MrC's Two Week Refeed Plan / Diary

Well done Mr C :clap: Thanks for caring it is the support on this site that helps me so much. I got weighted today 2st 2lbs GONE 3st to go. I bought 2 weeks supply of shakes, I am bringing my netbook just so I can keep in contact with all of you. Unfortunely the pharmacist had not got his delivery of flapjacks, so wish me luck Daisy {thanks for letting me know] getting the shakes through unopened. I will put them in the lipotrim bag in my suitcase. Littleflower 2 well done:0clapper: I was hungry before reading the posts I do not like tomatoes normally but even after only 6 weeks I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO BE EATING THEM NOW . Nevermind my time will come, I am very positive,. :)

I definitely WILL have a Diet Coke littleflower but I'm determined to not have it on refeed now. I want the pain of temptation to linger a little longer. You should get some in to have to help you over your impending hangover. :)

I'll be having tomatoes tomorrow and I'm looking forward to them. I nearly got some on the vine as they were a glorious colour but unfortunately they were too soft for me - I like firm ones (and yes, I'm still talking about the toms :p). I love salad cream on toast but it's too naughty for a refeed so I'm a good week off that yet. Steak is great too - I really am a meat eater and I am looking forward to a mouthful of something four-legged. My oxtails in Guinness recipe will have to be tried out not long after I've re-fed. :eat:

Mary, it really is strange what you do and don't fancy after a good stint on the TFR shakes. I need to find out how healthy kidneys are as I don't normally like them but if ever there was a time to have another shot at it . . lol.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how you get on in Turkey and I do hope that it goes well. I've got my pom-poms and plaid skirt ready for some cheerleading from the sidelines. :party0011:

DAY 8

Breakfast was Orange Creme. can anyone see a pattern developing? :p I really gulped it down and I think that set me off to a really uncomfortable morning.

Actually, it was an extrememely painful morning. Within 15 minutes of having the shake I was doubled up on the floor with stomach pains. After an hour and 2 ibuprofen I was still struggling and I couldn't get it to ease up at all. I decided to go for a 45 minute walk to see if that 'dislodged' something but it didn;t really work. A little later on it eased slightly and so I went up to bed to see if I could sleep it off but no sooner I got into bed my wife rang to tell me she was heading to hospital with her mom who had a heart attack and that I needed to go move the car as she'd left it in a bad place. So another 25 minute walk later I really felt ill - queasy and still had the pains. I tried to make myself sick but that didn't happen but almost instantly the pain and sickness went. An hour later I was as right as rain but I'm a little apprehensive about tomorrow's shake. I must drink it slowly.

The lovely ham sandwich from yesterday made another appearance for lunch today - not the exact same sandwich, that would be gross, but a new one made just the same. :D I had it around 5pm as I'd not been brave anough to try more food until then after the morning's episode.

My dinner was more of the frozen fish but using Irish Molly's suggestion I put a slice of lemon on top of it and that really did make a nice change to the taste. I had a few boiled potatoes and a mix of vegetables (onion, green beans, red pepper, chilli pepper, garlic and carrots) sliced and put on a baking tray. I salted them and added black pepper, thyme, oregano and smoked paprika as well as a couple of slices of lemon and the rest of the lemon juice. It was all really nice and tasty as well as filling.

I did think about having a gin and tonic tonight but I decided on a coffee instead, which I'm about to make. I'll have some alcohol after refeed. I'll probably have one of my Belgian beers as at 10.5% just the one will probably put me on my back as I haven;t had any booze in 2012 yet.

Thankfully the light-headed spells seem to have passed now so I guess my body just tok a while to adjust to the diet changes as I was guessing.

Oh, and my mother-in-law didn't have a heart attack after all, apparently her heart was just beating really slowly (20bpm) so she had an emergency op to have a pacemaker fitted and she should be out of hospital sometime tomorrow.

