MrC's Two Week Refeed Plan / Diary

Thanks Mr C :) Its wonderful to read your posts. Today is my birthday and hubby suggested a season salad to me tonight. Very plain lettuce tomato onion maybe I will see. As long as I can go back on shakes ok straight away. I have stopped reading your menus until I am at my target weight they so:candledinner:und so lovely.XX

Happy Birthday Mary. I think we could let you get away with a salad while you're on holiday AND your birthday, especially as you're TFR'ing on the other days. I really hope you enjoy it too. :) :bestwishes:

Sorry about the food log - I've enjoyed most of it but it really isn't gourmet food. I think I might have embelished the descriptions a bit, although I did enjoy today's food again! :p

DAY 12

Orange Creme for breakfast (with a straw and not a spoon Laina :p )

For lunch I dry fried an egg and had it on two very lightly buttered (low fat spread actually) slices of brown bread toast. It was really nice and the yolk was runny and messy. :) That is the first time I've added ANY fat to my refeed and I'm actually a little miffed because I still think I'd have enjoyed it without the spread.

My dinner was a runaway success. Finely chopped onion and a clove of garlic was dry fired in a pan along and then red balsamic vinegar, Tabasco sauce and oregano was added. Once it was all cooked off I added most of a small can of sweetcorn and after a few minutes frying added a can of chopped tomatoes and some ground black pepper. Once this had thickened I added a drained can of tuna and some lemon juice. After this was broken up and stirred in I added 4oz of wholewheat fusilli that I had cooked while making the sauce. This was all mixed together and warmed through then dolloped on a plate and gulped down. It really was nice and filling.

I never had my grapefruit today as I wasn't that hungry between meals and it didn't seem worth forcing it down.

One cup of coffee tonight has completed today's menu.

Thanks Mr C:thankyou: you enjoy your food and I will certainly be referring to it when I finish this lipotrim 100%. Its great that you share it with us.xx

I really should stop reading this thread now as its making me salivate, 4 weeks to go until refeed :character00115:

These fried egg sandwiches are just too much. That's it I'm definitely going to buy some eggs this week. I'll also be looking for the Guinness flavoured HP sauce :)

Four weeks isn't long emily4amanda and with food to look forward to I'm sure you can have a good (no naughty weeks :p) go at your TFR.

The eggs do feel like a bit of a treat Laina. I've enjoyed them every time and they do seem quite rich when you eat them.

A little late due to computer issues but here's my penultimate refeed day:

DAY 13

Summer Fruits for breakfast. I think I'll order another couple of weeks of these and Chocolate Whips as I quite like them.

Lunch was a thin slice of beef on brown bread. I didn't put any spreads or relishes on and it was probably just a bit too dry although it was really tasty. I think I could have got away with a really thin spread of margerine and that would have made it really nice.

The kebab I had for dinner was better than the last kebab I made. I painted a chicken breast with Tabasco sauce and baked it in the oven for 45 minutes and then sliced it and put it in a pita along with one of my homemade coleslaws.

I have a whole range of coleslaws I make but I was conscious to try and do one that wasn't too heavy on the fat / cals. I prepared the vegetables: finely shredded white cabbage, finely chopped (almost minced) onion, grated baby carrots and grated parsnip. I then mixed the dressing up in a large plastic tub with a fitted lid so I could shake it. The dressing ingredients were a VERY low-fat mayonnaises, a touch of mustard, lemon juice, white balsamic vinegar, a pinch of sugar and some ground black pepper. Once this was all mixed I added the vegetables to the tub and shook the whole thing up until everything was covered. I left it to stand for half an hour before I had it although some people say they longer you leave a coleslaw the more the taste develops. This is probably true but I find that it also gets more 'watery' and I'm not keen on that.

Two coffees this evening as I think the onion taste in the coleslaw left me craving something sweet.

DAY 14

This is my last refeed day and uninspiringly it was a day of repeats although I was more than happy with the food I had.

Breakfast was a Summer Fruits shake.

Lunch was the dry fried egg on toast that I had on DAY 12 except this time I didn't put any margarine on the toast and it was fine without it.

Dinner was the gammon and egg bap from DAY 11 but this time instead of having baked beans with it I had a couple of grilled tomatoes and a bit of sweetcorn as I had them handy.

The customary coffee for dessert went down ok too. :p

That's it. Refeed is over and I will treat myself to a Diet Coke tomorrow. :)

I haven't got anything set in stone regarding a maintenance plan yet but I'll work a few ideas up over the next week or so. It'll be interesting to see what happens now I'll be left to my own devices and I intend to start keeping a Maintenance Diary to help keep track of things and give me a bit of focus.

Thanks for the encouragement during my refeed fellow LTers and good luck with you diets/refeeds/maintenance regimes.

Your refeed diary will be inspirational to so many. Well done on doing a long and careful refeed. It really does pay dividends to refeed carefully.
To maintain your losses, try not returning to too many bad habits. If we let these regain control then the weight starts to creep back in.
Flavouring foods with spices, herbs, lemon juice, balsamic, garlic, fresh ginger etc will give you all the taste you need without the hidden sugars and additives that you find in packet mixes, sauces etc. Try using some creme fraiche instead of quark. It adds a nutty flavour and a little goes a long way.
It's a good idea to keep a maintenance diary until you feel comfortable. Enjoy finding lots of new exciting foods and reacquainting with some old favs.

Great thread MrC. As someone who's looking to keep it off long term I think a 2 week reseeding plan is a great idea! Might even push it to 4 when I get there :p

Back