more than 1timers?

It's very unfortunate that your family are being so unsupportive of you.

I don't mean for this to sound rude but are any of the people you live with overweight?

Thanks hun, and lots of us know just how you feel about wanting to feel good about yourself and shop in normal places. Its hard feeling there's only drab stuff available and that its about what fits and not what looks good when your in your forties, never mind in your twenties!

Rainbow Brite has got some great practical tips that will help you, I really like her idea about goal setting, I read in her blog a little while ago and I started doing it myself and it really makes you feel good as you tick achievements off. Best of luck babe x

my mum is, though she's been more supportive yet concerned in a just looking out for me kinda way, dad and two brothers have never been over weight, so said its unhealthy and waste of money.. i'd say its partially the disapproval that made me give up first time.. but i have myself to blame more.. just no will power

Okay, so it's hard but try your best to disregard the comments from your dad and brother because a) they haven't got a weight problem and therefore simply don't understand what you're going through and b) they're boys and we all know boys are useless ;)

I can understand where your mother is coming from, my grandmother is the same with me - happy that I'm happy about being on the diet and losing weight but can't quite get away from the idea that it involves NO food, bless 'em.

What is the outfit that you would just love to wear when you get to goal?

Thanks hun, and lots of us know just how you feel about wanting to feel good about yourself and shop in normal places. Its hard feeling there's only drab stuff available and that its about what fits and not what looks good when your in your forties, never mind in your twenties!

Rainbow Brite has got some great practical tips that will help you, I really like her idea about goal setting, I read in her blog a little while ago and I started doing it myself and it really makes you feel good as you tick achievements off. Best of luck babe x

thanks, good luck for the restof ur weightloss. im gonna stay up for a little while and make myself some proper goals..i'll have a wee while to think about it..i wanna be all sorted out and in a new mindset for tomorro. LT final and (sucessful) attempt :D:D:D

I'm thinking up some mini goals for you as I type this. I'll send them to you for inspiration in a PM in a few minutes. By all means don't feel like you have to use them, it's just an example :)

Yea, i know they r just looking out for me. They know i need to loose weight and ithink my mum thinks i would be offended if she said so too as anytime i mention LT she says.. you know i love you just the way you are lol which is cute!

my cousins 21st b-day is on halloween night.. i'd love to look a bit good by then.. so maybe a nice fittedhalloween costume.. something girlie.. last year i was a zombie and looked like a boy cos i couldnt wear anything fitted or nice :(

ultimately.. i'd like to wear a dress and heals and not feel like a giant frump! im quite tall.. so will heels i feel it accentuates my fatness so i never wear anything remotely feminine.

thank you rb.

No probs sweetie ;)

So as you're spending all of your pennies on LT (much like me *le sigh*) how about going to some online shops and finding some things you think are gorgeous. Pick out a lovely dress and heels and save them on the pc if you can. Even better, if possible print them out and keep them in your bag or stuck to your mirror - anywhere you will see them when you're feeling weak.

thanx so much for taking the time for the pm, i'm going to use those goals and add some more as i go alone. I do feel so much more possitive so thanx for tht too! already starting my imaginary wardrobe!
thanx again xx

It's never a problem honey. Every time I see you write that you've restarted I've wanted to give you a big hug so I guess this is my way! lol

I'm so glad you're feeling better honey. Just remember, you're the most important person in this, feck everyone else and concentrate on making your life better, happier, healthier and longer.

You're such a sweetie and deserve to do well at this.

I have every faith in you that you have the willpower to do this and as soon as you have that same belief in yourself you'll fly through this.

