Motivation

Enjoy xxx find yourself again and losing weight with Dukan is a walk in the park xxx

What kept me motivated this week was that I had a planned OOPS meal. It was something I really wanted. I have been on plan for about 2 weeks and was beginning to feel deprived. So I planned to go out for an indian meal. I added 2 chapattis to a tandoori mixed grill and totally loved it.

Because I planned it, I was able to remain in contol rather than to feel desperate and have a complete blow out. I got straight back on plan for the next meal. I followed up by doing a PP day and felt good about it. I wouldn't do it regularly but to plan and be in control makes such a difference. It shows that my attitude to food is changing. WOO HOO!!!!!

Fashion is keeping me motivated at the moment. Stores are packed with slimfit dresses and I Will Fit One!! According to the free calculator I should be at my true weight on the start of July. This true weight is surprisingly close to the lowest weight I have ever been as an adult:S
I am a bit scared for next week as my mum is coming over for a week ( I am Dutch) and I know she will start on me...ohh go on have a wine with us, dont be so boring...grr
Find these forums very motivating too..Every time I want to munch (mainly at night) I find myself reading things on here and the feeling passes x

Lol that's what i did/do keeping fingers occupied good luck xxx

Hope noone minds me resurrecting this thread!
For me motivation is getting healthy - in the grand lottery of health I hit the anti-jackpot and I need to make sure I'm doing everything I can to stave off diabetes and heart problems - I don't want to be blamed because I let myself get so fat.
There is an element of vanity too - I want to feel confident and beautiful at my sister's wedding in a few years time, I also don't want to get shouted at when I walk past teenagers, or builders (both have happened!).

What sends me spinning off course?! Everything! TOTM is so tough, especially as I don't know when it is coming due to the pill I'm on. I have a massive sweet tooth and constantly crave chocolate and cake. And I am an emotional eater - when I feel down I want to bury my face in a bowl of ice cream.
What is great though - I've not cracked yet... By this point in every diet I've been on I've had at least one "bad day". But so far, not happening. I'm holding on to that achievement!

Fantastic post beccus, you deserve to enjoy your achievement. This is such a doable, liveable way to live and if your a chocolate cake lover try the Dukan chocolate muffin recipe, of all the recipes this is the one I would say has made the difference to my achieving TW xxx

My motivation has to be meeting the man himself last night and having him tell me I will not regret it and how beautiful I am am already, cheesy I know, he was a real charmer and has lots of passion in his diet and that shines through and is obvious when he talks about it. I feel much more confident now about it and am looking forward to getting the attack phase over with so I can have the muffins haha. I'm looking forward to a life change and can't wait to be my true weight, 1 to be fit and healthy for not only myself but also my children so I can be more active and 2 to stave off my family history of diabetes and other ailments that I want to avoid. I want my kids to remember a skinny mamma who had lots of energy and enthusiasm about keeping healthy, not an over worked, overweight slob who they inspire not to follow in the foot steps of.

Onwards and upwards from here :)

Sam

My motivation has to be meeting the man himself last night and having him tell me I will not regret it and how beautiful I am am already, cheesy I know, he was a real charmer and has lots of passion in his diet and that shines through and is obvious when he talks about it. I feel much more confident now about it and am looking forward to getting the attack phase over with so I can have the muffins haha. I'm looking forward to a life change and can't wait to be my true weight, 1 to be fit and healthy for not only myself but also my children so I can be more active and 2 to stave off my family history of diabetes and other ailments that I want to avoid. I want my kids to remember a skinny mamma who had lots of energy and enthusiasm about keeping healthy, not an over worked, overweight slob who they inspire not to follow in the foot steps of.

Onwards and upwards from here :)

Sam

Fantastic post Sam repost this on your diary to xxx and when you feel yourself on a bad day, reread them fantastic reasons why you want to achieve TW, good luck xxx and remember your kids will remember the love not your size xxx

I have major snacking issues. I always feel unmotivated and fat when there isn't anything to snack on.
I combat that by having Dukan friendly snacks available as often as possible. If that means Dukan muffins, pancakes, bread and crackers then I make them in bigger batches and keep them in the house for whenever I feel weak. I also like to do cheese and gherkin cocktail sticks because they're easy to pick up and snack on as you go about your business. If you're a sweet snacker then things like Diet Coke ice cubes is the way to go. You can just pop them in your mouth and they last a little while as well. I find that cold custard is also a life saver.
I've also learned not to beat myself up on this diet. If you have a bad day then you have a bad day and you get over it. A bad week, so what? Get on with it. I don't feel guilty about a few slip ups but I do try to keep myself from that slippery slope altogether.

Started with really good intentions back in june but fell of the wagon due to financial difficulties as this diet is not cheap by any means. Now, after being asked to be a bridesmaid for a friend and my dress has been chosen, I dont want to look like a giant banana in it (its yellow). I really wish I could afford the training on line as I feel the support would be great. But I know you guys are priceless on here and really do help when you can. Looking forward to a new journey once again.

Back