Oh no Mr C your day didn't start very well with you stomach pains and the drama with your mother-in-law. I'm glad to hear she's got the right treatment and that she's on the mend. Do you think the shake caused the stomach pains? I'm finding the maintenance shakes really sickly sweet and I'm almost gagging towards the end of them. I actually enjoyed the vanilla and chocolate shakes from the TFR range and it sounds strange but I miss them a bit. Sad I know.

I see you had some fish today for dinner. I'm planning on having some tomorrow and I'll definitely be putting a slice of lemon on top, that sounds yummy. I'm a bit worried about the taste of the fish with the veg. Before this diet I would have covered my greens with HP brown sauce but that won't be an option tomorrow. I wonder if I'll like them without the sauce.

It was strange how much I enjoyed my salad today. I'm not normally a salad person but I absolutely loved it. I'm actually really looking forward to having it again tomorrow.

I laughed at my husband tonight. I made up both a cup of tea and he produced a carrot cake to celebrate me coming off refeed. The look I gave him was nothing normal. Is he serious????

Don't be so hard on your hubby - carrot IS allowed on refeed! :p

I never used to be much of a veggie person either but I've really enjoyed them on the refeed. I've boiled them, had them raw and had them roasted too and they have all been great apart from cucumber which I've gone off. I also don't like peppers with tuna either.

I could never have swede without a tonne of butter but I can now. I could never have a sandwich without butter or margerine but I can do that too. You might be pleasantly suprised having your veg without the of HP sauce (which used to be made about 6 miles away from where I live!). That combination of yours actually sounds a bit nasty to me. though - it reminds me of my brother as a kid when he used to make a pot noodle then tip it out onto a plate and put a load of tomato ketchup on top. Yuck!

See how you get on with the chocolate whip as I thought that wasn't that different in flavour to the TFR chocolate shake. It was just a lot more solid and filling. You do know you can have the TFR shakes on refeed though if you really fancied those instead? The bonus with the maintenance ones is that they are cheaper to buy.

DAY 9

With some trepidation I had a Summer Fruits shake for breakfast. After yesterdays 'indigestion' I drank this very slowly and thankfully, I had no ill effects.

Lunch was my caribbean chicken which in truth wasn't very carribean but was nice none-the-less. I sliced an onion and a chilli and dry fried them until soft in a non-stick pan. I then added dried thyme, ground black pepper, Tabasco sauce and white balsamic vinegar and fried them until the vinegar had burnt off. I then tipped in a small tin of sweetcorn and it's juice and cooked it some more until the liquid had gone and the corn started getting a bit coloured. I then added a small can of salt fish and it's juice and broke that up and cooked it all until dry again. I then tipped it on to a plate and ate two thirds of it. It really could have made two portions and I was quite full on the amount I'd had. I think if I wasn't on refeed I would try this for a main meal but I'd try adding a little bit of coconut milk for the last minute or so of cooking. I could probably have got some tomatoes or peppers in there too.

Dinner was my chicken kebab. I mixed paprika, black pepper, salt, mustard and lemon juice together into a paste and marinated my chicken breast in it for a couple of hours. I then popped it in the over while I chopped tomatoes, cucumber, onion and white cabbage and mixed this up with lemon juice in a dish. For the kebab sauce I used quark, chilli powder, Tabasco sauce, lemon juice and a spoon of mint sauce into a fairly loose paste. It was ok but I'm not too sure about using quark in this and a low-fat cream or yoghurt may have been better. I'll try doing it differently when I have my next kebab later in the week. Anyway, I toasted my pita and cut it open, spread the sauce inside then added my chicken which I'd sliced up. I then rammed a load of the salad inside too and shook a little more lemon juice on top while the left over salad was put on the side of the plate with a dollop of the sauce mixture. I enjoyed it and can't wait to try it again with sauce mk II. :)

I've just had another coffee and I'm happy to report that my digestive system seems to be kicking into gear too at last - I've been to the loo twice today. (Too much information! :sick0019: )

so what are the chances of you cooking for me?? Thought so! Just as well i have started exante then in a final push to loose half a stone in 3 weeks before my hols!
You have done so well on this, good for you:0clapper:

Mr C you certainly have a lot more imagination with your refeed than me. Your meals always sound so yummy.

