Motivation Post :]

FakeFrowns

Hello everyone!

I thought it would be good if we post our reasons/motivation for wanting to lose weight as we all have a united goal but our motives are all different! I'll start :)

1. I want to be able to exercise without killing my joints.
2. Some day I want to have children and it would be dangerous at my current and increasing size.
3. I want to be able to walk into a high street store and know that something will fit.
4. I want to look good in my graduation photos.
5. This is the most important one, I want to live and not be held back by my weight.

I could go on and on but at the end of the day these are my most important ones to me. I hope other people will share!
FF :eek:

Mine remain the same hunny

1) I want to be the wife my husband married
2) I want to run around with my children
3) I want to not be the fattest when I got out
4) I don't want to die young and leave my children without a mum

There was an incident last year that will forever stay with me I lost a lot of weight and was cooking for hubby and the kids so I had my dirty dancing album on and was dancing like an idiot lol when I turned around my hubby and son were standing there my hubby says to my son I've not seen ur mum dance like that for years without being out of breath my son who is ten says dad I've NEVER seen mum dance like that and not be out of breath! I sobbed like a fool and was disgusted that in ten years my son had never seen me dance without losing my breath I have only gained 1 1/2 stone since then but I will NEVER be that mum again!

Great thread idea! :)

1) Sure, being healthier is always going to be a massive plus with most weight loss but...
2) I'm going to be completely honest here and say, however people might look down on me for it, my main driving reason is probably vanity. It's not as black and white as fat=ugly and thin=pretty before anyone jumps on me, but at my current weight I feel so incomprehensibly disgusting that I cut myself off from everyone. There was a point when I didn't see my own family (who live a five minute drive away from me) for over a year because I couldn't bear to have them see me the way I was. I've got slightly better at this now but it still affects me in that I don't go out with friends except for on rare occasions because I truly feel that everyone is staring and laughing. And then it inevitably spirals into a mild depression. I used the term 'mild' for the simple reason that I've been horribly depressed before and did some awful things to myself and I won't belittle the feeling by comparing the two now but it is still something that impacts on everyday life and definitely limits quality of life - something that we should all be enjoying to the max!

So I guess in a way it is for health reasons too, but mine admittedly are more mental health than physical.

Long winded and a bit bleak but that's my feelings and I hope no one gets offended. <3

rbx:rainbow:

Last edited:
Great thread idea! :)

1) Sure, being healthier is always going to be a massive plus with most weight loss but...
2) I'm going to be completely honest here and say, however people might look down on me for it, my main driving reason is probably vanity. It's not as black and white as fat=ugly and thin=pretty before anyone jumps on me, but at my current weight I feel so incomprehensibly disgusting that I cut myself off from everyone. There was a point when I didn't see my own family (who live a five minute drive away from me) for over a year because I couldn't bear to have them see me the way I was. I've got slightly better at this now but it still affects me in that I don't go out with friends except for on rare occasions because I truly feel that everyone is staring and laughing. And then it inevitably spirals into a mild depression. I used the term 'mild' for the simple reason that I've been horribly depressed before and did some awful things to myself and I won't belittle the feeling by comparing the two now but it is still something that impacts on everyday life and definitely limits quality of life - something that we should all be enjoying to the max!

So I guess in a way it is for health reasons too, but mine admittedly are more mental health than physical.

Long winded and a bit bleak but that's my feelings and I hope no one gets offended. <3

rbx:rainbow:

Wow, you are so brave for writing that! Thank you for sharing! It doesn't sound like vanity at all to me, it sounds like you've made a decision to better your life all round :bighug:

Rainbow brite- I don't know how much you have to lose but I can almost guarantee that by the time you are halfway there you will feel amazingly different and I am sure your confidence in going out will increase dramatically! :)

I think you should save this post as when you reach your target weight you will be able to look back at this and see just how far you came.

Good luck hon x

Aw thank you to both of you beautiful ladies!

I really hope I didn't put anyone off posting their reasons etc and I do sometimes have a bit of a habit of posting TMI lol but I figure the time has come to start being totally honest with myself.

