Mrs Potters Food Diary

Congratulations!!! Planning a wedding is so exciting!! Xxx

Thanks! :D I know i am so excited, its only about 5 months away, hard to believe we have been engaged 2 months already. How long have you been married? Whats happening with you diet wise just now? xx

Hey Hun

Yes it is very hard work because bad habits start keeping back in. I too stopped coming on for a couple weeks for the same reason getting too intense with it. Have come to the conclusion now to have a happy balance is that I follow sw Sunday through to Friday afternoon and then Friday afternoon to Saturday night I have whatever I want (kinda within reason on a Friday but but if booze is involved on a Saturday night I don't have much hope haha) :) done it for a couple of weeks now and it's seemed to work have levelled out. So my diary isn't going to really involve a weekend as no point putting it up haha.

So back to it this morning with my heb of porridge and my soya milk (will syn as minimal so I can then have cheese with my omelette at dinnertime) and chopped strawberries but then oh rang me from working begging to have a curry tonight eek so that's put me right out of my flow now

On the plus side though am doing the 30ds every day (haven't done it yet today thou oops) and my aerobics instructor is back from her holidays so back to two days a week doing an hours class. Going on holiday in just over 3 weeks need to get beach body ready...if that's possible haha x

Thats a really good idea! :clap: I think where i was going wrong is a was following SW mon to thurs night and allowing myself treats all day fri, sat and sun ha ha ha!!! I also had to stop the gym for a while because my knee was really bad, thankfully its all better now.

So how many syns do you allow yourself sun to fri pm?

Sunday 14th of Aug cont...

Another EE day today although havent had any super free yet :rolleyes:.

So far have had a good work out at body combat class which always leaves me feeling great. Then we had a nice brunch of 1 x sausage (say 5 syns), bacon and egg wmeal roll (HEB) + brown sauce (1 syn) and lots of coffee (part HEA).

Dinner tonight will be roast chicken dinner with lots of veg, SW style of course :D and a bit of gravy (1 syn).

Edit

All the above plus fruit and muller light

Syns 7
Week so far: 46

Last edited:
Gem_bear said:
Thats a really good idea! :clap: I think where i was going wrong is a was following SW mon to thurs night and allowing myself treats all day fri, sat and sun ha ha ha!!! I also had to stop the gym for a while because my knee was really bad, thankfully its all better now.

So how many syns do you allow yourself sun to fri pm?

Yeh I think 1.5 days a week should be just about right so I don't feel like I am missing out. But also it gives me the chance to have a night off and not worry for social events. For example had a good tea really Friday night fresh grilled salmon steak with steamed broccoli and green beans and potato gratin that I made (roughly two hea's per portion) but yesterday we went to my husbands grandfathers 85th birthday tea party so didn't count any syns/calories :) but back too it today.

I generally have around 5 but that's because people on here always recommend to have some syns a day. Today I will have around 5 but try to keep them on the healthier side of syns (if possible) so like no chocolate/crisps etc it's used in my meals really x

Eek only 5 months how exciting. How far have you got with your wedding plans? X

Sounds like you've got it all figured out Gem! I think that's a good system- I've gone over my syns for about 3 weeks running now but it's because of the booze!! But this weekend I've not been out so have found it easy to stay in syns. The thing is going out and getting pissed is SO much more fun now that I'm not self conscious about my weight! If anything I've become a bit of an attention seeker, dancing on podiums and suchlike! Ah well we didn't lose weight to stay sat in a corner! Xxxx

Oh and can I say I wholeheartedly recommend the website Wedding Gawker. It's basically a site where people upload pictures of weddings and when you click the image it's a link to their blog with more photos and info about the wedding. I'm not even getting married and I spent a good few hours on it the other week just looking at the lovely dresses / table decorations / cake ideas etc. Or you can use the search bar for example I typed in "short dress" and it had a load of links to people who'd chosen to wear a short wedding dress.

