Mrs F's Food Diary - Trying to keep the momentum up!!

ok so food and drink wise this weekend was AWFUL! And it all stemmed from a 2lb gain on the scales - talk about no common sense, bad gain so I decide to blow the diet hmmm.

Anyway moving on to this week, I am sticking with SW till Thursday (As I am taking a friend out Thursday night for a couple of glasses of vino for her birthday so no point starting something new till Friday) then I am taking a leapt to Slim Fast - I know it's not ideal, but I need to do something to shock my body in to losing some weight, so milkshakes for breakfast and lunch it is! I only have a few weeks until my holiday so ideally I want to try and have a good few weeks now, so I don't feel like a lump when I am on holiday.

Yesterdays food looking like this:

Breakfast: ML Yogurt and 3 satsumas

Lunch: Jacket potato with beans

Dinner: Chicken topped with mushrooms and cheese (Hex A), with SW chops and large salad - there were a few nibbles of cheese as I was grating so I am also going to allow another 3 syns for this.

Snacks: fresh and dried fruit (HexB)

Exercise: 1 hour badminton

Food for today:

Breakfast: Watermelon and strawberries topped with a mullerlight yogurt and 35g Alpen (HexB)

Lunch: Tuna and cheese (HexA) salad, I had a little bit of oil and balsalmic oil on this so will allow 3 syns

Snacks: Apple, plum and pomengrante

Dinner: Sticky Beef with green veg and rice

Exercise: 30minutes in the gym and 45minute step class

Getting fed up of all this up and down malarkey on the scales - so I hope the new plan gives me the kick up the backside I need!! Also I can't believe the increase in the exercise has not had any effect, but hey ho, I will continue!!

Boo to those darn scales. You said the other week you were thinking of mixing it up, so whatever works for you Hun. I lasted a whole day on slim fast years ago, so you'll be doing better than me! Lol :)

Boo to those darn scales. You said the other week you were thinking of mixing it up, so whatever works for you Hun. I lasted a whole day on slim fast years ago, so you'll be doing better than me! Lol :)

Haha that's my worry, but I have the stuff so ready to start from Friday and see how I get on .... I think it's worth a try!! X

Unfortunately exercise doesn't do much at all without the diet being right but I agree it is so frustrating as I too exercise a lot but have a few naughties and fluctuate around the same weight.

BUT it does make you healthy and toned so still worth it :D xxxx.

Unfortunately exercise doesn't do much at all without the diet being right but I agree it is so frustrating as I too exercise a lot but have a few naughties and fluctuate around the same weight. BUT it does make you healthy and toned so still worth it :D xxxx.

Oh I know, and weirdly I actually enjoy it, telling myself if nothing else I am getting fitter :) let's see if slim fast from Friday and exercise makes me a lean machine.....it just a few pounds lighter haha xx

Oh I'm looking forward to hearing about how you get on with Slim Fast kfowler, I know you will but do keep us posted. I think I'd feel quite cheated out of food?! Good luck! :)

Jessy you are so right, my old personal trainer once told me that weight wise, you're body is determined 80% by what you put in, and 20% by what you put out. I used to think as long as I went to the gym I could eat what I like. I was SO wrong!

Oh I'm looking forward to hearing about how you get on with Slim Fast kfowler, I know you will but do keep us posted. I think I'd feel quite cheated out of food?! Good luck! :) Jessy you are so right, my old personal trainer once told me that weight wise, you're body is determined 80% by what you put in, and 20% by what you put out. I used to think as long as I went to the gym I could eat what I like. I was SO wrong!

I have to say as long as the meal bars and shakes are filling I 'should' be ok .... It's gonna be that blasted vino that might get me!! I'm actually trying to not have another drink (after tomorrow night) until holibobs on the 13th September 2014 so I can remain really focused...let's see how far I get haha!

