Mrs Jeffery's weight loss mission

This afternoon I had an apple and Alpen light bar as a snack (hexb)

So we had friends round for dinner tonight and we had...

Dinner: chicken in a BBQ sauce (about 3 syns if going by the 1 syn= 20calories rule?) sw wedges, peppers, onions and mushrooms

Pudding: they had angel delight with crushed malteasers and flake I had mint muller with fresh strawberries and two teaspoons of crushed malteasers (4syns??)

So today I haven't really had my hexa or the second half of my hexb but I'm not hungry so not going to eat anything else just for the sake of it.

We we hadn't seen the friends for a few weeks and they said they could see I'd lost weight which was good to hear :)

Got my muller and oats in the fridge ready for yummy pancakes tomorrow......hopefully we will sleep in and it will be a good brunch.

Hope you are all having a nice weekend.

Hey y'all :)

lovely day here so far, even though I've been just school planning for the last two hours - oh the fun!

Breakfast was late as expected but totally worth the yummy pancakes, made them with a banana muller and had fresh banana on top - delicious :) (hexb)

lunch: was a normal weekday lunch of ryvita, dairylea, wafer think chicken and tomatoes and cucumber - love love love this at the moment. (Hexa and 4 syns)

dinner is looking likely to be a Shepard's pie unless anyone has any amazing ideas of things to make with mince??

Went shopping earlier and ended up buying a cardigan in a size 14 - totally not that accurate because it's a baggy woollen one BUT the other choice was a size 20 and a few weeks ago I would of just reached for that and walked out. I'm taking it as a small victory :)

Hope you are all having a good weekend

Ooh fab victory :)

I planned to make the magic pancakes this morning but forgot to make the mix last night :-( I'm dying to try them but it will probably be next weekend now. I might even set a reminder on my phone (yes, my memory really is that bad! lmao).

I've given up using my home scales since I went on hols and they told me I'd gained around 4lbs when I'd actually lost 2lbs. My weight seems to fluctuate so much day to day that I daren't go near them lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ooh fab victory :)

I planned to make the magic pancakes this morning but forgot to make the mix last night :-( I'm dying to try them but it will probably be next weekend now. I might even set a reminder on my phone (yes, my memory really is that bad! lmao).

I've given up using my home scales since I went on hols and they told me I'd gained around 4lbs when I'd actually lost 2lbs. My weight seems to fluctuate so much day to day that I daren't go near them lol xx

I hope you enjoy the pancakes when you get around to trying them....they are a little odd but look like pancakes and smell like pancakes and that's enough for me :)

I need to give up on my scales too but it's just sooooooooo tempting!

That's food all done for the day then.

Had an apple and an Alpen light for a snack (3syns)

Dinner was Shepard's pie/cottage pie but instead of mash I did sliced potatoes because I think I tend to go overboard with mash. (About 3 syns for gravy)

Pudding was some lovely fresh mango :)

So that's another day over and done with, although I might have an options hot chocolate later....if I can stay awake long enough!

I have eaten sooooooo much today, not great the day before weigh in but it's all on plan stuff.

Breakfast: Alpen light and a banana (hexb)
Snack: Apple and another Alpen light (hexb)
lunch: super late at gone 2 so kinda grabbed whatever was around - spaghetti hoops, wafer thin chicken, scrambled eggs, and tomatoes.
Snack: another apple
DInner: gammon (no fat), sw chips, green beans and sweet corn oh and some pineapple which made my mouth go funny but it was kinda worth it. ( some syns for ketchup and butter on sweet corn about 6 max?)
Pudding: orange muller which are quite possibly my new favourite and 4 of Mr J's malteasers (syns for 4 malteasers is surely less that the 9 I have left!!)

I'm not very good at getting my hexa if I don't have weetabix for breakfast, didn't even have any cups of normal tea today to use it up. Only had green tea and squash. Hmmm might be something to work on next week.

Dragged my arse onto the treadmill today and although I couldn't run as I have an annoying cough right now, I did end up walking for 90minutes which was ok but boy my legs ache already.

Weigh in tomorrow then, I so wish there was a way to just know before getting on those blooming scales....mine are down 3lbs at the moment but that's only in the mornings. Mr J lost 2lb this week so gotta beat him heheh I keep trying to tell myself that I need to wait for my club 10 and two stone but it's so almost within my grasp!

In other news got the second part of my fertility blood test tomorrow - soooooo worried about what they will discover, I'm defo someone who would rather be in ignorant bliss. I wonder how long the results will take to come back? Of course I still want to get pregnant but part of me really wants to keep going down this weight loss road at this rate.....why didn't I just do this years ago, grrrrr!

Hope you have all had a super Monday good luck to those weighing in tomorrow.

