been spouting for the last 6 months.

I've changed career now as a direct result of all of that - I was miserable as anything at that point and now I'm a happy bunny and slowly losing the weight that I piled on while I was unhappy!

Back