I'm not a wedding psycho, I spotted it on Food Gawker (which is also ace!) and just had to have a butchers and it's such a lovely site xxxx

julesm said:
Sounds like you've got it all figured out Gem! I think that's a good system- I've gone over my syns for about 3 weeks running now but it's because of the booze!! But this weekend I've not been out so have found it easy to stay in syns. The thing is going out and getting pissed is SO much more fun now that I'm not self conscious about my weight! If anything I've become a bit of an attention seeker, dancing on podiums and suchlike! Ah well we didn't lose weight to stay sat in a corner! Xxxx

Haha definitely don't sit in the corner. We have worked hard to get where we are and the bodies we got so we got to shoe them off now :) x

Yeh I think 1.5 days a week should be just about right so I don't feel like I am missing out. But also it gives me the chance to have a night off and not worry for social events. For example had a good tea really Friday night fresh grilled salmon steak with steamed broccoli and green beans and potato gratin that I made (roughly two hea's per portion) but yesterday we went to my husbands grandfathers 85th birthday tea party so didn't count any syns/calories :) but back too it today.

I generally have around 5 but that's because people on here always recommend to have some syns a day. Today I will have around 5 but try to keep them on the healthier side of syns (if possible) so like no chocolate/crisps etc it's used in my meals really x

Eek only 5 months how exciting. How far have you got with your wedding plans? X

I might give that a go. I will see how i get on this week first.

Wedding plans are going well...venue, dresses, cars, photographer,DJ all booked. Flowers and hair make up etc in hand! One of my major priorities is staying the same size so i dont have any problems with dress alterations...i must admit i was tempted to try and lose a bit more but i dont think there is any need really especially when i am finding it difficult enough staying on track ha ha! Need to focus on staying the same!! Defo just need to find a system that works for me that still makes me feel good. I forgot what a buzz it is to be eating well on plan and exercising regularly...as opposed to how i have been feeling which is fat and guilt ridden!

Ha ha! Well why not?! You deserve it after all the work you have put in. Its been nice picking/buying clothes for special occassions...oh i bought skinny jeans last week! I would never have felt confident in them before. To be honest i dont exactly have the legs of a super model, they are my...chunkier (?) asset i suppose but my new line of work has changed the way i think. I work with people who have cancer now and every day i am reminded of how precious life is, and the things we take for granted like our health and our bodies. Meeting a woman who has had a mastectomy certainly puts my issues into perspective.

Oh my goodness thanks for telling me about wedding gawker! I just checked it out. Sooo good! You could lose days just clicking away, nosing around. Brilliant insperation!

Also, i checked out your blog for the first time. Really enjoyed it. Lots of yummy things nom nom! xx

Gem_bear said:
Thanks! :D I know i am so excited, its only about 5 months away, hard to believe we have been engaged 2 months already. How long have you been married? Whats happening with you diet wise just now? xx

We got married just over a year ago, it was the most amazing day!! Wow sounds like you've got loads planned already! Have you got/ordered your dress?? I wouldn't worry about losing any weight, firstly you look great already, and also a lot people I know (including me) dropped a lot of weight in weeks leading up to wedding - only time I've actually eaten lots to put on weight!!! Must have been all the adrenaline and excitement burning off calories!!!

Hmmm diet wise I hit target then went on holiday .....!! I'm 3lbs away from target now, seem to be bouncing up and down not following sw properly for last 6 weeks, really should get back into it!! Stopped doing my food diary too which I don't think has helped!! Oh well - will get back into soon!! Xxx

Gem_bear said:
I might give that a go. I will see how i get on this week first.

Wedding plans are going well...venue, dresses, cars, photographer,DJ all booked. Flowers and hair make up etc in hand! One of my major priorities is staying the same size so i dont have any problems with dress alterations...i must admit i was tempted to try and lose a bit more but i dont think there is any need really especially when i am finding it difficult enough staying on track ha ha! Need to focus on staying the same!! Defo just need to find a system that works for me that still makes me feel good. I forgot what a buzz it is to be eating well on plan and exercising regularly...as opposed to how i have been feeling which is fat and guilt ridden!

Yes I agree when your on plan it is actually a nice feeling as you feel healthy with the foods that your eating etc.

Wow you are super organised :) well don't do a me and get pregnant so your exactly 4 months to the day the day of the wedding haha :) had my dress already measured and made by that point but luckily the only thing that grew were my boobs but now on the photos all u can see are boobs haha

Yeh see how u get on first as I have been maintaining since january so have been myself tweaking it and seeing what works for me x

Mon 15th August

B: fruit n fibre (HEB1+Part HEA1) Banana. Coffee (part HEA1)

L: Wmeal roll with quark and salad (HEB2)
chopped fruit and FF manderine yog (0.5 syns)