I eat soooo much every day lol. I'm a self confessed piglet which is why sw is the best diet for me!

I think you're safe with the maltesers lol. I'm sure it's only around 9 syns for a whole standard bag.

How about babybels for a quick hea? You could keep some in the fridge just to nibble on.

Good luck for weigh-in tomorrow. The hubby gained last week, only 2lbs but I did feel a bit smug even if I did only lose a lb lol. I still weigh 5.5lbs more than him after his fab losses the previous weeks but I will get there!

Hope tomorrow goes well, fingers crossed for good results :) . I'm the opposite, I like, no, I NEED to know everything about everything lol. My daughter had blood tests a few weeks ago and they all came back fine apart from the full blood count which has to be repeated in a fortnight so my mind immediately went into overdrive. It's driving me crazy not knowing what they picked up on lol xx

Wahooooooo 5lb lost :) another fab but embarrassing week.

Got my club 10, slimmer of the month and slimmer of the week....a good haul of stickers and certificates :) I'm over the moon even though one teeny tiny part of me thought 'if only I'd got 6lb' haha never happy. I will get the two stone shiny next week.

Can't wait to see the 16's on the scales :)

Weigh in has totally cheered up what has been a crud day, had my blood test this morning and then at lunch time I seem to have come on my period over a week early....dunno what's happening to my body....could the weight loss be messing up my cycles? It's not like it's extreme weight loss?

Anyway food today looked like this

Breakfast - weetabix and milk - oh how I enjoyed that :)
Lunch- ryvita, dairylea, cucumber, tomatoes and wafer thin chicken
Snack - apple and Alpen light bar
Dinner - bowl of frosties and a kitkat

dunno the syns for the day but I really don't mind, nothing totally crazy there and I feel perfectly in control.

Hope you are all doing fab :)

Thanks miataiblue :) period turned into nothing....I hate my body sometimes!

Food today has been pretty normal

Breakfast: banana
Snack: apple
Lunch: ryvita, dairylea, tomatoes, cucumber and wafer thin chicken (hex a and b) and a mint muller
Snack: Apple and Alpen light bar (3)
Dinner: noodles, beef ( no visible fat) courgette, mushrooms and peppers and a chow mien sauce which was (3 syns)
Pudding: fresh mango

Not a bad day I'd say :) nice to have everyone at school ask me about my weigh in and be able to tell them good news! People keep asking my advice and I never quite know what to say? Stick to the plan and it works? I feel like I have changed so much in these 9 weeks, my attitude is so focused on this and more physically I think my tastes have changed....I said in my entry yesterday that I had a kitkat, but I actually ended up throwing half of it in the bin because it was just too sweet - what!! This from the girl who used to think nothing of eating a whole giant size bag of buttons? I just find it quite incredible. I would say to anyone struggling with the plan to trust it and stick to it, getting into healthy eating habits is so important to my long term plan and I feel like I'm achieving it at the moment. I don't want to reach for crisps, biscuits, chocolate and take always, I want fruit and veg and home cooked food because I love feeling this good :) Even yesterday when I was down about my 'period' old me would of reached for food whereas new me just actually dealt with how I was feeling.....writing this diary is helping I'm sure :)

So, 9 weeks in and 27lbs down and it's all going well.....long may this continue....I'm already planning how I'm going to deal with upcoming obstacles and I'm still feeling positive - we can do this :)

What an amazing loss! I am also trying to get pregnant! How long have you been trying? I feel really focus and actually enjoying SW as i really hope to get pregnant soon but like u at the same time i think i want to lose as much as I can first xx

Hi New_Patty - been trying over a year now...quite depressing really but weight loss can only help....right??!

Today has been ok, school is soooooooooooooooooo stressful right now but I am currently not turning to food to get through it, must.break.old.habits!

Breakfast: banana
Snack: Mango
Lunch: the now standard ryvita, dairylea, cucumber, tomatoes and wafer thin chicken
Snack: Alpen light bar
Dinner: pork loin, broccoli, swede and carrots, boiled potatoes and gravy (max 5 syns for gravy and bit of butter in swede)
Pudding: currently munching a curly wurly(6 syns) might have a muller later if im peckish

Not the most exciting food day but it's done the job. Tomorrow might be a bit dodgy as have run out of apples and cucumber and tomatoes....

