MrsBurgundy's diet, dramas and diary entries!!

Ugh - sorry to hear about the sponge :(.

Good news - turns out the sponge is ok!!! I put it in an airtight container, and had some tonight - was lovely!! A little fluffy and soft perhaps, but nice all the same!!!

Hazar!!! xxx

Think i'm off to bed now - can't stay up anymore!! x

Good morning!! I would love to say I'm full of the joys of spring, that I leaped out of bed at the crack of dawn, and started shredding as tho my life depended on it...........
Unfortunately that isn't the case! I woke up this morning in absolute agony, really stiff and ridiculously tired, and "ouch" doesn't begin to cover it!!!

I don't know if it was the shred alone, or if I overdid it doing Zumba class as well, but either way, i think I'm going to have to lay off the DVD when I have zumba, unless I do the DVD afterwards? Today, I think, will be DVD-free until my legs have recovered!!

I thought people were overexaggerating when they said they had to shuffle downstairs on their bum, but it's true!! And going upstairs is a killer!!!

Oh well, live and learn, eh?!

Hope you have a good day!
Love and hugs xxxxxxxxx

I think that is a very wise decision.

Just vow to do it the first day that you feel able.

There would be absolutely no point in forcing yourself to do it today and end up properly injuring yourself.

Take it easy today xxx

Morning Zeke!!!

I think i'm gonna see how i feel later on, but will probably skip it till tomorrow, although swimming may be a better idea for my poor legs!! Hehe!!!

I'm more worried that i have to set up a meeting here at work, and it's up and down several flights of stairs, and have to go up several times as can't carry everything! Think i may be in tears afterwards!!!

I'm wondering if my boss will help out?! Although i'm sure in some strange way it'll do me some good!!

That's my usual downfall - I always get so motivated, that i want it all here and now, overdo it, and then put myself off when i pull a muscle!
Although strangely, i'm still determined to do it, just need my legs to agree!! Hahahaha!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Day 2

Breakfast: 28g Cranberry Wheats (HEB) with Skimmed milk (Part A)

Snack: Banana and raspberries

Lunch: Savoury Rice (Golden flavour), Quark with Alpen Light bar on top
Activia yogurt (3)

Snack: Strawberries

Dinner: Lean bacon, baked beans, onions, tomatoes, 2 x waffles (5). Banana after (struggling with 1/3 supersede today!!)

Snack: 2 x sw sponge (2?)

Liquids: Coffee (part A), Water, Lemon and Ginger tea!

Syns:

Last edited:
How did all the stair climbing go? Sounds OUCH!

Yep - stay motivated! Maybe best to do a class/dvd every other day when you are better rather than two in one day. I dunno - I was suddenly doing loads more in my third week but I am now doing less (but still a lot more than what I was) now. It worked best when I listened to my body rather than stuck to a schedule. It was also much easier to do that in the holidays!

Hey Zeke!! Stair climbing was tough but manageable!! Still a little sore today but been doing wii fit as a substitute so didn't push myself!!!

Completely forgot to wrote my diary yesterday, but as it was partially awful I'm not sure I can syn it.... Oh well, here goes nothing!

Breakfast: bacon sandwich made with 2 x ww Danish loaf (b) and a tbsp brown sauce (1?)

Snack: mint choc ice cream (???)

Lunch/dinner: mcds chicken salad deli sandwich, fries, coke zero (?? Too many to count)

Snack: hi fi bar (6) crunchy nut cornflakes (unmeasured) with skimmed milk (a)

------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I've drawn a line under it and starting over! Woke up with some kinda eye infection/stye/ulcer which is totally crappy, and may explain the need for junk food yesterday. Either way, I'm hoping it goes soon: very painful ?

Today I've no idea what I'm doing, but think I'm gonna have beans on toast for breakfast!!!

Love and hugs xxxx

Liquids: water, coke, coffee,

Ugh! Sorry to hear about your eye.

Quite right to draw a line under the slight deviation from plan yesterday. It is fine to have days like that and have a little break as long as it doesn't turn into a big break. You only have to look at my fridgegraph to see how a couple of days break can sprial into nearly a year!

Anyway, it wasn't like you had loads yesterday - just a few extra syns.

Hope today goes much better for you!

Hahaha!! Famous last words!!! It had started out as a good day... Till I got to my OHs!! Somewhat unusually, I was invited for dinner (I've only been twice before in 2 yrs so wasn't going to turn it down!!) but I couldn't very well ask her how she was cooking (she's very abrupt, and strict and "businesslike"!) Anyway, dinner is brought out and it was LUSH!!!! Truly the nicest thing ever!!! Ive no idea how to syn it without my books, but it was salmon (which made me chuckle when I read ur diary!) and courgette mixed with garlic Boursin in pasta and side salad!! Truly yum!! Barring the oil and cheese which I'd need to account it was relatively ok!! Had an activa after (tho wasn't fat free) and then just had a hi fi a while ago!!! Nowhere near enough superfree!

