MrsCadbury's progress

Lost 1.5 tonight taking me to 13.5 in total. Hopefully 1 stone next week.

Think I really need to mix up my daytime food a bit. I'd say I've been having varied dinners but I eat the same boring food when at work.

Will be trying the syn free hummus this week. Hopefully I'll get my hands on WW wholemeal pita bread and have that for lunch a couple of days with a big salad.

I tried the syn free hummus but found it really grainy - I think it is worth adding a table spoon of tahini for 4.5 syns - works out to one syn per portion of hummus. Still mush lower than shop bought. x

Got new favourites for HE's.

Last night I used my HXa alpro unsweetened soya milk to make a caramel options hot chocolate. It was delicious. I put it in my coffee travel mug to keep it warmer for longer. Lasted me almost an hour.

Also bought some wholegrain rivita. Had them and Low Low cheese spread. Very nice. Took care of the crisps cravings.

Also good for crisp cravings are Velvet Crunch - 4 syns or WW crisps 4.5 syns.

DH is starting a new job on Monday and it was his leaving night last night. I gave him strict orders not to phone me on his way home and ask me if I wanted Chips and Cheese. I told him if he did phone me I wouldn't be able to resist. Isn't that terrible that even on the phone I wouldn't be able to resist them! It got me thinking...

When I was 15 and had my first Saturday job and discovered chips and cheese. That was when I was at school and living in a small seaside town. When I started college at 17 I was living in Glasgow with lots of fast food places around. I had a couple of part time jobs and was eating more chips and cheese.

When I thought I didn't have time to make something for dinner, I would have chips and cheese. On the way home from a night out, I would have chips and cheese. At any opportunity I would have chips and cheese.

I keep saying I'm going to make a slimming world chips and cheese. Haven't got around to it yet though.

How are you doing lady? Had a good week?

I mentioned this at group last night and a few people asked me for the recipe so thought I'd share it here too. Also on the recipes board. All free on EE.

Chicken Sweetcorn
Serves 2-3

Ingredients
2 large chicken breasts chopped
418g tin Creamed Style Sweetcorn
1 large onion roughly chopped
2 x 225g tin Bamboo Shoots (Blue Dragon)
(If you like water chestnut you could do 1 tin of each)
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped (or 2 tsp lazy garlic)
3 tbsp dark soy sauce
Salt & pepper
Frylight

Method
Spray a wok or large frying pan with Frylight over a medium-high heat. Stir-fry chicken and garlic for 3-4 minutes or mostly turned white.

Add onion and 2 tbsp of soy sauce and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes.

Add sweetcorn and bamboo shoots. Mix well and add 1 tbsp soy sauce.

Add salt & pepper to your taste. Simmer for 5-6 minutes.

Serve with boiled rice. I like Jasmine or Thai Fragrant.

If you really want to stay on plan any of the fish dishes would better but I would have what I wanted to eat, only have the one glass of wine (or none at all) and not worry too much. x

If you really want to stay on plan any of the fish dishes would better but I would have what I wanted to eat, only have the one glass of wine (or none at all) and not worry too much. x

Thanks. I like fish, but I do love a good steak! All week I've said I'll stick to vodka, but 1 glass of wine is so tempting... Only problem is when I get a taste for wine, it's difficult to stop. x

Don't have the wine then! Have the steak though and look at it as the happy medium!

Had a very nice meal last night. Haggis for starter and steak for main.

Alcohol - had 1 glass of wine with dinner and a few vodka, soda and fresh lime.

Stepped on the scales this morning(I know I shouldn't) and I'm lower than I was yesterday.

TMI alert
For the past 2 weeks I've not been going to the toilet properly. Today I went properly. Maybe I just needed some rich food to help things along.

Kind of neglected this. I've been busy reading other people's diaries and inspirational stories. I love reading them. I really feel they spur me on.

I lost 1.5 this week and last week. It seems to be my average which I'm happy with. I've lost 16.5 in total. I've got 57.5 to go. It sounds like a lot but or just realised I'm almost a quarter of the way there. Do what I've done, times 3 and I'll potentially be at target!

Back