Move more challenge

Did Day 1 of the 30 day shred last night - ow ow ow ow!!!

But Day 2 coming up after WI tonight!

Hi all

I have been sticking with getting lots of walking done this week...some time on the wii and plenty of housework thrown in for good measure... I find thinking of chores as exercise helps me put more welly into it ;)-so I get a shiney clean house and garden AND burn some wobble :D
I have set myself a mini target for July -to "walk a marathon" -so 42.2km -should be easily do-able...
I find Im actually getting to love exercise -can't wait until Im light enough to feel confident to join a gym or go swimming -I used to do 130 lengths at a time when I was losing weight before....
Anyway -keep at it everyone -even though the hot weather makes it a little more tiring ;)

oooh- alwyn. Have heard of that. Is it really tough? All the review I read said it is rock solid but does really shift the fat

Carthego- just googled Carthage as was still none the wiser, but it appears to be a town in Tunisia?! lol- must be missing something

Allie- but did you enjoy it? I always find with anything that is a bit 'dancy' everyone else gets the steps quicker than me and I end up falling over my own feet- just have a romantic view of Salsa classes (although Hayley off Coronation St kind of spolied that a bit for me!)

Capricorn- that is exactly how I see housework now! I used to hate it and now I save it up and do it in a real 2 hour blitz once a week- 2 hours of vigorous cleaning = 437 calories burned!

Nice one, guys- getting fitter (and hotter (in both senses)) by the day

CP, it is bloody tough!! It's only 27 minutes including the warm up and cool down but you just don't stop!! 3 circuits of 6 minutes, made up of 3 minutes strength training, 2 minutes cardio and 1 minute abs. Kicks my a$$!

CP, it is bloody tough!! It's only 27 minutes including the warm up and cool down but you just don't stop!! 3 circuits of 6 minutes, made up of 3 minutes strength training, 2 minutes cardio and 1 minute abs. Kicks my a$$!
Is there much jumping around? I do Davina at the moment and love the strength stuff but really dislike the fat burning intervals where you have to skip/jog/jump.

Really appreciate your help xxx

CocktailPrincess - I'm a Classics student and last semester we looked at Roman history and my favourite part was the three Punic Wars (wars between Carthage (in modern day Tunisia as you rightly found :)) and Rome.) After the first two wars, a Roman politician called Cato the Elder kept calling for Carthage to be destroyed (Carthago delenda est) and he would add it into any speech. He could be talking about a new building or something, and he'd thrown Carthago delenda est at the end. In the end, there was a third war and Carthage was destroyed :(

I found this hilarious and so it's one of my favourite quotes and so used it as my username.

It's really interesting stuff - well to me anyway :) Hope this clears things up and feel free to ask anything else :)

Last edited:
CocktailPrincess - I'm a Classics student and last semester we looked at Roman history and my favourite part was the three Punic Wars (wars between Carthage (in modern day Tunisia as you rightly fund :)) and Rome.) After the first two wars, a Roman politician called Cato the Elder kept calling for Carthage to be destroyed (Carthago delenda est) and he would add it into any speech. He could be talking about a new building or something, and he'd thrown Carthago delenda est at the end. In the end, there was a third war and Carthage was destroyed :(

I found this hilarious and so it's one of my favourite quotes and so used it as my username.

It's really interesting stuff - well to me anyway :) Hope this clears things up and feel free to ask anything else :)
Nice one! Glad you cleared it up as it has had my mind wondering! May have to invent a new one for myself, like 'Obesity delenda est'- does that work??:D

Nice one! Glad you cleared it up as it has had my mind wondering! May have to invent a new one for myself, like 'Obesity delenda est'- does that work??:D

I love it! :8855:

Is there much jumping around? I do Davina at the moment and love the strength stuff but really dislike the fat burning intervals where you have to skip/jog/jump.

Really appreciate your help xxx

Yeah, the 2 minute cardio secions are things like jumping jacks, ropeless skipping, butt kicks and squat punches. They're only 2 minutes though so you don't really realise how long you've been doing it for!

Will do! Took all my measurements as well before I started, and I'm going to use tonight's weight as my start weight!

Day 2 of Shred - done! And half an hour of walking to group and back! Every little helps ;)

Just done Davina pump + upper body + legs + abs = 1 hour (457 cals burned). I can barely walk- lol

Going away for the weekend to Oxford so will be walking around loads on Friday and Saturday. The hotel has a gym- taking my workout gear and going to give it a try on Sunday morning. How determined am I?

*very smug despite not having actually done the exercise yet*

Ooh, that sounds nice!! At least the intention is there, even if you never actually make it to the gym!!

That's a really awesome calorie burn for your workout!! xx

Took the extra long way home from the bank! Made a 5 min brisk walk into a 20 min brisk walk :)

I put the DVD in last night, it was quite good! Only downside at the moment (only got 10 mins into it before I had to go :() is that the volume is a bit rubbish? Can't hear anything unless there's absolute silence or I stand right up close to the TV, which is a bit difficult as it's 2m up on the wall! xxx

I need to move more. i have just completed my second day of couch to 5K.

Need to start putting my wii back on. Love Let's Dance.

CP - aargh, how annoying!! Back on with Davina ASAP!! That's the one thing good about having my Mum on SW as well, everything she eats is on plan!!

10st - ouch!!

Back