Mrs Jeffery's weight loss mission

Thanks for your replies ladies, been feeling a bit nauseous today off and on....another thing thats making me think that I might be further on than I thought? Still expecting blood every time I go to the loo, I'm literally going to drive myself insane.

Spending the evening with both our mums wasn't easy, we really don't want to tell them until we are sure but boy it was hard. They were asking lots of questions about my blood test and the fertility appointment. Fobbed them off on the blood test but dunno what we will say when we go past our fertility appointment date???

I think I did okay tonight

Had an Alpen light and apple for a snack

Then I had some grapes, some ham, the teensiest slither of pizza you have every seen, one quarter of a cheese and onion sandwich and 2 small breaded chicken strip things.....nothing from the cake/doughnut/biscuit section even though it looked sooooooo good! Haven't a clue in syns but I'm not unhappy with it. I think I showed restraint. My tummy in particular feels so jumbly that I daren't eat more anyway.

Got a 3year olds princess party tomorrow but should be easier to avoid the food there as I'll eat before I go....although I might have to try a teeny bit of cake :)

Another day done - still pregnant and still on course for a weigh loss hopefully this week. Blimey!

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! So, I woke up this morning and felt the urge to take a pregnancy test, period is a couple of days late, boobs hurt and have had indigestion all week but nothing too major and bloody hell, it was positive!! Shitttttttttttttt. If you have read this whole diary then you will know I had a positive pregnancy test in January but it didn't last :-( so I am trying not to get too excited as obviously it is super early days but shittttttttt it's positive!! Woke hubby up with the test this morning but obviously can't tell anyone else yet so couldn't wait to spill to you guys :) Been very distracted at school today and just keep going to the loo expecting to blood like last time. I want to take another test, one clear red line just ain't enough for me, but I am going to wait until the weekend just to give it more time, if it's going to stick then waiting a few days won't hurt. Four stone by Xmas might not be so reasonable now haha anyway, I have been on plan today even though I was so very nearly tempted by some hot buttery toast earlier... Breakfast: Alpen light bar (3) Lunch: ryvita, dairylea, tomatoes and cucumber (hexa and b) Snack: random packet of cinnamon Graham's I had in my handbag (5syns) Dinner: lean mince, rice, broccoli, onions and courgette and that's about it for the day......
Omg just catching up, i am away at the moment in Spain (kind of holidays but I am Spanish by the way so it's more like coming to see the family kind of thing) and my period is late too, also had mc in january the 31st so imagine we both preggers at the same time that'll be amazing!! Fingers crossed awwww xx

Omg just catching up, i am away at the moment in Spain (kind of holidays but I am Spanish by the way so it's more like coming to see the family kind of thing) and my period is late too, also had mc in january the 31st so imagine we both preggers at the same time that'll be amazing!! Fingers crossed awwww xx

oooooo exciting times, when are you going to test? I'll defo have my fingers crossed for you, keep me posted :)

Not a good start to the day......couldn't face the thought of anything dairy-ish this morning so Mullers and weetabix were ruled out and then I went straight for two bits of white toast. Fail! But so nice and it's kinda settled my stomach.

I'm thinking if I could manage to have only that as syns today I might still be able to stay on track :-/

What's everyone up to today? Hope you are all more firmly on plan than I seem to be!

Terrible day food wise. Have felt rotten all day so just not being trying. Must must must get back on track tomorrow before I really mess this up.

Breakfast: 2x toast and flora light
Lunch: didn't really happen had cucumber and carrots and 2x cocktail sausages at party.
Snack: we got given birthday cake, I wanted to throw it away but ended up eating it....sensible sized piece though.
Then I got really peckish and had some random ham from the fridge, a jumbo chocolate rice cake and a couple of small handfuls of frosties straight from the packet......just lucky we don't have much 'naughty' stuff in our house anymore!
Dinner: pork loin chops (fat removed) sw roast potatoes, carrots, sprouts, broccoli and gravy.

I think that's all I have polished off....no thought to syns, hex a or hex b.....

If this pregnancy is to last then I can't use it as an excuse to eat, I cannot undo all my hard work. I need to have a harsh word with myself if I have another day like this!!

Aww the first few weeks are awful although at least you're feeling like this for a good reason :) just do what you need to for the next few weeks to help with the nausea and you can get back on track fully once you're feeling better. You're bound to be a 'serial knicker checker', it's hard to relax but once you've had your scan you'll hopefully feel more reassured xx

Ooh exciting patty! Fingers crossed for you :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yesterday wasn't too bad. Yes you went over on syns, but you could have been a lot worse considering you went to a birthday party :)

Congratulations, I'm really pleased for you. Well done on trying to keep on track, just thinking about what you're eating means you're doing better than you would have otherwise.
In my nauseous early pregnancy all I could eat was any form or combination of potato and cheese! Not good!x

Thanks for the messages ladies, they are keeping me sane....kinda :-/

Another not great/not terrible day, I think I just feel different and I certainly don't feel as focused weight wise as I did last week!

Breakfast: 2 Alpen light bars when I could finally face them at about break time. (Hexb)
Lunch: pasta packet thing made with water and some wafer thin ham ( no super free )
snack: 2x white bread toast with flora light (got to stop this but it stops me feeling sick almost instantly!)
Dinner: Shepard's pie with loads of extra veg, carrots, peas, mushrooms, onions.

