Mouth ulcers and sore gums

klo

I have never had mouth ulcers before and in the last week i've got them coming up at the back of my mouth. I've also got soreish gums behind my teeth.

Anyone else? Any ideas what could be causing it? I was definitely detoxing in week 2 as my face erupted but haven't had any other problems since then at all.

I was going to try some salt water rinse - that should be okay shouldn't it?

Hi Klo,

I'm in my 10th week, and I too have had sore gums for the last 5-6 weeks, no ulcers though.
I've read that because we aren't chewing, we need to be extra vigilant with brushing/flossing as chewing helps to fight plaque. Just a thought, but maybe it's a build up of plaque on the gums...
I've been brushing my teeth at least 4 times a day, and using permitted mouthwash, but to be honest, it's not really helped. I'm now starting to wonder if all the brushing has made my gums sore!
I think I will get my dentist to take a look, maybe you should too!

I thought that I might have to do that. I went to the dentist and for a check up and clean during my first week so they are sparkling and plaque free and there isn't any obvious sign of tartar. If you do go will you post how you get on?

Sore & inflamed gums can be a sign of gingivitis. A few of us have suffered with this whilst on Lipotrim. It is because when you eat, chewing helps to remove plaque & bacteria on our teeth. Corsodyl mouthwash and gel are recommended to use, I used the gel for 4 weeks and mine cleared up thankfully.

Clair x

I also find forever freedom aloe vera gel really good for ulcers as well as anything else you can use it on any part of your body tho it is pricey it is worth every penny its also good for burns sun burn etc.

def agree with the aloe gel, I suffer from mouth ulcers regularly and this really does the trick
hope you get some relief soon
xx

Hi Guys

Not been around for a bit, but keep "peeking" in now and again.

I had the problem twice with gingivitus and it is related to not eating...get the gel for your gums and I recommend you go and visit your dentist. Dont delay it,,,better to keep your teeth in my opinion :)

Back