Hi New_Patty - been trying over a year now...quite depressing really but weight loss can only help....right??! Today has been ok, school is soooooooooooooooooo stressful right now but I am currently not turning to food to get through it, must.break.old.habits! Breakfast: banana Snack: Mango Lunch: the now standard ryvita, dairylea, cucumber, tomatoes and wafer thin chicken Snack: Alpen light bar Dinner: pork loin, broccoli, swede and carrots, boiled potatoes and gravy (max 5 syns for gravy and bit of butter in swede) Pudding: currently munching a curly wurly(6 syns) might have a muller later if im peckish Not the most exciting food day but it's done the job. Tomorrow might be a bit dodgy as have run out of apples and cucumber and tomatoes....
I am sure it will happen to both of us very soon x

I hope so new_patty!

So today has been a boring food day so far.

BReakfast: nothing
Snack: muller light
Lunch: ryvita and dairylea (hexa and b)
Snack: Alpen light bar (3syns) and then mango when I got home
Dinner: chicken thighs (skin removed) sw chips, carrots and broccoli .....it's cooking now and I am soooooo hungry thats why I'm doing this to keep busy!

Going to to go food shopping tonight so next job is to make a shopping list, might have a browse of some recipie ideas and try some new things next week :)

Need to add some ketchup and a curly wurly to yesterday's menu (8syns)

Today has started well, so far had a banana muller and banana

The plan for lunch is scrambled eggs and bacon.....

Thats all for now.

Helloooooo everyone :) Hope you are all well and having a fun Saturday night, me and Mr J have been busy. I had the urge to have a change around (like you do) so we have completely changed the spare room around and de cluttered and subsequently the living room then needed sorting because we changed furniture. It was of those jobs that seem a good idea until you are half way through and just surrounded with junk! I have also just randomly nailed some photo frames to one wall....if I was a decorator it would be called a photo wall I guess but I'm more of an impatient woman who wanted to try something and now has some random frames on the wall haha oh well, something to work on!

Food today day has been slightly odd because I haven't really felt like much. ill repeat my food right from the start...nicer to have it in one post :)

Breakfast: banana muller and banana
Snack: Alpen light bar ( half hexb)and an apple
Lunch: bacon (no fat), mushrooms, spaghetti hoops, scrambled eggs splotches of ketchup (2syns?)
Dinner: sausages (tesco healthy extra Cumberland ones which were lush and only 1syn each according to the sw website) unfortunately that meant I felt obliged to have 3 (3syns) had them with swede, carrots and peas and gravy(2syns). Foolishly, I ate the sausages first so ended up leaving a lot of veg because I was stuffed.

No puddings of other snacks yet because I'm still too full....most unusual..... Kinda had my hex a through cups of tea but still have half a hex b to eat...maybe.....

hope your saturdays are going well :)

Haha loving the explanation of the 'photo wall' :-D

I need to have a clear out of the kids bedrooms and I keep putting it off lol. My son's a bit of a neat freak so his bedroom is usually a quick job but the girls are a nightmare! The youngest wants to bin a lot of things whether they're hers or not (I think this is more to wind her sister up than anything lol) and our eldest likes to keep everything down to tiny scraps of paper lol. I have to sort them while the kids are at school to save arguments (not to mention the tiny scrap of sanity that I've managed to keep hold of! Lmao) xx

I may have been a been hasty with 'the wall' it kind of looks like a shrine haha oh well.....cleaning kids bedrooms is a whole different ball game, when I was a nanny that was a job I did not enjoy. I used to throw so much stuff away when they were at school :-/

Feeling a bit down today, not really sure why. Haven't spent much time recently thinking about the baby stuff because weight loss has taken over my thinking but the last couple of days it's just swamping my brain again. Probably because my period is due again I suppose :-( I need to try and find time tomorrow to phone the doctors about my blood test but I'm dreading that too, I don't think I can take the bad news. I know there is nothing else we can really be doing, I guess a little part of me thought that losing a little bit of weight would make all the difference...I suppose it still might?? Anyway enough grumping, time to get on with another day....

We have friends round for lunch today so I'm wheeling out my wedges and chicken dinner which seems to have worked for weight loss the last two times we have had friends round....who cares hey, they don't know haha

Breakfast: weetabix and milk (hexa and b) like a long lost friend for breakfast :)
Lunch: chicken, sw wedges, peppers, mushrooms and corn on the cob, BBQ marinade for chicken (2 syns ish)
Snack: mango and an apple
Dinner: tbc

Have a good Sunday everyone :)

Don't feel down! My period is also due... I know what you mean i get hope every month even if it's only a day late. But also concentrating on losing weight has taken the baby obsession a bit out of my mind xxx

I like the sound of your photo wall kazrace. I did something similar too with our wedding photos and like you thought it looked like a shrine so ended up spreading them around the house a bit more.

Well done on your losses so far. I'm in the same boat as you, trying to lose weight to get pregnant, just with a good chunk more weight to lose. All I can say is keep up the hard work, every little bit will contribute towards where you need to be xx

Back