After all, if I'd been honest with myself in the very beginning I would have realised that my bum had grown too much to fit into my size 10 jeans instead of deciding that the jeans had shrunk xD

Here's to a happier year for all of us! :party0011:

Not at all sometimes it's just nice to share your feelings xx

Alot of what you said Rainbow bright I can and Im sure others will identify with. I cut my self of socially over the last could of years. When i went out this christmas time with friends I literally sat in the corner trying not to make contact with people I am actually very good friends with becuase they hadnt seen me in ages I felt no matter what we said to each other they were thinking "wow shes put on a load of weight" I hated every minute I was out.
Anyway here are my main 5 reasons;
1. Health!
2. Being able to do out door sports and adventures without feeling like everyone is looking at me and the equipment being all tight round me. For example I want to do a bungee jump and not feel like oh god I am so fat and worrying about what people think but actually enjoy it and be excited!!
3. To run about and play with my sons. Already my 6 year old can way out run me!! I dont want to be an embarresment to them.
4. To be be ME again!! I feel like Ive lost my sparkle, I dont feel like the person I used to be. I have no confidence and I miss the old me!
5. My husband is a gym addict, he looks amazing and I always feel people think "whatis he doing with her" I want him to be proud of me!
6. CLOTHES!!! I want to wear the sort of clothes the reflect who I am. I am sick of baggy ill fitting jeans and a cotton black t shirt!

This is just the thread I needed, was feeling very sorry for myself before I cam on here. Now I am motivated all over again!

4. To be be ME again!! I feel like Ive lost my sparkle, I dont feel like the person I used to be. I have no confidence and I miss the old me!

6. CLOTHES!!! I want to wear the sort of clothes the reflect who I am. I am sick of baggy ill fitting jeans and a cotton black t shirt!

*points to quoted post* What she said, what she said!

That bit about wanting to get your sparkle back is SO TRUE! :eek: Hadn't even realised it until you said it! <3

My motivation:

1) wedding dress
2) sick of being fat and hot in the summer
3) would love to wear a skirt without my thighs chaffing!
4) don't want to be the fat sister anymore
5) fashion.

Loving all these reasons for the motivation, ladies!

bella - so much yes to what you said about wearing a skirt - my mum used to be overweight too (unfortunately I don't have the money for a tummy tuck and stomach reduction like she did lol) and when she lost the weight she gave me some shorty things for wearing under skirts - I call them the 'fatty-rub-rub-shorts' and I can't wait to be free of them! :D

Good post!

1. I NEED to lose weight for certain health issues
2. I feel more confident when I am thinner
3. I look better when I am thinner
4. I am an overall better person (or so I am told) when I am thinner. This is becasue of reason 2 I suppose. I am unhappy when I am fat
5. My holiday in August
6. My age - it gets harder as you get older and I am knocking on 46 now so would like to lose it once and for all.

I intend this to be the very last time I do a VLCD. I WILL succeed this time!!

Love this thread!

1) I want to be seen as ME not the fat one.
2) I don't want to be told I have a 'nice face' or 'bubbly' personality - its like a slap in the face!
3) I don't want random relatives poking fun at me or comparing me to the stick thin relatives I have.
4) I want to feel confident and sexy - not for anyone else but ME
5) It's time I stopped giving a sh!t about what others think & do what I want in life - not live my life limited to what 'fat people can do' I should be able to do what I want when I want REGARDLESS of my weight.
6) I want to make 'real friends' not people who use and abuse me.

I seem like a selfish person but honestly I'm not. I've lived by life so far for others looking out for others when they didn't give a crap about me. It's time for me to be selfish and discover the REAL ME. ?

My main reason is kids. We've been trying for 4 years with no success. Had a few tests - they found nothing wrong. Docs wouldn't do anything until I got my bmi down. I've just had my 36th birthday and now that I feel I'm getting closer to 40 and it seems more like time is running out! I've tried WW but the weightloss was slow and I became demotivated. Am hoping that Exante does the job!
Lx

I love everyones reasons! I can relate to a lot of them! I've thought of another reason too:

6 - Get to a weight where my family stop saying should you be eating that!