D: I posted a pic of this:
Halloumi, chedder and egg beetroot risotto.
This is a bit random but actually quite nice. I came back from swimming ravenous so went a bit over board and allowed myself my extra HEB plus some syns. I adapted a SW beetroot risotto recipe with one i found online. Unfortunately halloumi isnt a HE like i thought so syned it, I only had a tiny portion so going to say 3 syns for that and i added some chedder (part HEA2) also had some bruschetta SW style (HEB3)

Total syns today: 3.5
Syns for week so far: 49.5

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110815_202853.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110815_202853.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 34
  • ForumRunner_20110815_202949.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110815_202949.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Tuesday 16th August

B: fruit n fibre (heb + part hea) coffee (part hea) chopped fruit
L: left over cheesy beetroot risoto (2 syns), FF yog, banana
T: maggie so juicy chicken (1 syn) with mash (1 syn) and veg
Syns: 4
Edit: nibble nibble i go... 3 syns
Syns: 7
Total for week: 56.5

Last edited:
18th August

Yesterdays diary

Starving before work so had a FF yog
B: wmeal roll (heb) 2 x boiled eggs smiggen of flora light (1/2 syn) banana coffee ( part hea)
L: left over cheesy beetroot risoto, chopped fruit, muller light cranberry + raspberry (1/2 syn)
T: stovies with 1 oat cake (2.5 syns)
Cadburys caramel cake bar (6.5 syns)
Glass of red wine (6.5 syns)

Syns: 16
Total: 65.5

Thurs 18th August
Green

B: Fruit n fibre with chopped fruit. Coffee (heb1+hea1)
L: Pasta n sauce (1 syns + part hea2) salad, banana and FF yog (0.5 syns)
T: Baked bean omelette and SW chips. Wmeal roll (heb2) ketchup (1 syn)
Zumba class! Yay! :D

Syns: 2.5

Edit: Cadburys caramel cake bar (6.5 syns)
Total: 9 syns
Final total syns for week: 74.5

Last edited:
Friday 19th August
Green

Oh i am so glad its friday. I have a meeting with my boss this afternoon which will decide my work fate. Just looking forward to get this day over with and put the week behind me.

WI this am. If i go with my weight last friday then i have lost 3 pounds. Yay! However if you go with last saturdays weight (when i peaked) then i have STS. Anyways its all good :D

2:45pm

Its turning into one of those days where i am being a bit naughty food wise, but its all a result of poor planning and bad timing!

Breakfast went wrong when i didnt get my break in time so by the time i got to the canteen all the food had been put away. I had a wmeal roll with me and ended up picking up 2 x dairylea triangles (5 syns doh!), a banana and a muller light (0.5 syns) and coffee (1 syn).

Got home for lunch and only had one egg in the fridge and some beans...so had 2 x quorn sausages (2 syns) with it...and no wmeal bread so a slice of white (5 syns) and a smidgen of light flora (0.5 syns)

This would all be ok if i wasnt planning on having SW pizza tonight and a couple of beers...dont want to change my plans so will just have to take the hit today. Its not too bad after all...and it is friday!!!

So tea will be: SW style pizza (heb2, hea1,hea2 + 6 syns) Plus a couple of small beers... (6 syns)

Syns: 26

Last edited:
Hey. How has your weekend been? I have been absolutely terrible dreading my next wi already eek. Could do with a couple of really good weeks because of our holiday coming up so am going to try and be good all week and detox from all snacky syns during the week (ie sugary sweet snacks, chocolate and crisps) so only use syns in cooking meals etc and only stick too my 10 syns on the weekend so will have some chocolate then.

How did your meeting go with your boss and your sw pizza/beer? I need to try and do this pizza but never get around too it in case I fluff it up. Xx

Sunday 22nd August

So Saturday I will leave out as it was my naughty day. I made a key lime pie which was very nice!

So the diary for yesterday

B: French toast with cheese , 2 quorn sausages (heb 1, hea 1 + 2 syns)
Snack: FF yog
T: veg burger (heb2 + 1 syn)with ketchup and mayo (3syns) SW wedges
Syns: 6
Total: 32

Oops I'm getting behind!
Yesterdays diary
Monday 23rd August

B: fruit n fibre with chopped fruit and coffee ( heb1+hea)

L: veg burger with tiny bit of el mayo (heb2 + 1 syn) + salad
Small bowl of veg broth...(3 syns?)

T: quorn carbonara SW style (hea) + salad

Syns: 4
Total:36

Back