Chin up chica xxx

I did it once but not to target cos I fell pregnant & since that baby I have been constantly falling off BUT I got through day 1 yesterday (which is a miracle lately) & feel so good today.
I will say YES to your question because we WILL do it. There seems to be a few restarters here & if we just help each other I think we can get there.
Did help me logging on a few times yesterday & am just off to work but feeling confident that I can get to 4pm without help today then will be back here as soon as I walk in :)
Good luck to ya all
Niki
x

Missy - hope you havea good day hun :)

RB - you are wonderful - I am going to read these posts through the day today to keep me going. xx

Hi hun i'v fell off the wagon twice, in fact i ate a most of last week i couldn't stop but on Tuesday i went for my weigh in and put 3lbs on I had a word with myself AGAIN and said i'm gonna do this i want a better result next week so Tuesday was the start for me. Today is Thursday and i haven't eaten anything i'm really proud of myself for not eating when at times i'v been litrally drooling watching my partner and kids eat. I'v gone to bed Tuesday and Wednesday night with a smile on my face and woke up with a smile cos i'v got through the day without eating. I'V weighed myself this morning and i seem to have lost the 3lbs i put on so i'm pleased with that and its given me a lift.
You can do this hun if you really want to. Have a word with your family get em to come on here we'l tell them how healthy LT is if it wasn't good for you doctors wouldn't recomend it and pharmacies wouldn't sell or do it.
Put the past behind you. Ok you cheated draw a line under it and start afresh keep telling yourself throughout the day i can do this and i will do this. Someone advised me to strip off and stand in front of the mirror and have a good hard look at myself tell you something it gave me a shock as i never look at myself naked i didn't expect to see what i saw i look like michelin man (ok maybe not as bad) lol.
So start afresh we're all here for you if you need to chat i'm on this forum nearly all day everyday someone will always reply to you hun.
Good luck babe xx Keep telling yourself why you are doing this when you feel like you want to eat ask yourself why you want to eat is it hunger or just habit, after the first week you shouldn't feel hungry so eating then it will just be out of habit and your mind playing tricks on you making you think your hungry but once in ketosis you dont feel the hunger anymore. I wish you all the luck in the world hun. I think no i know you can do this xx

thanks, i do feel really really possitive today, usually i woulda just slept in but i've been up and had about 4glasses of water and have schedualed (cant spell) in my first shake at 10.45 .. next at 2.45 then my last at 6.45.. which even makes a change for me as i dont organise anything ever! last night reminded me of why i want to do this..and i know its achievable. Hopefully i dont have to resort to getting naked.. omg i dred to think what that'd be like!!
but thanx to every1 for the kind words of encouragement.. they've def worked xx

i did lighter life at the end of 2006 lost 4 stone then didnt do refeed etc,went back to eating rubbish str8 away and gained the 4 stone back very quickly taking me back to 15 stone !

i then attempted lipotrim about 6 months before i started the last time 'september 07' and didnt even last the first week i was in tears i was that hungry and just couldnt handle it....

then bulging out of my size 26 jeans on march the 7th 2008weighing 17 stone 13lbs 'nearly 3 stone heavier than the 4 i had gained back after lighterlife' i walked into the chemist and promised myself that i would not no matter what stop until i reached my goal and here i am ! 1kg below target weight and on day 8 of refeed and size 10 you can do it hun. xxx

So, so glad to hear you're feeling more positive today sweetie! Just remember, take baby steps and just look to getting through each hour today - you'll make it :) xx

well done! u must be ecstatic! hope i can provide the same inspirational story a few months down the line for some1 else. size 10 wow! must be a great feeling. I do feel strangely different this time.. positivity shinning through.
i did lighter life at the end of 2006 lost 4 stone then didnt do refeed etc,went back to eating rubbish str8 away and gained the 4 stone back very quickly taking me back to 15 stone !

i then attempted lipotrim about 6 months before i started the last time 'september 07' and didnt even last the first week i was in tears i was that hungry and just couldnt handle it....

then bulging out of my size 26 jeans on march the 7th 2008weighing 17 stone 13lbs 'nearly 3 stone heavier than the 4 i had gained back after lighterlife' i walked into the chemist and promised myself that i would not no matter what stop until i reached my goal and here i am ! 1kg below target weight and on day 8 of refeed and size 10 you can do it hun. xxx

Back