So what's the quark like? I can't seem to buy it here. I looked in the cream section as well as the cheese section & it was nowhere to be seen. I had to make do with very low fat fromage frais instead. I couldn't even get whole meal pittas today either which was very annoying.

The quark was from Sainsbury's but I saw it in Asda too. I've thrown mine away now as I don't think it's quite the right thing to be using most of the things I want it in. I need to look for the lowest fat cream I can for my pasta sauce near the end of the week and I think a 0% fat yoghurt will do for the kebab sauce this time around too. I guess for the amount I'll be having on my kebab I could just go for mayonnaise or something but I want to try to be as good as I can on the refeed.

I couldn't find the wholemeal pasta I wanted or the brown rice either - they are available because I've seen them before but it's just a case of going to the right supermarket at the right time I guess. I forget what I see and where I see it.

Most things have been fine but some things haven't gone quite as I'd have liked but it's fun trying them out. It'll be even more fun when I have a kitchen - the only workspace I have right now is the top of the washing machine. Plating up two seperate roast dinners tonight was a bit of a challenge but at least my juggling skills are coming along well. :D

DAY 10

The Orange Creme for breakfast went down ok today so I think my indegestion of a couple of days ago was just a one-off brought on by gulping too fast.

Lunch was a baked spud with salt and pepper on. Twelve minutes in the microwave then twenty in a hot oven pretty much turned the inside to mash and the outside into bark - just how I like my spuds! :D They taste 'nutty' when done like this and the flesh mashes easily with a fork so there's no need for butter. The salt and pepper just add enough to bring out the taste.

For dinner tonight I mashed my carrots into my potato with some black pepper, had some microwaved green beans and the usual grilled chicken breast. I did my wife a pork chop, buttery swede mash, green beans, stuffing and roasted baby potatoes with a thyme seasoning. She had instant gravy and as there was some left over I added a little more water to thin it out a bit more and had some on my food too. It was really nice and my wife enjoyed hers too.

I had a coffee for dessert and that concluded another refeed day.

Hi Mr C I like the sound of your baked spud. I might be stealing your recipe again :)

I had an orange creme shake this morning & this may sound a bit strange but a had mine by taking it like soup with a spoon. It meant I was taking it very slowly & it didn't seem to get as sickly towards the end.

Let us know how you get on with the Exante, patchesmum. I'm guessing it's like LT but with a bit of food thrown in for those that like to cheat!? :D Seriously, no diet is easy so I hope you get on ok with it. Good luck.

Those shakes are quite 'gloopy' Laina so I can see how you'd take a spoon to one of them. It still seems a little weird though! :p I'm getting the feeling that 'Soup Boy' here is the only one that likes the maintenance shakes too. Ha ha.

DAY 11

Summer Fruits for breakfast.

Lunch was another baked spud cooked the same as yesterday. They are so nice and 'buttery' but without the butter! Am I sounding delerious here? :D

A little later on I thought that maybe I should have tried to have some vegetables with my lunch so I had a a bit of sauerkraut in a dish which was ok-ish. I'm not a big fan but it was alright and it did fill me up.

Dinner was a nice soft bap with a grilled gammon steak on it. I also dry fried an egg in a non-stick pan and put that in there too. I couldn't decide what vegetables to have with it but my wife came up with the answer. She had a small can of beans to put on her food but it had sausages in which she hadn't realised. She wouldn't eat them so I took the sausages out and had the beans myself. I put a bit of Guinness flavoured HP Sauce on them and they were lovely. I was able to mop up the tomato sauce with my meat sandwich. It seemed like junk food but I'm sure it was healthier than usual.

Two coffees today and I resisted having a gin or a beer.

Hi MrC. Am doing total exante, similar principle to LT but choice of bars, soups or porridge as well as shakes. So far all taste pretty ok, just couldn't face any more shakes! Have done 3days and amazingly, havn't cheated! I just always felt the need to eat on Lt not for food but for the sensation!
Just going to do another 18days to see if I can shift a few last pounds before my hols, then will do about another 3 weeks to loose it again......
Just being realistic!

