Moving up from SS

marshma

Silver Member
Hi All,

My cdc suggested my target be changed to 5lb less than we originally planned which is fine by me but I am now being moved up the steps and I am really worried about it, I am not really sure why I am worried but I suppose I am a little scared I will get carried away with the food.

I know what you mean - I was going to go up the steps at 11.8 but last week fear gripped me and I continued SS. My CDC is fortunately happy for me to continue with SS and has really left it up to me. I was going to start exercising when I move up to step 2 in order to burn off the extra cals. I think that strictly we are supposed to move up to step 2 when our bmi gets below 25.

Thanks daisy. I am 2lb off my bmi being 25 so this is why she said i should start getting my body used to food again. I have enough products to carry on ss so i think i will study the book and see how i get on.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Hi

I know it can be worrying this is one of my biggest fears, my goal is 10.7 and my cdc has advised I can ss+ till then, my bmi will be 25.4 then, I will then go up the steps, let me know how you get on, best of luck xx

So i had my first meal.chicken salad but now i feel hungry Grr i might do alternate days to ease me in

Hey hope u don't mind me butting in. I'm on ss+ but next week I've been told to do 810 step 2. This week I only lost 2lb do u think my weightloss will b like that threw all the steps? I'm worried I won't get to goal moving up the steps. Any advice? X

sarah56 said:
Hey hope u don't mind me butting in. I'm on ss+ but next week I've been told to do 810 step 2. This week I only lost 2lb do u think my weightloss will b like that threw all the steps? I'm worried I won't get to goal moving up the steps. Any advice? X

Alologies bur also butting in! I did step2 the whole time and lost 1st 6lbs. I appreciate i didnt have as much to kose as some but my losses were gd, e en tho i had occasional slip. I lost 7lbs wk so dont panic, ul be fine :) And the bonus is u can start doing a little exercise if you want to! X

I am happy for the weight to come off slower as i am moving up the steps but food has always been a comfort thing for me and i am just worried i will slip back into my old ways of being a pig lol

marshma said:
I am happy for the weight to come off slower as i am moving up the steps but food has always been a comfort thing for me and i am just worried i will slip back into my old ways of being a pig lol

I wont lie, it is hard and tbh when i went to step3 with carbs it all went t*ts up so ive gone back a step now to lose a few lbs i gained. BUT i think ul be ok on step2 becase ur still in ketosis and still having 3 shakes so shouldnt be hungry. My inspiration is how i felt at goal (i have pics on ny profile if u wanna see where am in a red drsss) and i can honestly tell u that no food or drink tastes as good as i felt that night, so truly it just isn't worth it. If u have a little more protein or green veg its fine too, just no carbs! Ur losses may even speed up, thats happened to some.

Yest i had 0%fat greek yog at brekkie (instead of milk) shake later on at lunch, a bar mid arvo with a cuppa and then my meal followed by a choc mix a mousse in the eve. Im telling u i enjoyed it all and was full but still a little voice wanted to eat crap but i just ignored it and felt fab. You CAN do it, uve done amazing so far so give urself some credit :)

i'm feeling the same! i've only got around a stone to lose but im still SSing through fear of gaining after bringing food back in! its nonsense because obviously i'll have to eat at some point but i'm just nervous of breaking the duck! i'm 3lbs away from being in the 8s and i think thats what holding me back at the mo because i keep saying i'll move up when i get to 8st 12lbs for example but last week i stuck to SS, no extras like chicken or eggs and lost 3lbs. now ive done that its spurred me on to stay with SS to hopefully get another 3lbs off this week but the more i do this the more im putting moving up off! its hard to break the cycle but i need to bite the bullet at some point! x

lumpyandbumpy said:
i'm feeling the same! i've only got around a stone to lose but im still SSing through fear of gaining after bringing food back in! its nonsense because obviously i'll have to eat at some point but i'm just nervous of breaking the duck! i'm 3lbs away from being in the 8s and i think thats what holding me back at the mo because i keep saying i'll move up when i get to 8st 12lbs for example but last week i stuck to SS, no extras like chicken or eggs and lost 3lbs. now ive done that its spurred me on to stay with SS to hopefully get another 3lbs off this week but the more i do this the more im putting moving up off! its hard to break the cycle but i need to bite the bullet at some point! x

There is science behind the diet remember, and try to remember too that 810cal is still a minuscule amount of calories so there is no way that u will not lose, its inpossible! X

I am a bit rubbish with recipes and making dinner so i will probably stick to tuna or chicken salads for the minute.

There is science behind the diet remember, and try to remember too that 810cal is still a minuscule amount of calories so there is no way that u will not lose, its inpossible! X

Yes i know you're right its just me being silly! i am thinking of starting the JUDDD diet, not sure if you're familiar with it but you have a low cal day e.g. 500 cals one day then a high amount e.g. 1900 the next day and you do this every other day so it kickstarts your metabolism and helps you lose around 2lbs a week, plus you can naughty foods if you wish on the up days as part of your allowance. i'm looking forward to doing this but nervous in case i gain! maybe i'll move up to 810 and 1000 then start on juddd to ease myself in gently! x

lumpyandbumpy said:
Yes i know you're right its just me being silly! i am thinking of starting the JUDDD diet, not sure if you're familiar with it but you have a low cal day e.g. 500 cals one day then a high amount e.g. 1900 the next day and you do this every other day so it kickstarts your metabolism and helps you lose around 2lbs a week, plus you can naughty foods if you wish on the up days as part of your allowance. i'm looking forward to doing this but nervous in case i gain! maybe i'll move up to 810 and 1000 then start on juddd to ease myself in gently! x

Yeah have heard of it and know basic principle and sounds quite good. Def need to do more research on diets for when am maintaining. Also looking at calorie counting (for however many i need to maintain) 6 days a wk then having one day where i can eat carbs and have a treat meal of whatever i want including booze! Just hard working out what'll be best for the lifestyle u lead etc. bit of a mind boggler isnt it?!! X

Yeah have heard of it and know basic principle and sounds quite good. Def need to do more research on diets for when am maintaining. Also looking at calorie counting (for however many i need to maintain) 6 days a wk then having one day where i can eat carbs and have a treat meal of whatever i want including booze! Just hard working out what'll be best for the lifestyle u lead etc. bit of a mind boggler isnt it?!! X

yes its not easy! i'm getting bored with CD now just because i've been on it so long! i admire people who stay on it for months on end, ive done it since march and i'm starting to struggle now so goodness knows how people with a lot more to lose manage! its frustrating that i feel like this so close to goal but thats why im battling with my decisions as i'm afraid i'll just sneak into the 8s then end up losing my willpower and climbing back up! wish i could take a magic pill and eat what i want every day!! x

lumpyandbumpy said:
yes its not easy! i'm getting bored with CD now just because i've been on it so long! i admire people who stay on it for months on end, ive done it since march and i'm starting to struggle now so goodness knows how people with a lot more to lose manage! its frustrating that i feel like this so close to goal but thats why im battling with my decisions as i'm afraid i'll just sneak into the 8s then end up losing my willpower and climbing back up! wish i could take a magic pill and eat what i want every day!! x

Yeah if is boring but its the same with every diet i have done. Except this one i have actually seen great results! I am just gonna plug away til im at goal (and maybe a bit under) and then decide about the future. I do think ur idea of JUDD is a good option for the future and will def look in to jt more. My only concern is the logistics of it in life realy but again same with every diet.

Ohhhjjj why werent wr born skinny stick people!!

Back