So, back to work, and back to plan tomorrow!!!

I'm still amazed I was invited though!!! Made my weekend! Perhaps slow and steady really *does* win the race, seeing as everything is slowly falling into place!!

Keeping on topic tho, ***REALLY*** need to work my backside off tomorrow at zumba, then starting bk on shred on tues!!!! Can't wait!!!

Love and hugs!!! Xxxx

Ps Eye is much better now! OHs mum took a look and confirmed it was a stye, and that it should go on it's own, and a dew hours later, it did!! Still a little sore but nothing as bad as earlier!!

Xxxx mwah xxxxx

Well good news all round then!!!

Sounds like a healthy dinner even though it would have had a few syns. Fantastic it was more than worth it! You definitely don't want your future MIL thinking you are a fussy diet-slave!

We can both be 100% back on plan today after our respective weekends then.

Good morning!!!

Well, it's a new day, and a new start - but i was running late and have no breakfast stuff in work. So nipped into boots and picked up some sushi and a "rumblers" breakfast pot...but now have no idea on syns and can't seem to find it online. So have had the sushi and a banana, and a coffee, and not sure what to do about the rumbler!!

I think i use the syn calculator wrong, cos no matter what i put in, it always seems to come out massively high, yet others have already told me the value is low, so who knows!?!?!

LOL!! Future MIL!! Love it! Never thought of her that way - and i definitely don't want her thinking im a nuisance!!! I'm still beaming about my day yesterday, and have been ever so soppy watching wedding programmes (A series called Wedding House was filmed at Sundridge Park Manor House, just around the corner from me) so been getting teary eyed at that!!!!

It's funny how such simple things can alter your mood though. My OH family have never been all that approving or accepting. Or moreso, his mum. I'm sure i understand that she only wants the best for her son, as i do for my son. And i have a whole heap of negatives stacked in my corner (I'm older, i'm a single mum, i live at home, and over all of that: i'm not a Catholic) so it was never going to be easy, but i finally feel like i'm making some progress.

It's been nearly 2 years since my OH and i got together. Part of me feels like i've passed a test or something. Suddenly i'm included in "family" stuff, slowly but surely, and invited away for weekends etc. His dad surprised us with a weekend away in Norfolk and concert tickets to OHs favourite band, something i would *NEVER* have expected (But then his dad is fine with me, and has got to know me, which OHs mum hasn't)

I don't mean to rant but i'm just feeling good right now!! That i'm finall making progress and have proved that i'm in it for the long run, and that i'm madly in love with their son!! Finally they're getting to know me, and can see that we make each other more than happy!

The only 2 hurdles i have yet to overcome is:
getting OHs parents to meet my son (Still hasn't happened)
and meeting OH's gran (which is apparently not a great thing, as she's very set in her ways, and particular, and may cause great offense because she feels i'm not right for her grandson)
At the end of the day, my relationship is with him, not her, and not his parents, so whilst i'd like it to be as simple as possible, i really don't care what anyone else thinks!!!!

I'm going to marry this guy, and i'm going to be damn skinny when i do it!! Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So yeah!!! Today's going to be a good day!! I'm determined!!

Will get some salad stuff in for lunchtimes, and make some superspeed soup for dinner!!! WOOOH!

Hope you're all having a good morning!
Love and hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, i found the syn value of my rumblers pot - it was 14.

And then i promptly ate it.....so no more syns for me today!!!! Hehehe!!

Salad and fruit all the way!! WOOH! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How old is he? You cannot possibly be that much older!

Anyway, sounds like you are winning them round! :D Sounds like they need a period of time to fully appeciate what is really the most important thing for their son and that a life lived by a set of strict, rigid rules is rarely fun or truly happy.

How long does it take to train as a midwife?

You were raving, not ranting! Both totally fine, of course!

Hahaha!! Good point - i shall rave away!!! Hehe!!

He is 23, I am 28, so there's only 5 years difference, but he's had a very sheltered upbringing. Before he met me, he had no social life to speak of, just used to do stuff with his family. His younger brother is the complete opposite, goes to Ibiza, gets drunk, stays out etc etc (as you'd expect an 18 yr old to do) OH did none of that. Lived at home for uni, and the only time he spent away from his folks was his Masters year at uni last year.