So glad I made this post, hopefully people will come back to it when they want spurring on and in their weak moments!

Hi everybody all of you have written so well, well done for starting this journey and going for your goals.

Although I know Im not hugely overwieght I do feel my wieght is holding me back from being me.

1. I want to be fit and active and set a good example to my children.

2.Want to prove to myself I am motivated and determined and not a slave to my emotions.

3.I want to look and feel good, be able to dress trendy and feel sexy again,

ItIsLucy said:
My main reason is kids. We've been trying for 4 years with no success. Had a few tests - they found nothing wrong. Docs wouldn't do anything until I got my bmi down. I've just had my 36th birthday and now that I feel I'm getting closer to 40 and it seems more like time is running out! I've tried WW but the weightloss was slow and I became demotivated. Am hoping that Exante does the job!
Lx

Good luck! Lucy, this diet really works, its not a fad, it's not dangerous and if it suits you and you get past week one, it can change your life. it's a brilliant way of dealing with obesity, an addictive disorder with dire consequences.

It's the best thing I have ever done, I feel so good. I hope it works for you.

Go for it.

GSQ

A slight aside and sorry to derail for a moment, but GSQ, how long have you been maintaining now, if you don't mind me asking?

Getslimquick said:
Good luck! Lucy, this diet really works, its not a fad, it's not dangerous and if it suits you and you get past week one, it can change your life. it's a brilliant way of dealing with obesity, an addictive disorder with dire consequences.

It's the best thing I have ever done, I feel so good. I hope it works for you.

Go for it.

GSQ

Thank you! I'm really hoping this is it! It's really motivating to hear all the stories on here. This time I've convinced my hubby to diet with me so hopefully it will be easier this time. He's always the one suggesting takeaways!
Lx

I love this thread and everyones replies.

Here are mine....
1) For health reasons. Although I'm ok now and have no health problems there are alot of things that run in my family both sides (cancers, heart problems, diabetes) and I dont want to ever get anything just because I'm fat.

2) So I can go shopping for lovely clothes.
The only time in my life I've been thin enough for lovely clothes was when I was in an abusive relationship and I wasn't allowed to wear nice things.
Now I'm out of that relationship I'm too fat for the nice clothes!
So definitely looking forward to getting to buy nice things and walk in to high street shops and know I can buy clothes that fit and not just have to walk out with a piece of jewellery!

3) So I can exercise with my bf. He is a fitness fanatic and he used to be a personal trainer.
When he's home he goes running in the evenings and always says 'one day you'll be coming with me' and I tell him no way. But deep down I really DO want to go out and exercise with him, I think it'd be fun.

4) I want to be a healthy weight so I can get pregnant and have babies and not be at risk of things going wrong because of my weight. And so I'm not the 'fat mum' at nursery/school.
I'm 28 and want to start a family in the next year.

5) I know this sounds like a silly one but.....I want to show my evil aunt and cousin that I CAN lose weight and that I'm not as pathetic as they think I am. They hate me and have done for no apparent reason for the last few years. They're always saying that I'll never lose weight. Once at a family party I overheard them talking about me, basically they said 'it's a shame eating disorders dont run in families, Claire needs one' and they laughed their heads off. They were talking about the fact that my sister has bulimia and went from a size 26 to a size 8 due to it.
I went home and cried so hard I couldn't breathe :(

6) I want to go horse riding, bungee jumping, on one of those high wire treetop adventure courses and all sorts of other things but they all have weight limits.

7) I want my social life back!
Since gaining more and more weight I have pretty much stopped going out with my friends, I barely talk to them anymore because I dont want them to talk me in to leaving the house.
I hate being out in town when I'm this big.
I want to be able to go out and not worry about being the biggest person in the street/pub/club etc.

8) And also because I want my sex-life to be back to normal!!
I'm way too self-conscious in the bedroom at this size, losing weight will give me the confidence to feel sexy around my man again :D

Ok I'll shut up now!

Back