I like the sound of your dinner, mmm, I have been dreaming about eggs. I can't wait to have some poached eggs on wholemeal toast sometime soon. I can't imagine what the Guinness flavour HP sauce would be like though - curious!!!! I like the original but I didn't even know you could get Guinness flavour in it.

Hi lainaG I hope I dont speak out of turn but only into my 7th week and already I notice loose skin. Maybe its the the fact I am here in Turkey in a swimsuit. Although I will be delighted to get rid of the weight tomorrow I am 55 years old my skin will look awful especially when I get to my target weight. So far so good its 25 c . I got my shakes here ok folks so hope all is well with all of you my dieting friendsxx

Hi lainaG I hope I dont speak out of turn but only into my 7th week and already I notice loose skin. Maybe its the the fact I am here in Turkey in a swimsuit. Although I will be delighted to get rid of the weight tomorrow I am 55 years old my skin will look awful especially when I get to my target weight. So far so good its 25 c . I got my shakes here ok folks so hope all is well with all of you my dieting friendsxx

Hi Mary, lucky you enjoying the lovely weather in Turkey. It's cold, wet and miserable over in Northern Ireland - as usual :sigh:

I'd say you are noticing the loose skin a lot more because you're in your swimsuit quite a bit while on holiday. Most of the time you'll be more covered up over here so most people wouldn't see that but you could see if there's any skin firming creams that might help with it and maybe there might be some toning exercises you could do to firm up the problem areas a bit. I have a lot of stretch marks left behind on my belly and upper thighs so I've been applying bio oil to see if that helps. The way I look at it is I've had two children so I'm not going to have a model's body and as long as I'm happy and my husband isn't complaining then why worry :). I'll be heading to Portugal in August so I'll be lying up in my swimsuit showing off my stretch marks for all to see :D.

I hope you're enjoying your holiday. I think you have amazing willpower to go there and stick to the TFR shakes - well done you :clap:

The best diet is the one you can stick to Patches so if swapping diets keeps you hanging in there then that is indeed the sensible thing to do. I know where you are coming from regarding the zzzzzzzz of those shakes and not eating. You don't have a lot left to lose if your stats are up to date so you should be going on holiday in a great frame of mind. Hopefully you'll have a fruitful few weeks now.

I'm hoping that once I start my exercise again Mary that I will firm up a bit. I do have a little around my waist/stomach and inside my thighs where I am a little flabby still, even though I'm WAY below where I was hoping to be weight-wise. I think it is as much skin as it is fat and I really do need to push on and start exercising again. I'm 41 and am wondering just how much elasticity is left in my skin. I can't use any creams as I hate having that 'greasy' feeling and althought this Site has got me in touch with my feminine side I have to draw a line somewhere! :p

I really am impressed that you're out in Turkey and still sticking to the TFR - it's exceptional. I really hope you have a big loss when you get back. Enjoy your holiday.

Laina, the Guinness HP is great. I used to mix some with mayonnaise and have it as the sauce on a chiken breast burger. It's quite strong tasting. I know Sainsbury's have it and at least one of Asda or Morrison's do too. Here's a link: Sauce Partners - HP Guinness

Hi LainaG Hope you are feeling well. Not long to August now. When I started this diet on March 24th 2012 I thought it was a long time until my holiday in May and the time flew. Of course your right I am a granny now I accept my body nobody notices me and I am happy it is great to see the weight go. Thanks for reminding me about the bio oil I used that before years ago. I replied to mr C as well but the connection was not good at the time so I am not sure if it was send . Thanks everyone you are all my dieting friends and I could not do this without you all xx

Well done patchesmum you will do it.:) Enjoy your holiday :character00238:.Today is my birthday I might have a salad tonight.Thinking about it but if I do I will be back on shakes tomorrow. The salad here in Turkey is very plain called season salad.xx

Back