Mrs V's diary

Mrs V

Loves Life!
Like many of you on here, I have tried all sorts of diets, strayed from the path, given up and gained more weight! I always seem to come back to SW though!

I thought that I would enter each day what I have to eat, hopefully this will keep me in check, but will also inspire others to keep on track too!!!

Day 1 (Red)

Breakfast
250ml semi skimmed milk (a)
2 weetabix with sweetner (b)
strawberries
grapes
oranges
melon
Mullerlite yoghurt

Lunch
4 Rivita original crispbreads (b)
Tesco's Healthy living cottage cheese & chives
Ham
tomato

Tea
gammon
steak
Quorn cumberland sausages
egg
mushrooms
lamb chops
tinned tomatoes
fresh pineapple sliced

I am attempting to do this at home and will be checking the website religiously for any tips!!

Thanks all - I am rather meated out today!!! The mixed grill last night was huge!!

Day2 (Green)

Breakfast
2 x Alpen Light choc & orange bars (b)
strawberries
grapes
Mullerlite yoghurt

Lunch
cold pasta salad - made with: pasta (!) sweetcorn, red and yellow peppers, springonions, cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce, gherkins, radishes, celery - Mixed with : 2 tablespoons Hellmans extra light mayonnaise (1.5)

Tea
Batchelors Pasta n Sauce - mushroom & red wine, cooked with peppers, courgette, mushrooms and tomatoes. Once cooked, put in oven proof dish and add 3oz cheese to top - (b), (a) and (6)
Cook until cheese is crispy, served with syn free chips.

Total syns for the day - 7.5

All yummy!:party0049:

Day 3 (Red)

Breakfast:
Melon cubes
Pineapple chunks (fresh)
Strawberries
Banana

Lunch:
Fresh salmon fillets - baked in oven with lemon & lime juice left to go cold
Lettuce
tomatoes
cucumber
spring onions
red & yellow peppers
gherkins
2 tbls Hellmanns extra light mayo (1.5)
Mullerlite yoghurt

Tea:
roast chicken salad
(dressing made from tobasco sauce & a little salt)
4 x Rivita original crispbreads (b, b)

Snacks:
100g Bernard Mathews turkey ham (1.5)

Total syns: 3

Oops! I forgot to add 250ml semi skimmed milk as (a) - to drink tea and coffee throughout the day!!!

Hi Mrs V, am enjoying reading your food diary, as well as writing mine! I am feeling guilty for the amount of syns I am having now....are you planning on not have loads all the time, or just to kick start?

Hi Lizzie,
Thanks for the feedback!
I read your diary with interest too, it helps me think about what I can have!!! Lol!
The only time I have a lot of syns, is if I have a green day for an ounce of cheese (6). I don't tend to eat crisps or chocolate when I am on SW, not to avoid temptation, but because I am so full on fruit!!!
I wouldn't feel guilty about the syns you have, that is why you are allowed between 10-15 a day, so that you aren't deprived of anything...just enjoy what you're having, but without the guilt!!!!

Last edited:
Day 4 (Green)

Breakfast
Mulllerlite yoghurt
Strawberries
Apple
Baked Beans

Lunch
Ainsley Harriott's spicy tomato pasta
3oz cheese (a, b, b)

Tea
SW Syn free chips
Mushy peas
Egg
Quorn sausages

Total Syns today = 0

Day 5 (Red)

Breakfast
2 x Alpen Light Bars (b)
Apple
Banana
250ml semi skimmed milk (a)

Lunch
chicken breast fillets wrapped in smokey bacon
lettuce
tomatoes
cucumber
red & yellow pepper
2 tbsp Hellmanns extra light mayo (1.5)

Tea
Lean mince beef
onions
mushrooms
Passata and herbs (above all coooked together)
Loads of syn free veg

Snack
Mullerlite yoghurt
4 Rivita originals (b)
Tescos HE cottage cheese with chive & onion
Ham

Total syns: 1.5

Last edited:
Thanks. I try and vary what I am eating, otherwise I will get really bored!

Weigh day is Monday, so will definitely let you know how I get on!

Well, I made it through the weekend. I only get to have internet access really through the day when at work :giggle:, so I won't post the weekend diet sheets, as it will take me ages!
However, I stuck to the plan religously and even went round to a friend's house for a meal. As she is on the SW plan too, we decided upon curry!
Between us, we made 5 curries and I made syn free lamb kebabs, which even my 21 month Daughter tucked into!
To my dismay when I got on the scales this morning, I found that I have only lost 2lb - in my first week!!!! Ok, it is the TOTM and I usually gain 7lb, I have got off lightly. I am feeling rather sorry for myself though :cry:.
Anyway, I know that the loss next week will be greater, so.....to infinity and beyond!!! (it will probably take me that long to loose it all anyway!!! :D:rotflmao:)

Last edited:
Day 7 (Red)

Breakfast
4 Rivita original (b)
Tesco HE Cottage cheese with chive & onion
nectarine
apple
strawberries
plum
grapes

Lunch
salmon fillets
lettuce
tomatoes
celery
cucumber
springonions
radishes
gherkins
red & yellow pepper
2 tbsp Hellmans extra light mayo (1.5)

Tea
Lean mince beef
cooked with peppers, onions and mushrooms with passata and herbs (great syn free sauce!) - poured over:
carrots
cauliflower
courgettes
7oz new potatoes (b)
green beans
butternut squash

Mullerlite yoghurt
250ml semi-skimmed milk (for tea and coffee)

13/08/07 - (-2lbs)

Are you actually going to classes or doing this from home? Sounds like you're having a really varied and interesting diet ... looking forward to seeing how things go for you.

Hi Russiandoll,

I am actually trying to do this on my own from home. I have friends and relatives that go to class, so if I fancy a hifi bar or scranbran, they can get it for me.
I also have access to the SW website and use that as a guide and not forgetting everyone on here!

I have done the diet for so long, that I could recite it in my sleep! It is definitely harder trying to do it alone though, as there isnt the dread of facing the scales at a class!!

i agree with you on that one mrs v, its deffinatly harder doing it from home hence me rejoing class last thursday, just couldnt do it on my own :cry:

Day 8 (Green)

Breakfast
Omelette
banana
apple
plum
nectarine
strawberries

Lunch
Jacket potato
Heinz Baked Beans
Mullerlite yoghurt

Tea
Batchelor's Cheese Leek & Ham pasta sauce (1) mixed with peppers, courgette, tomatoes, mushrooms - topped with 4oz cheese (a, b, b, 6 syns)

Total syns today: 7

Thanks for looking!

Lol, I have suffered really badly all night with wind!! :character00117:

I really do love a green day, but I bloat so much!
Anyway, I thought that I would have another green day today, as I have so much happening later!

Day 9 (Green)

Breakfast
2 Alpen Light bars (b)
250 ml semi-skimmed milk (a)
Apple
Banana
Plum
Nectarine
Mullierlite yoghurt
Grapes

Lunch
Home made pasta with sauce:
Boil pasta
In another saucepan, fry mushrooms, onion, courgette, sweetcorn and peppers, until soft. Add tinned tomatoes, herbs, salt and pepper.
Add to pasta. (You could add chesse to this from a or b choise too)

Tea
Syn free chips
Quorn sausages
Fried eggs
Mushy peas

Snack
4 Rivita original crispbreads
Tesco Healthy Eating cottage cheese and chives.

Total syns today: 0

Thanks for looking!

Back