Ouch 80/20 hey.... That's a little depressing when I've been upping the gym time....however better to have a good 20% I suppose ;) x

Forgot to add todays food:

B: Apple and banana topped with ml yogurt and alpen light (Hex B)

S: Nuts (6 syns) and an apple

L: Wild rice mixed with Tuna, tomatoes, pepper, cucumber and red onion

S: 2 babybel light (HexA - well most of it) and a ml yogurt

D: Jacket potato with beans and a small sprinkling of cheese (Rest of HexA) with a large side salad

Exercise: 45 minute legs, bums and tums class

Tomorrow is not going to be particularly any diet friendly as I am off out with the girls for a birthday celebration and have been told in no uncertain terms I am not too drive, so there will be a couple of vinos - not more though as it is a school night :) I think we are going to prezzo, so will probably have a pasta dish of some sort - I usually go for something spicy so an arrabiata would be good, and probably not too bad syn wise! Breakfast will be the usual fruit and yogurt, fruit snacks throughout the day and will probably make a tuna salad for lunch. Exercise - I am getting up at 6.30am for a spinning class - god help me!! x

Sorry, I didn't mean to depress you! And yes absolutely, it still gives huge benefits to your heart, your skin and your mental health :)

I am SO impressed with your not drinking until your holiday.. you go girl!

Please save your impressed state until we get there...haha I have so much confidence in myself ;) x

Hope spin was good! xxxx

Good Morning all - it's friday, and it's almost the bank holiday weekend whoop :)

Had a lovely meal out last night, with a few cheeky glasses of vino as planned! So on with today which is day1 of Slim Fast - so the plan says I must have 2 meals replaced with either shakes or meal bars, 3 <100cal snacks and one main meal of <600cals.

So the plan so far (and you will have to bear with me as I get used to this!)

B: Simply Vanilla shake - It was actually really tasty, quite sweet and fairly filling!! Tescos made a mistake and sent me a batch of choc shakes rather than vanilla ones, and based on how sweet this one was, i may struggle with a choc shake in the morning so may need to buy some more and leave choc ones for lunchtimes!

Morning snack - Apple

Lunch: Summer berries meal bar

Afternoon snack - Slim fast choc nutty nougat bar

Dinner: I got some trout out this morning so will make a meal of less than 600 calories out of that and update this later

Evening snack - Probably a piece of fruit or some nuts

Tonight me and hubby are having a date night, and are heading back to an old haunt of ours where we used to go when we first started dating 7 years ago. It is a pub, but I am DES and will be on blackcurrent and sodas (my drink of choice when we were first dating and I didn't want to give away my vino addiction haha!) and the night will be full of playing pool, darts and the monopoly game on the fruit machine - I am rubbish at all 3, but when we were first dating we used to have such a giggle we thought we would try it again :) Also it gets me out of the house so i won't be thinking about food or watching hubby devouring large pots of ben and jerry ice cream :)

Another thing I did find quite amusing yesterday which I thought I would share - I was looking on the slim fast website looking for <100cal snack inspiration and they have a whole section on alcohol .... apparently if I don't have any of the snacks food wise during the day, I could have 375ml (half a bottle) of wine a day..... which is great, but on 2 milkshakes and a <600cal meal I could be a cheap date haha!!

Happy Friday everyone!! xx

Hope spin was good! xxxx

Spin was good, and a really hard session, but set me up well for the day!!! I have just booked my first body pump session for sunday morning so wish me luck :) x

Have fun on date night hun, love doing things like that and good luck on Day 1 of Slim Fast.

Had to giggle that you can swop your two snacks for half a bottle of wine - that could have disasterous consequences!! :party0036:

Haha loving the wine consumption allowance ;) deffos would be a cheap date on about 700 kcals.

Date night really sounds lovely :) there's not many things better than just quality time you and your OH :)

xxxx

Thanks girls, now off out, let's see if I can beat him at at least one thing ;)

Dinner was rainbow trout with chillis, 130g SW chips and a massive salad .... 445 calls! I even got to add a little avacado on the salad which I really enjoyed - I tended to avoid it on SW because I had to syn it and would rather spend the syns elsewhere!

Really enjoyable, and really surprised how much I could eat for that few a calories! I've got my snack ready for later and I have to say day 1 of slim fast has been quite successful - didn't ever feel hungry and felt in control all day (and didn't have to massively plan my day which is how it feels sometimes on SW!) hmm let's see how the weekend goes!

Have a great evening everyone x

Back