Mortified!!

mumtheshopper

Silver Member
I took my daughter to a dental clinic for nervous patients where she had to have gas. As she's coming round, I'm still a bit traumatised but amde conversation

Me: I remember being gassed when I was young
Nurse: I'd never even seen one of these macines until I came to this country
Me: Where are you from then?
Nurse: Germany
Me: Don't they gas children in Germany then?
Whole room: SILENT!!!!!!

Oh My God!!!!!!!

I took my daughter to a dental clinic for nervous patients where she had to have gas. As she's coming round, I'm still a bit traumatised but amde conversation

Me: I remember being gassed when I was young
Nurse: I'd never even seen one of these macines until I came to this country
Me: Where are you from then?
Nurse: Germany
Me: Don't they gas children in Germany then?
Whole room: SILENT!!!!!!

Oh My God!!!!!!!

PMSL oh god that's made my day and i've had a REALLY bad day haha thankyou! :D

Oh dear is it wrong to laugh at that

Everyone I have told has piddled themselves. I've woken up in cold sweats! In my defence I had taken very strong painkillers that day, and was not 100% with it, and felt really sick. But still!!

oh hon i think that is a very very funny foot in mouth moment :)

Ha, this has made my night! Shouldnt have but its a perfect comedy moment! More importantly what was the reply?!

:8855: dies laughing :8855:

The reply, after what seemed like a decade of silence was to talk about how they are just stricter with children and they just ahve to get on with it. SHe talked about the apprenticeship there being horrible, as she often ahd to hold children down. Then she looked at me and said, 'you have to eb careful what you say sometimes don't you?'. I just sort of stammered err yes, err you do, err don't you. I ahve since found out she is one of the Mums of the 6th formers I work with. So might end up meeting ehr again. Nightmare!!!!

lol, if you do she might actually see the funny side this time. tell her you meant no harm, was a genuine foot in mouth incident!

I'm not sure she did. Unfortunately the phrase I used didn't help. I sais it like that because I ahd been messing about saying I was getting my little one gassed!

OMG...this just gets better and better lol!!! Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

LOL!!! oh god that's sooooo funny! :D

That's like something I would accidently land myself in!! I'm sure she knew you didn't mean offence though....

It is pretty funny!!

Back