So i was a somewhat unexpected little shock to their reality when i became his girlfriend and kept him out late at night (LOL!)

But i think i've opened his eyes to how life can be when you're not tied down to doing the same thing all the time. I don't disrespect his religion at all, i even went to Mass with him to show support, but i'm definitely NOT Catholic. Have been researching it and i've bought all the books and religious texts (bibles and catechism's etc) as i was genuinely interested, and thought it mayhave made things a bit easier, but with what i've read so far, i don't think there's any chance of me converting anytime soon!!
And so, i shall support him, and marry him in the Catholic way, and he can raise our kids Catholic, and i'll go to church on Sundays, but i won't be converting anytime soon!!

So, my latest task was to find a pretty Cathlolic Church (Nigh on imposible since Henry VIII burnt them all down!! But....i finally managed to find one!! AND it's not too far away!! Huzzah!!!!!

Sorry - seemed to go off tangent (as is the way!)

It will take 3 years to train and qualify as a midwife once you start uni, but i've yet yo get accepted to uni. With any luck, i'll be starting Sept 2012, so will be graduating 2015! Fingers crossed!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Ah - I didn't realise that you weren't definitely going yet. Not long before you will need to start filling in that UCAS form! I hear that it is a pretty competitive course.

No way I could be a catholic, either. MIL and FIL (who are both keen Christians) didn't realise I was an unapologetic Atheist until I had already married their son (who refuses to say what he believes!)! I'm not afraid to question any outrageous statement they make so thankfully it rarely comes up now! I was married before so the whole church wedding thing wasn't an option anyway (not that that was what I or DH wanted anyway). DH stopped smoking, got his hair cut and stopped drinking as much when he met me so I think they are happy to overlook it!

No, that his hardly any age gap at all.

Apologies for the sudden silence - got a little busy, and was out last night!!! Didn't realise it had been that long tho to be honest!!!

Zeke - it is a ridiculously competitive course, and part of me is super jealous that my friends both got places this year and i didn't. Apparently it was the lack of experience that stopped me getting a place, so hoping to do some volunteering ASAP!!

I'm stil doing my wedding planning - and tried to work out my guest list earlier. Never realised how many people i knew!! All good fun though!!!

I don't think i kept my diary yesterday....so best write that too!!!

Breakfast: Sushi and Rumblers (about 15/16 syns)

Snack: Peas in pods

Lunch: Chicken Salad with 1 tbsp balsamic dressing (BGTY) (0.5)

Dinner: Pasta with sweetcorn, peas and onion and quark, Banana after

Liquids: coffee, water, squash

Syns: 17 :(

TODAY:

Breakfast: 2 x weetabix (Look at me go!!! Something different!!) (B) with skimmed milk (A)

Snack: Peas in pod

Lunch: Leftover pasta with chicken salad and 2 tbsp balsamic dressing (1)

Snack: Strawberries and quark, alpen light (3?)

Dinner: Prawn Curry SW (6 due to OH getting wrong yogurt!!)

Liquids: Water!!!

Syns (10)

Last edited:
Breakfast: 2 x weetabix (Look at me go!!! Something different!!) (B) with skimmed milk (A)

I have this almost every morning! Fills me up, so you cant go wrong. Sometimes at the weekend I'll have 2 slices of Nimble with beans or egg, but during the week I dont have time, with school runs etc.

Best of luck with everything

x

I have this almost every morning! Fills me up, so you cant go wrong. Sometimes at the weekend I'll have 2 slices of Nimble with beans or egg, but during the week I dont have time, with school runs etc.

Best of luck with everything

x

Haha!! I usually have 28g cranberry wheats with skimmed milk, and sometimes a banana!! It's the first time during the week that i've had something different!!
I enjoyed it more than i though i would though!! Same again tomorrow methinks!! xxx

HAHA! I shows what frequent posters we are in our diaries when a gap of 24 hrs seems like a long time!

One of my friends applied this year, too. She didn't get in because she lacked science in her academic background. I think she is planning on trying again next year. TBH I wonder if her age goes against her as well (late forties). Yep - got on to that volunteering soon, it really isn't long before the next application cycle starts!

Does your OH know about all this wedding planning?!

We went for a very small wedding second time around - which was ideal for us. We also had a wedding evening rather than a day (got married at 5 pm in the Autumn - so dark). No cake, no speeches...I drove us both to the venue in my wedding dress (that I bought off the peg two weeks before!)! Just very good food and wine/champagne and our closest family and friends. First time round I had a medium sized wedding and it was all very traditional 'tick the box' (church, veil, cake, speeches, wedding car etc). I guess I wanted them very different.

Best go having probably bored you to death with my weddings!

Back