So syn wise it's the toast and then the gravy for dinner ....can I kid myself that's less than 15 :-/

Dreading weigh in tomorrow, not sure I can face it but it's the right thing to do. I am right not to mention it to my consultant yet right? It is way too early to be of any concern of hers?! I'm still so worried this isn't going to last :-(

You're doing fine, white bread is 4.5 syns per slice of medium (I'm assuming it's an 800g loaf?) plus flora so you still have syns spare and if it's making you feel better then go for it :)

If you're not ready to tell your consultant then don't. I think I read somewhere that you have to have a note signed by your dr/midwife to give you the go ahead to carry on going to group whilst pregnant but as you're not registered yet you don't need to mention it.

Sending a huge *hug* you're way :) I know it's hard to stay positive but just take one day at a time xx

Thanks miataiblue, I'm not going to tell my consultant for a while yet, doesn't really make sense to yet does it :) it seems for all my moaning and worrying this week I've done ok as I lost 2lb tonight, really pleased as really didn't want to start gaining just yet! I didn't stay for meeting tonight though as I just felt so sick, I wanted to get home and eat. I was thinking as I left tonight that 'when' I do get to my goal weight it really won't be down to my consultant. I really don't find her very supportive. As I walked out tonight (after staying for every week so far) she didn't even say goodbye to me, just walked straight past on her way back in after having a fag. I felt a bit annoyed actually but I can blame hormones for that haha

so food today

Breakfast: sooooooo nauseous on my way into school, thought I was going to have to pull over at one point. When I got to school I had a belvita cereal bar that stopped the feeling almost straight away

lunch: 3x ryvita and some dairylea and an Alpen light bar

Dinner: no cerea!! I'm so over dairy right now! So I have just demolished a malt loaf ......mmmmm mmmmmm

So again not a great day but could totally have been worse.

Aim for tomorrow is to try and get some fruit and veg in me even though it is the absolute last thing I feel like eating.

Hope you are all well.

I'd suggest switching to another group too. Your consultant should be someone that you can trust and feel like you confide in and obviously yours isn't :( I really would look into finding a new group

Well done on the 2lb loss too :D xx

Thanks for the messages, I would like to change cos of the consultant but at the same time I love the other ladies in my group :-/ tricky, cos it's so convenient too.

Today has been ok, felt a bit sick on and off but feel like it was a better 'on plan' day even though I woke up at 4:45 and just couldn't get back to sleep.

Breakfast: belvita breakfast bar thing (10syns) loads of syns but ate it in the car on the way to school and sickly feeling soon went :)

lunch: ryvita, dairylea, tomatoes and cucumber (hexa and hexb)

Snack: cinnamon Graham's snack pack (3syns)

Dinner: gammon, egg, mash, green beans and sweet corn

not too bad really, our oven has broken tonight and it was soooooo tempting to just say sod it and get a takeaway but really no excuse when the hob still works haha

oh and app says 5 weeks preggers today......so far....so sticky :)

Woohoo! 5 weeks for your sticky bean :)

You've got to weigh up the pros and cons for your group and see how you feel.

Well done on resisting the takeaway. My dad decided to treat us all to a takeaway tonight but I'm pleased with my choices and managed to stay within syns so it wasn't too bad. It felt like a real treat xx

Well done for getting back on plan yesterday :)

I agree with miataiblue that you need to weigh up the pros and cons of your current group. Do any of the other ladies that you're close to feel the same?

Thanks for the advice about my group, most of the other ladies there have been going years and years so they are happy enough.....although not really skinnier!! I'll see how I feel over the next couple of sessions, she how I feel about her when I put on as it's always been so nice when I keep losing!

Today didn't start well and then just got worse.

Breakfast: belvita bar (10syns) just don't fancy anything else in the morning, these are so dry they are perfect!

Lunch: ryvita, dairylea, cucumber and tomatoes oh and a mini diet coke my TA bought for me (hex a and b)

Snack: 2 Aplen light bars

it was parents evening tonight so was a long day at school, got home just after 7 and was totally starving and nauseous all at the same time. Had a packet of batchelors pasta and it was gross, mushroom and garlic or something....felt unsatisfied so then had two bits of toast. Mr J is out tonight so then felt bored and sorry for myself so had 4 chocolates from the open daily milk box in the cupboard.....resisted it for months so why tonight!

I should of been done there but then I still felt like I wanted more food, I didn't, I know full well it was because I was bored and home alone so I ended up with a couple of handfuls of frosties straight from the box. Total pig and no reason for it.

What I should of done was prepare something more substantial in advance so I could of just heated it up when I got back late tonight....lesson learnt.

oh well, draw a line under it and more onto tomorrow.....

Hope you are all doing better than me :)

Oh dear.......it's going from bad to worse.

Breakfast: belvita bar

Lunch: ryvita, dairylea, cucumber and tomatoes and an Alpen light bar

Dinner: chicken tonight sauce ( who knows how many syns!) chicken, mushrooms, rice, broccoli and green beans.

Then.....5 fake Lindt chocolate balls and a curly wurly.

I need a kick up the arse big time!

You're still staying in control of what you eat though, even if it doesn't seem like it syn wise. You still know what you've eaten and how much. I don't know about you but pre sw I wouldn't have known how many Lindt balls I'd eaten, I'd probably just eat the whole box! Lol.

Don't be too hard on yourself xx

Back