Motivation

Tali

I was thinking about the best motivation that people use to keep going in the bad times.

I have seen a very gorgeous dress in Phase 8, I was thinking of getting it in the size I want to be when i loose all the weight and display it in a prominent position so that its my motivation dress.

Has anyone else done or thought about doing it? and does it really work??

Tali
xxx

Just last night I got a skirt out of my wardrobe and hung it on my wardrobe door. I have never worn it but have the perfect event to wear it to at the end of April.

I am using this as my motivation together with an affirmation "I will wear this skirt on 27th April and look fantnastic". I've had thoughts about things I would do/wear/buy once I have reached goal but never made much of a fuss about it. I going to try making a huge fuss now see if it works.

Also in the past I have worn lose comfortable clothing at home, this time I have decided to keep wearing my jeans, these only just fit me but everytime I think of putting something in my mouth I feel their tightness, it's the same with my uniform work skirt, I will only change it for a smaller size, no way am I asking for a larger one.

Good luck, let me know if you try anything that works.

I just need to stand in front of a mirror and look at the double chin and belly rolls :D

No really - my motivation is the thought of being able to wear lovely lightweight summer clothes, without feeling the need to coverup. I plan to ceremoniously dump all the cardigans (and I have many) that I used to wear on top of pretty much everything last summer.

I remember being sat sweltering on the odd day we had any decent sunshine, or constanting having to find shade because the fat on my body was making me overheat and I was too darn embarrased to take my cardy off, for fear of people seeing my fat torso :eek:

thanks for the replies, I will let you know how it all goes cazza :D just have to save the money now to buy it lol

suseka, awww hun i feel your pain xxx

Hey - hope I can join in - my motovation is the thought of being able to wear a strapless maxi dress in the summer with a strapless bra - That all fits and there is no bulging bits over the back! Have to keep thinking about this to keep me going.

Had one last summer but had to wear a bra with straps then keep my cardi on - defeats the purpose of having a summer dress! :D
x

I have a burlesque themed party to go to beginning of april, and I want to look good, not a state... This is my motivation in the short term!

Initially at the start of the year my motivation was being maid of honour at my stepdaughters wedding in June, but as I've started losing the weight and getting more active its not just for that one day, I want to feel healthy for the rest of my life. I want to look great at the wedding, but it has to last longer than that.

I want to do things now, things i've put off doing because I feel to big - I want a holiday abroad!

I want to be able to get out of the same old (mostly black!) clothes and into some feminine clothes.

I want to give poor DH an easier life! Don't know how many times I've said to him "don't look at me!" when i'm getting ready for bed (then when he doesn't look at me, I say "You never look at me any more!" he can't win!!)

Sorry for the ramblings :)

Back